Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: OPPRESSION TOWER: Not just a one man army  (Read 25783 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: OPPRESSION TOWER: And the world will beat a path to your door
« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2015, 08:35:01 am »

SOME GODDAMN KEAS CAME AND TRIED TO STEAL OUR STUFF, BUT I TRAPPED THEM BEHIND TIGHT DOORS AND HAD THE MILITIA KILL THEM. ONE TRIED TO STEAL AN ARTIFACT GEM! NOTE TO FUTURE OVERSEERS: KEEP EXTERIOR DOORS TIGHTLY SHUT.

ALSO I MADE A RANGED SQUAD, BUT WE HAVE NO AMMO. OR BONES.

EXPLORATORY MINING IS GOING WELL BECAUSE WE HAVE SO MANY MINERS, BUT THERE IS STILL A LOT OF WORK TO BE DONE, INCLUDING THE STAIRCASE TO THE FUTURE MAGMA FORGES.

SOME MIGRANTS CAME AND I ASSIGNED THE ONES WITH MILITARY SKILLS INTO THE MILITARY.

ELVES CAME AND I TRADED FOR SOME FRUITS AND ANIMALS. THEY LEFT UNMOLESTED.

I ACCIDENTALLY STRANDED THE MINERS IN THE DEPTHS BUT THE PROBLEM WAS QUICKLY FIXED.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2015, 08:37:11 am »

WE HAVE NO AMMO. OR BONES.

Or inside voice, evidently. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2015, 09:03:10 am »

WE HAVE NO AMMO. OR BONES.
Or inside voice, evidently. :P
FUCK YOU, THIS IS EFFECTIVE.

I FOUND SOME BONES AND THE BONECARVERS ARE MAKING BONE BOLTS. I TURNED AN UNUSED ROOM INTO AN ARCHERY RANGE SO MAYBE SOME OF THESE MARKSDWARVES WILL BE ABLE TO HIT THE BROAD SIDE OF A BARN.

A GIANT BEE CAME BUT IT CAN'T GET TO US, SO HA.

OKAY WE'RE OUT OF BONES NOW SO I GUESS WE'LL HAVE TO GET MORE SOMEHOW.

FUCK YOU NO SCREENSHOTS UNTIL IT GETS INTERESTING, BUT IT'S HEMATITE NOW SO MY OVERSEERSHIP IS 1/3 OVER.

OKAY THE GABBRO STOCKPILE IS IN THE LOWER MINES AND BLOCK PRODUCTION IS GO. I'M ALSO PUTTING SOME MECHANIC'S SHOPS NEARBY BECAUSE I NEED MORE MECHANISMS.

MAGMA FORGES ARE BEING DUG OUT, SHUT UP I KNOW THE ROCK IS HOT IT WON'T HURT YOU.

MORE MIGRANTS. ALL USELESS MIGRANTS ARE NOW FURNACE OPERATORS. OH, YOU'RE A TRADER? YOU CAN CONVINCE THE ORE TO SMELT ITSELF THEN! OH, YOU'RE A DYER? YOU CAN DYE THE ORE INTO METAL! OH, YOU'RE A HIGH MASTER FURNACE OPERATOR? GOOD ON YOU THEN, GET TO FUCKING WORK.

THE MAGMA FORGES ARE FULLY DUG OUT AND THE SMELTERS ARE IN PLACE, BUT APPARENTLY WE ONLY HAVE ONE ANVIL! I'VE ORDERED TWO MORE, AFTER WHICH I WILL DESTROY THE FORGE WE HAVE AND MAKE THREE MAGMA FORGES IN THE DEPTHS.

EXPLORATORY MINING IS DONE, I'VE ORDERED THE MINING OF ALL EXPOSED ORE AND GEMS. MASS SMELTING OF IRON AND GOLD HAS COMMENCED.

THE EDGE OF THE MAP IS BEING CLEAR-CUT TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE CAGE TRAPS.  I'VE DESIGNATE THE WHOLE SOUTH EDGE OF THE MAP TO BE COVERED. ALL USELESS DWARVES ARE NOW MECHANICS.

I'VE DESIGNATED MOST OF THE WEST EDGE TRAPS BUT I NEED MORE MECHANISMS TO CONTINUE.

THE MAGMA FORGES HAVE BEEN BUILT AND I'VE ORDERED THE CONTINUOUS PRODUCTION OF IRON BOLTS.

I'VE COMPLETED THE WHOLE WEST EDGE. THAT'S HALFWAY! AND IT'S ONLY MIDSUMMER! ALSO THERE HAVEN'T BEEN ANY IDLERS FOR MONTHS.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 12:11:28 pm by TheFlame52 »

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2015, 04:17:42 pm »

I CAN REALLY FEEL THE OPPRESSION. I GET THE FEELING THAT YOUR TURN WILL END WITH THE DWARFS TOSSING YOU OFF THE TOWER. CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY, THOUGH.
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2015, 05:56:33 pm »

If this is efficiency, I want no part in it.

Reread paragraph, will probably change mind if you post screenshots of the created wealth...
One wheel short of a wagon

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2015, 05:59:16 pm »

Post some damn pictures of the fortress.

If this is efficiency, I want no part in it.
Spoken like a true dwarf

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2015, 06:55:41 pm »

Channeling my patron mayhaps?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2015, 07:01:11 pm »

Spoiler: CREATED WEALTH (click to show/hide)

SOME GUY GOT POSSESSED AND HE'S MAKING SOMETHING OUT OF GREEN GLASS, SO THAT WILL ADD SOME WEALTH SOON.

Spoiler: THE NORTHWEST CORNER (click to show/hide)

THE WHOLE SURFACE WOULD BE TOO BIG TO SCREENSHOT.

THE CAGE TRAPS ARE PAYING OFF, WE'VE CAUGHT FOUR KEAS AND TWO RAVENS ALREADY.

Spoiler: MAGMA FORGES (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ARCHERY RANGE (click to show/hide)

IF ONLY I COULD CAPITALIZE THE SPOILER PART.

FINALLY, BEFORE I GO TO BED, THE CAGE TRAP RING IS COMPLETED!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 07:27:46 pm by TheFlame52 »

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2015, 08:25:34 pm »

You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2015, 04:01:30 pm »

Well, it would seem I have accomplished all my goals before the end of the summer, much less year! My next goal is going to be to train some legendary smiths. We have a legendary weaponsmith but nothing else. I've ordered iron leggings forged on repeat and melted until we have a legendary armorsmith.

There's a named and lightly injured GCS walking around the caverns, and the giant orange bee is nowhere in sight, so I'm going to assume the GCS killed it. It wandered off before I could screenshot it.

A kind citizen informed me that we're running out of booze, so I ordered more produced until we run out of pots or plants.

We now have trained giant sparrows, keas, and ravens. Even if they have no other use they will at least provide us with eggs.

Spoiler: Goblins! (click to show/hide)

A vile force of darkness has arrived! The cage traps will take care of some of it, but I have dispatched Maxcat to fight. I am confident in his abilities and no one else's. Recruits are far more useful alive and I find one legendary warrior can take out an entire siege.

Some goblins are caught by the traps, but a speargob chases down a jeweler and kills him. A few more goblins appear but they just stand there. Maxcat reaches the first goblin, a maceman, and dispatches him easily. The next, an axegob, is cleaved in twain. The last, a bowgob, is dismembered. The speargob who killed the jeweler was caught in a cage trap. This was a really underwhelming siege.

I order the dead goblins' weapons and armor for melting. Someone will get around to it. I also order up a few steel battle axes because I noticed Maxcat using a crappy woodcutter's axe.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2015, 12:18:01 pm »

Well, you calmed down a bit.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2015, 07:48:06 pm »

Our food stockpile is overflowing, so I'm having the woodcrafters do the one thing woodcrafters are good for - make wood pots. They're like barrels, but bigger.

I'm building an atom smasher to get rid of all these dead werepigs, too.

The dwarven caravan has arrived. I'm buying booze and selling mussel shell crafts. Liaison came too, I asked for booze, seeds, and lye. Ordering things from the liaison is always difficult in a succession fort because you never know what the next guy will need. Also, the world is the same as ever.

Maxcat now has a masterwork steel battle axe.

Most of the refuse is atom-smashed. Finally, we can put things in our refuse stockpiles! I used the worst mechanisms for the hookup because speed doesn't matter with an atom smasher. I also set the bridge to restricted traffic so nobody will ever walk into it on accident.

Migrants! A high master surgeon, two engravers, two traders (lolnope furnace operators), a metalsmith, and a gem cutter.

Spoiler: STOP FISHING (click to show/hide)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2015, 03:07:33 pm »

Okay, I finished the save at school, so here are the things I accomplished before the end of the year:

The river froze so I tamed it with floodgates. Two still need to be linked to the nearby lever, I just didn't have time to complete the linkage before the thaw.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We now have several exotic animals, including keas, giant sparrows, and a giant coati. The keas, ravens, and giant sparrows are breeding.

Lor Rirsigun is now a high master armorsmith. You should probably make him stop making iron greaves.

I added around four levels to the tower.

A gem cutter got possessed and made a perfect schorl.

We actually have more than one weaponmaster now.

And I think that's about it!

Spoiler: Status Screen (click to show/hide)

Save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10785

Oh, and I made myself the legendary weaponsmith at the beginning of the year. :P Because I'm always the best weaponsmith and it's always a woman. No exceptions.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2015, 07:51:35 pm »

Oh good, more than one weaponmaster.

Am updating the OP at the moment, but in the meantime, Captain McClellan, it's your turn.

Alrightyo OP is good to go, except I STILL need a list of dead and alive dwarves.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 07:56:49 pm by 4maskwolf »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: OPPRESSION TOWER: Not just a one man army
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2015, 11:04:42 pm »

Captain McClellan has been skipped, it is now the turn of Arx.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13