Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: OPPRESSION TOWER: Not just a one man army  (Read 25833 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: OPPRESSION TOWER: Build a better tower
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 02:43:52 pm »

No screenshots?

My tower demands relevent screenshots to every section of text.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 02:46:15 pm »

Screenshots will be uploaded when I actually have a tower.  But here, have a screenshot:

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 03:14:32 pm »

I am so in right now. Please dorf me as Orange, profession name Wizard, and appoint him manager duties. I'll take a turn too, but I might bail on it depending on how busy I am.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 03:18:16 pm »

22 Felsite, 210

The Depot, the Bridge of the Gods, and a part of the Grand Road have been completed, and I have instructed the others to begin work on the walls to surround the depot to keep uninvited guests out.

27 Felsite, 210

After much hard work, Karevos has created a true masterpiece, a larch crown of great beauty.  This will be among the prize jewels we will trade to the fall caravan.

5 Hematite, 210

As the heat of summer arrives, the walls around the Depot are beginning to take shape.  I have left a small gap open for future work on the road system, but it is otherwise as complete as it can be for now.  Next step: Build a roof over the trade depot, so as to limit the amount of time the dwarves spend in the direct sun.

22 Hematite, 210

Keas have stolen a few of our crafts, and the flooring of the depot roof is complete.  The plan is to use the area above as a craft storage area, for easy access to the depot, but until the keas that will have to wait.

PPE: Sounds good, Orange.  Also, I'm having a strange number of dwarves stuck in trees: first Deus Asmoth, now Maxcat61.  My best guess is they are being startled by keas.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 03:24:34 pm »

They should climb down when they get hungry.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 03:50:05 pm »

28 Hematite, 210

Two masterworks have been lost so far to the keas, which I believe is both of Karevos's current masterworks.  She is absolutely outraged at this occurance, but there is little we can do to stop the keas.  Also, Maxcat61 has managed to get himself stuck in a tree, I hope this fall doesn't kill him when Deus cuts it down...

21 Malachite, 210

The keas have left, and the storage level is fully sealed.  The others shall begin to move goods from one stockpile to the other.

2 Galena, 210

A group of migrants have arrived, and are quickly conscripted onto the building teams.  All in all, there were eight of them, and one was conscripted to join our small militia force.  The other seven, including a carpenter named Orange, are to work on the constructions, although Orange has also been given the position of manager due to having experience in that field.

1 Limestone, 210

As summer ends and autumn begins, further progress has been made on the lower level of the tower.

They should climb down when they get hungry.
Eh, I just chopped the trees down.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2015, 04:09:23 pm »

9 Limestone, 210

No outpost liaison arrived with the caravan today, which is an anomaly.  However, the caravan did arrive, as promised.  Goods are currently being moved to the depot to trade with them.

13 Limestone, 210

After some negotiations, we bought out all of the food they were willing to sell us in exchange for all but one of our craft bins.  A good deal, all in all, since we can't make our own food right now.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2015, 04:12:59 pm »

That looks cool. :D
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2015, 04:23:16 pm »

Oh hey we might get to my turn today rather than in my limited time tomorrow.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2015, 04:27:19 pm »

I LOVE MY TREE I WILL BUILD A TREE HOUSE AND STAY IN MY TREE FOREVER IT WILL BE FUN AND EVERYONE WILL BE HAPPY
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2015, 04:30:38 pm »

Oh hey we might get to my turn today rather than in my limited time tomorrow.
Indeed we will, I'm also pressed for time so I'm trying to get it done and out the door.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2015, 04:56:38 pm »

Oh dear, this is a thing? Well I will be watching, I wish to be dwarfed as nomoetoe, no job preference, maybe put me in the military. Got to die for the cause. c:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2015, 05:10:26 pm »

Panic swept through the fortress as the massive humanoid blew down the mine shaft staircase.  Within seconds, 4maskwolf and Sakzul, a recruit, where cut down by the foul creature.  All dwarves still outside of the tower ran to take cover within the fragile safety of its walls.  All, that is, except one.

Maxcat61 sized up the creature, bringing his shield between them.  It's glowing mahogany eyes shone with malice, it's form vaguely similar to an twisted rhinocerous.  With a roar, the beast charged, and Maxcat61 brought his axe around in a sweeping arc to meet it.

As dawn broke, the dwarves peered out from the tower, the sounds of battle having gone silent.  Slowly, covered in blood that was not his own, Maxcat61 walked up the stairs and exited the mine shaft.  He lifted the head of the beast into the air, and a great cheer went up amonst the remaining dwarves.  The sun got brighter and brighter in the eastern sky, as the first day of the new year dawned.

Weeeeeelp that happened.  Here's some pics of the fortress:

Spoiler: Lower level (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Upper level (click to show/hide)

The link is here

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
Re: OPPRESSION TOWER: Well that clarifies the transition of power
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2015, 05:18:33 pm »

Awe yes:
I am now a badass. Please rename my job title to "The Minon".
This may be coincidence, but all of the "Maxcat61"'s in all the succession forts seam to be rather sturdy. The last one died by falling down 2(not just 1) waterfalls, along with a pile of stone.
I am also getting a "Conan the Librarian Barbarian" sense for my dwarf. Training for months, on his own, in a dark mine pit, and then fighting and killing a monster that killed his peers.
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: OPPRESSION TOWER: Well that clarifies the transition of power
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2015, 05:29:27 pm »

Downloading the save.  Gonna start soon.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13