Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: OPPRESSION TOWER: Not just a one man army  (Read 25876 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: OPPRESSION TOWER: Not just a one man army
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2015, 11:58:34 pm »

Alright! I'll pick up the save this afternoon. I doubt I'll get much play time over the weekend, but I should get some in the course of my two weeks.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2015, 01:24:13 pm »

D-double post!

I apologise in advance, by the way. For the character and whatever havoc I may inadvertently wreak.

Orraait, the mense say I must take over the fort. That's not my werk, I tell them, but what can you do? So I dekko the stocks again and ask the Orange-man to dala me the workforce list quickly while I check out the map.

Ek sê, I's seventy and what is this. They say for me, we build a tower. This lot of misbaksels isn't building a tower, I tell you what.

Why is there birds in the building. I tell you, this is not hygienic.

Why does this knoppie say Vamp Seal. And why must we have two? I do not like this.

Watse open-air building is this? The apple is going to fall far off the tree without walls, neh? This is not the dwarf way, ek sê. I have started to fixed it.

Why is all these mens wearing this broken clothes? It is not right.

Ek sê, the earlier baas have never seen efficiency. Why must we trek these blokkies so far? I must make a minecart system.

We have a moerse high building. We have all this sub-dwarf creature. We have a donderse good army. Ek sê we must start throwing goblins.

I only really had time to look over the fort. I don't think this will end well, but hey!

Also uncultured Afrikaans labourer CMD is best CMD.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2015, 05:52:38 pm »

I set up the vamp seals in case a vampire came. You would just put the vamp on the bridge, and pull the lever. Problem solved. When I was overseer, There were no idlers allowed. I was the one who started that "open air building", but I didn't finish it before I passed the save to Flame (even though I asked him to finish it  >:().
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2015, 05:58:49 pm »

Hey, I completed some of it, just not the weird part with the bedrooms. Also I built the tower up several levels and made around a thousand stone blocks. I contributed  >:(

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2015, 09:06:08 pm »

You've got a day or so to update again, Arx

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2015, 11:42:15 pm »

Dammit. I can only update from Monday. It might be better to skip and shunt me to the end of the list. I do have some plans, but none that can't be iced for a turn or two.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2015, 02:01:27 am »

Dammit. I can only update from Monday. It might be better to skip and shunt me to the end of the list. I do have some plans, but none that can't be iced for a turn or two.

Could just upload what you have so far, a person who signed up for another turn finishing off your year so the next on the list can start at the beginning of their year.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2015, 12:55:28 pm »

I'm in the posterior end of nowhere without my laptop right now, though. I'll only be back on Monday, let alone uploading saves.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2015, 10:33:36 pm »

NJW2000, you're up.  Proceed from the save at the end of year five, if you will.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2015, 01:47:01 am »

Wow. This is unexpectedly soon. Exams come up in 2 weeks, but I should manage to get something done over the weekend. Will post ASAP.
Grrrreat.

I may have forgotten to mention somehow that I have no longer had a fort survive till a gobbo siege. This is no longer true, so don't worry. I had one last night, and it was very dramatic. I feel fully qualified to do a bit of opressing now. Picking up save.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:21:43 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2015, 01:36:12 pm »

Well, here goes my year:

Who the hell is a prophet? Infiltrating grand forts and posing as a mighty leader to play up to my own megalomanaic tendencies is MY job. He better not start taking on daunting and unmanageable tasks to the inconvenience of others as well!

More updates to follow, but must get fish and chips now.
All this is impossible to understand. It is impossible to build higher, we'll hit the atmosphere or something. So I order outward expansion, and a giant statue of myself Armok to house the King.

Whyyyy are the marksdwarves in the river?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's a kid in there as well. Hopefully this will stop the cancellation spam of "Marksdwarf cancels drink: look for child". She will even be able to drink now, so it's all fine.

This year will take forever.

The marksdwarves seem fine. They are now warier and better swimmers. Where is everything? It's 10:20, I ought to be asleep. Will play through spring at least! I am resolved!

I have started on my own optimal mining techniques. I am also going to start training our hammerer, so he can be a mighty force of justice. Is the game paused? No.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bed soon, but I built a new carpenter's workshop outside! That'll show 'em!

Oh, also, I am going to make sure our hammerer has an iron war hammer, and maybe an artfact mace as well, and is incredibly muscular, tough, fast, vicious, inexhaustible and well trained. This will help prevent crime and make the population feel safer. Like how in America, everyone is less edgy because all the police have guns. Like robocop. That was a great film, apparently.

We need a statue garden. That is also a labyrinth. So they have to appreciate as much art as possible going in and out. There appears to be a gigantic slide going through from the base of the tower to the 3rd cavern layer. Who this is intending to oppress I am entirely unsure.

Hey, why can't out "Prophet" beat any criminals? I was feeling the oppression for a minute. Oh, we must train him then make him a killer. Fine. I can wait. Possibly.

Not sure how long I can keep doing this. It's late, I have been playing for 1/2 an hour or so, and have got through 8 days, including leaving the game playing while typing. I think my laptop can't handle this, and have a GCSE coming up in 3 weeks, but will give it 1 more try at a later date. That's all for tonight. May have to pull out. Sorry.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 05:00:40 pm by NJW2000 »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2015, 02:53:20 am »

Ok guys, sorry for the pointless wall of text, but I don't think my laptop can handle this, and I don't have that mmuch free time anymore anyway. I wouldn't like to waste 2 weeks that somebody else could be playing in, so we could just start from year 5 again. I only played into 9th Granite, and there seems to be a fair number of people ready to step into the breach. Sorry about that.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2015, 04:20:16 pm »

Add me to the list
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2015, 04:43:13 pm »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2015, 06:01:56 pm »

really? oh crap....I hope my internet does not spaz out like last time I tried to download a save....

ok going to try....cross your fingers everyone......

what version are we using
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13