Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Invaders  (Read 666 times)

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Invaders
« on: March 02, 2015, 04:50:23 pm »

I just came under siege.  No military yet but I do have bridges and some traps set up.

I've pulled everyone inside and sealed up the fortress.  The invaders are on the NW corner of my map but have made no move towards my entrances.  It's been a full month with no movement from their initial appearance.  How long for undead invaders to normally attack?
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Invaders
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 05:05:08 pm »

If you've sealed the fortress they have nowhere to path to. You need to have at least one open path for them to move, and I've found attackers ignoring my trade entrance completely until they've started pathing towards the main entrance (once they get a whiff of dwarf, they seem to be able to follow the weaker trails, or something), but if the main entrance is locked up they have tended to ignore the other two entrances completely.

In my latest fortress I had one undead siege that just randomly moved around close to the edge of the map for a year before leaving, despite both entrances being open (I didn't have the third one at that stage), and they passed 6 tiles from the trade one. Another siege had siegers actually descend into the trade entrance and then back out again while the main entrance was closed.

I never figured out any reason for why that particular siege didn't find the fortress. Possibly because the enemy entered the map slightly further away from my fortress than the others?

IF the undead attack they will do so at about the same rate as goblins, in my experience.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 09:46:07 am »

In my latest fortress I had one undead siege that just randomly moved around close to the edge of the map for a year before leaving, despite both entrances being open (I didn't have the third one at that stage), and they passed 6 tiles from the trade one. Another siege had siegers actually descend into the trade entrance and then back out again while the main entrance was closed.
Maybe they were heading to some other site?
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 10:25:43 am »

Maybe they were heading to some other site?
Tourists.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 01:35:17 pm »

I did get the usual message, and for travellers, they were extremely uncoordinated, since they seemed to slowly drift around randomly. I think the horde was following their living leader around, but the leader just drifted.