Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Has chained invader's behavior changed?  (Read 749 times)

Echostatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Has chained invader's behavior changed?
« on: March 02, 2015, 11:05:23 am »

I used to have a couple chained goblins in my mayor's office back in the day, no problem. In the current version, the goblin immediately started fighting nearby dogs when put on an artifact rope. Can invaders no longer be safely chained?

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Has chained invader's behavior changed?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 02:56:10 pm »

I think it's not the behaviour of chained creatures, but rather dwarfs' attitude towards them. Civilians and aggressive animals like dogs now often (usually very ineffectively and in the case of civilians with massive mood hits) assault wildlife and presumably chained non-peaceful beings.

Echostatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 03:50:32 pm »

Well that sucks. What is a fortress without a dungeon filled with naked goblins?

TBeholder

• Bay Watcher
  • the shade of something you remembered to forget
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 04:15:50 pm »

Put them behind wall grates/bars?  :D
Nafferton said: “See me chase that boy till he drops!” I said: “You can’t get your knife into an Assistant Commissioner.” Nafferton told me that I did not understand the administration of the Province.
- "Pig"

Echostatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 07:28:47 pm »

I supposed I'll just dig a pit and throw them in there. They can limp around with whatever injuries that gives them forever. Maybe I'll make it next to the mayor's office and put windows in. That'll do until I get something fun like a minotaur, and can make it a labyrinth to drop goblins into.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 10:49:25 am »

I supposed I'll just dig a pit and throw them in there. They can limp around with whatever injuries that gives them forever. Maybe I'll make it next to the mayor's office and put windows in. That'll do until I get something fun like a minotaur, and can make it a labyrinth to drop goblins into.
Don't forget climbing and jumping unless you are playing old versions.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)