Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Anyone up for a game of Warzone 2100?  (Read 12808 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf

Gah, didn't expect there will be a new version since I last played it. Good to see people STILL working on that game, but I'll have to re-download. I'll try to catch you all later, if the game will be still up.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Gah, didn't expect there will be a new version since I last played it. Good to see people STILL working on that game, but I'll have to re-download. I'll try to catch you all later, if the game will be still up.

No one's joined yet, so there's time.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

If one more person decides to show up, then the game can start.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still need just one more person GET ON YA LAZY GITZ, ANYONE WILL DO
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

still at work for 2 and a half hours D:

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Agh, I haven't played this in ages (or ever against y'know, actual people). But PTW anyway.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

It sounds like an interesting game, but it looks so ugly and so unintuitive.

I mean, in TA even purely metallic planets looked like they have more color. This game as far as I see looks grayer than every other game that I know of.
._.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you seem very very focused on what you THINK it seems like (without playing) and you keep comparing it to TA (which it is not)

It is an old game but a good one...

That's the second time you have complained about it...why not just download it and try?

If you are so hung up on the aesthetics then I am not sure what the point of repeating it is...it's an old game...of course it's ugly by our standards...not much can be done about that

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

you seem very very focused on what you THINK it seems like (without playing) and you keep comparing it to TA (which it is not)

It is an old game but a good one...

That's the second time you have complained about it...why not just download it and try?

If you are so hung up on the aesthetics then I am not sure what the point of repeating it is...it's an old game...of course it's ugly by our standards...not much can be done about that
...it looks like I've picked the wrong Youtube video for examination. welp
._.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Forgot to post the end result yesterday...

Anyway, after a friend of Orb's came by to fill in the last slot, it was 2 hours before Orb crushed all of us.  Sinistar would have been the last one to die, but it turned out I had a single engineer floating around that I used to build a 'final stand' base, from which I managed to knock out his laser airforce before he got his ground forces over and destroyed me easily.

Considering he's a competitive RTS player, it should have been expected...Maybe next time we can get more people.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:56:19 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll play next time depending on when it is.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile

I have a bunch of time today and this weekend, if anybody's up for it.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My report: yep, that was fun.

There was quite some waiting for potential 4th player and even after Hugehead joined (I think this was actually our resident Hugehead, no?), Orb managed to crash his game twice so we had to restart. :P

So during the actual match, I've decided to go straight for high tier tech and highly defensive play... which turned out to be a silly silly mistake as I soon burned through my resources by making unnecessary amount of walls and gun towers. Been a while since I played either RTS or WZ2100, so give me a break. Anyways, very early on a small attack group from Hugehead started harassing me (not paying attention I though you only get immediate access to one opponent, scavangers blocking the center... but I digress) but I've managed to hold them off with my superior quality (but inferior quantity) tanks + repair vehicles. Soon however, he returned in greater numbers and me, still trying to play with tanks overly expensive for early economy, this time succumbed completely to his onslaught. He proceeded to destroy all of my structures but sentry towers and I was about to be eliminated... but lo and behold! I've had two of my builders stationed at one of the natural expansions (there was the 3rd one at other expansion, but stuck thanks to my rabid wall placing, herpa derpa). So after Hugehead cleaned up my starting location, I carefully waltzed back with those two and started a slow recovery... which, in all honesty, never came to be. By the time I got my industry back and running I was already too far behind to really apply pressure to any of my opponents. I did some minor harassing of my naturals (cyborgs are FUN), stealing them couple of times, but that was about it. Eventually Orb eliminated Hugehead and Zanzetkuken (bar his engineer), leaving only me with a handful of low-tech units and fully encircled base to stand against his end-game army... Didn't really turn well for me, as one can imagine.  :D

Still, I was REALLY enjoying this. Been a long time since I played any sort of RTS against human opponents and despite getting steamrolled, I had tons of fun. I'm really itching for some multiplayer Supreme Commander now.

I'm totally up for some more Warzone though.  :)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

About ingame crashes, it's been a long time i didn't played Warzone, so the following may still or may not apply to the latest version :
If you're having ingame crashes, go disable shaders in the video options, in the version i played it seemed to fix the problem entirely.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

I'm really itching for some multiplayer Supreme Commander now.

I'm totally up for some more Warzone though.  :)
I'd be up for some multiplayer SupCom as well, but by the time I had fixed my broken econ in me/tarran/gig's co-op vs AI Tarran had already started heading to smash the AI bases.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4