Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 222474 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 06:23:32 pm »

(THIS STUPID IPAD! ...now I don't feel like doing this now.....dang it, I will join later)
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 06:29:23 pm »

(Piece of advice, it is generally better that for the beginning you write in the form of journals.  The two attempts at branches were pure RP, and they failed pretty badly.  The original, on the otherhand, primarily started out mainly in couple paragraph journal entries of the inhabitants (I say mainly as someone ran a community fort for a short time), with it slowly bleeding into RP.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 06:48:06 pm »

(I'm talking about how I was typing up my skills and my browser crashed)
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 09:14:55 pm »

{Certainly. How exactly do the rules here work? i.e, does someone manage the thread, should we post only once or a few times a "Turn" ETC.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 09:31:46 pm »

((Don't know how D wants to run it, but what happened last time was people submitted a DF approximation of their IRL skillsets, then there was a community fort where the citizens where DF-hacked to resemble the forumites.))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 10:04:21 pm »

{Huh. Well, that does sound interesting. I'll probably be better off than some, in that scenario. Also, how would this work if someone like Xantalos shows up?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 10:14:14 pm »

((I want to participate!))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 11:42:38 pm »

((Don't know how D wants to run it, but what happened last time was people submitted a DF approximation of their IRL skillsets, then there was a community fort where the citizens where DF-hacked to resemble the forumites.))

(As I mentioned, there were also various journals of forumites added in which contained stuff the was beyond the limits of the game.  You're temporial cage trap that erased you from time, for example.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 12:23:57 am »

(Piece of advice, it is generally better that for the beginning you write in the form of journals.  The two attempts at branches were pure RP, and they failed pretty badly.  The original, on the otherhand, primarily started out mainly in couple paragraph journal entries of the inhabitants (I say mainly as someone ran a community fort for a short time), with it slowly bleeding into RP.)

(So you mean something like this?)

1st of Obsidian

Holy Shit! I... I'm in a fort... I'm in a fucking fort! I'm stuffed, I'm fucking stuffed. *The writing here becomes illegible*

3rd of Obsidian

So I've calmed down a little now. It's taken a bit of time, but I've decided that if I'm in this fort I have to defend it somehow. I mean, I'm going to die anyway. With this in mind I searched the wagons this morning, I didn't find many weapons that hadn't already been claimed for chopping trees or mining but I did find a wooden training axe and I swung it around a bit. I won't be cutting much, unless our own laws of physics have been overridden by the laws in this world, but I can still bludgeon things to death with it.

4th of Obsidian

So I formed our first Military Squad today. I guess that, that makes me the Militia Commander! Anyways, the squad is named the Results of Boredom and I'm currently the only member. I saw Amperznad today. He seems to think he's some sort of mercenary, we don't have any swords so he's become a miner for now, but I don't trust him. My thoughts are that if he is a mercenary then there's nothing to stop him running from a fight to save his own skin.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 12:50:35 am »

{Looks fine to me, although given how this will be working I'm abandoning the mercenary gambit.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes bears for their fuzzy-wuzzyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 04:17:10 am »

I like the idea of the journals with just RP. Hugo, seeing as you ran the second one any input is appreciated.

I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"
If it's magma resistant, mod it so it's not!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 09:37:33 am »

1 Granite: What the hell just happened?  Last thing I can remember I was sitting in class, and suddenly I'm here.  I'm... I'm...

I'm a dwarf.  In a fortress.

My body seems to know what to do, so I'm going to just go about engraving the walls.  Hopefully I can pick up some skill myself so I can start engraving pictures of home.

The others seem just as confused as I am, many of them from all over the old world.  What has happened to us...

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2015, 03:57:05 pm »

...Holy shit. My computer ate me or something and now I'm in Dwarf Fortress. I'm a dwarf. In Dwarf Fortress. IN A DWARVEN FORTRESS. Ohfuckimsofucked.

2nd Granite; Okay, calmed down some. I'm in good physical condition, there seems to be enough food and booze, and I found a pickaxe somewhere, I can work with this.

5th Granite; Spent the last few days chopping a hole in a hill, starting to get a feel for this pick. Some of the others are pretty friendly, this one engraver seems really eager for me to reach stone.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:09:40 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2015, 09:17:16 pm »

This can only end in madness. I like madness. It's where I live. And you. You just don't know it yet, because somebody told you the world makes sense when you look at it from the right angle. It doesn't. They too are mad.

Eric the Dead;
Novice animal caretaker
dabbling grower, engraver, architect, carpenter, woodcutter, cook, plant gatherer, animal dissector, animal trainer.
competent reader, writer.

5th Granite:
I found a chisel. Nobody seems to care that I'm chiseling all the walls. All the things will happen, I know it, it will be just like the forum games. We must make record. For the record, I'm not mining. Giant emus make awesome livestock; lots of eggs, lots of meat, plumage. Kodkod may or may not try to kill us all. Kobolds are best used as haulers, if any are allowed to live; tell them the stockpiles are their home. Don't argue about organization, just be glad that they grab everything they can get their hands on and haul it "home" with them. They do not make good security guards.
Stay out of the caverns!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2015, 09:54:14 pm »

PTW and MAY participate. Or may not. Such enigma.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 262