Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 222057 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #3285 on: May 03, 2016, 11:35:17 pm »

[To be clear, the radiation isn't too severe.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3286 on: May 04, 2016, 01:35:24 am »

((Well, yeah, but standing in it for a week is notably stupid.))
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: May 04, 2016, 05:02:01 am »

"Yes!  That is also a problem!"

Hopefully, into the mountain?  Unless Spark says it's worse in there.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: May 04, 2016, 06:21:41 am »

Porkins examines the moon with his acite Porcine Vision.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3289 on: May 04, 2016, 09:40:59 am »

Sing a note so high the rock cracks

Sing the insane strawberry song

((hurry up please))
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: May 04, 2016, 02:04:56 pm »

(Incidentally, it's the middle of the night and raining. Do you want to wait for morning?)
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3291 on: May 04, 2016, 04:08:58 pm »

(Incidentally, it's the middle of the night and raining. Do you want to wait for morning?)
NO!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: May 04, 2016, 04:10:01 pm »

((We want to cut there and assume sanity.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: May 04, 2016, 04:16:06 pm »

(The next update is you arriving there either way, the question is just whether or not you think moving wounded on a dark and stormy night is worth it.)
Muh FG--OOC Thread

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: May 04, 2016, 04:43:10 pm »

"Hey, it's my old friend! The satanic ritual moon!"

"I'm joking. That thing is seriously creepy."

Get up, test my body to see how well I'm doing. If I'm fine, help move the wounded in. If I'm not, still help unless I myself need help.

<<I don't think I'm hurt. Am I hurt?>>
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: May 05, 2016, 02:18:52 am »

[Nope. You just needed a few hours of rest after being nuked having a demigod crash near you and having an seizure.]

[Incidentally, you're not just moving them right in the door, it's something like an hour's travel- on rough terrain, to the other side of a mountain -under good conditions, which these are quantifiably not.]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 02:43:16 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3296 on: May 05, 2016, 10:20:50 am »

Wait for morning to move.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: May 07, 2016, 03:13:58 am »

Remaining on watch through the night at a healthy distance from the camp, Porkins watches the strange lights on the moon through occasional gaps in the rainclouds. They don't seem to be doing much, there are no apparent patterns to them, don't look like any kind of ritual form, nor do they seem to be a cognitohazard, as might be expected from out-of-place lights in the sky. In the end, all he gains from the night's watch is a little philosophical rambling and clothing thick with ash.

As the sun begins to rise, workers and soldiers stir from the tents to begin preparations to return to the fortress auxiliary entrance.

As simple covered biers are created for the wounded and a temporary cairn is stacked for those dead already unearthed, the awful ashen rain finally slackens, leaving the dawn sky blue and clear, but for several pillars of smoke and steam, where the terrible Arrows landed, and presumably remain dangerously hot.

The group finally finishes preparations to leave shortly before noon, and sets off, the worst wounded remaining on their pallets, a meter above ground level, on the shoulders of dwarves.

The journey is long and somewhat unpleasant, with the ground evenly coated in a thing slick of ashen mud. The path taken the first time appears to have been damaged overnight by secondary collapses and small floods, but alternate routes can be found readily enough in the cheering light of day.

One such detour takes the entire winding group several hundred meters up the mountainside, just as their position aligns with a gap in some of the taller neighboring peaks. This, rather unceremoniously, gives a remarkable view of the Dancer's death-site. An impressive crater, surely more than a hundred meters across, about a third of the way up a stocky hill, blackened debris thrown in every direction. Steam rising into the sky, and scattered glinting fragments of golden something. Fragments of the Arrows? Shreds of clothing? The being's ruined body, torn into a myriad chunks? Regardless, the view is memorable, especially with the smaller craters of missed Arrows scattered across the landscape as far as the eye can see.

About an hour after that, perhaps two in the afternoon, the group reaches the mouth of the box canyon that leads to the Auxiliary Entrance. Soldiers man the simple earthworks that guard it, and quarried rubble is already visible, moved up from the mines to begin true fortification. Odd looks are exchanged between ancient goblins and dwarves barely grown into their beards, between veterans in ash-soaked steel and civilian workers in bright cloth.

In the end, every mortal thing who witnessed the Dancer Zha's death and survived sits in a dwarven antechamber beneath the earth, awaiting administrative processing. His Lordship's relief group, apparently more-trusted or considered less-worthy of the stone's protection, remain at the Auxiliary Entrance, contributing to the assembly of new defenses.

Spoiler: Fish (click to show/hide)
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: May 07, 2016, 10:18:54 am »

"Oookay.  So, whatever's outside is radioactive.  That includes some of us, but thankfully it isn't at murderous levels.  We think.

There's some sort of pattern to the radioisotopes that's not necessarily normal.  I think we should forbid the corpse and materials from it until we've figured out if it is that."
Sigtext

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: May 07, 2016, 01:37:05 pm »

"Sounds like a good idea, and everyone underground should be fine until we figure out what's causing this."
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 262