Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 222367 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #360 on: July 03, 2015, 03:29:01 pm »

hmmm... This is a rather nice.... What was that? Came from the caverns. suppose id better check it out

{by now, the dorfs are building  hte second step}
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 03, 2015, 03:42:33 pm »

{Just to be clear, I'm currently acting as provisional GM.}

The Troglodytes reach us, those that still live, and the guards end up in a brutal melee brawl.

Blaze extinguishes the magic napalm soaking his clothing, successfully using his last few scraps of metabolic energy to do so, and has a sudden epiphany that if he tries any more runic magic today he'll have to use his brain as nuclear fuel to manage it.

The well grate, four hundred meters away and 300 feet in the air, over the biggest lake in the area. If we could build a boat while fighting every living thing within ten miles, it'd be a great evacuation route. As is, someone should probably just lower a rope ladder or something.

Sarvesh and the Bandage-Carrier somehow manage to free Pyrefly and get her arm splinted, before handing her a dead soldier's pistol belt and a shortsword.

"You have three more arms and the boys could use some help, we'll handle the wounded, go!"
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #362 on: July 04, 2015, 03:41:49 am »

I,ve just had the best idea ever!!! If we build a well over the hole, using thick chains and one of htose useless lead coffins, attach to the mighty screwpump generator, well have a lift. I'm a genius!!!

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 04, 2015, 09:45:53 am »

Pyrefly didn't exactly have time to think before going to help. She also had no idea what she was doing, she was swinging the short sword wildly at a Troglodyte, not used to the weapon.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 04, 2015, 10:46:21 am »

-blaze likewise goes to assist-
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 05, 2015, 01:59:52 am »

Those in the fortress above begin assembling a linkage with the main wind power shafts to allow for a mechanical lift over the massive hole in the floor made by the collapsing pillar. What a good idea.

The troglodytes aren't really a match for five trained soldiers in steel armor, though their superior numbers count for a lot. That's where having an elven swordsman along helps, still faster than they are despite being almost catatonic from exhaustion and wearing ten kilos of rune-lightened platemail. Pyrefly gets behind one of them about to finish an unconscious soldier and eviscerates it, the image of a glowing giant insect covered in blood with two halves of a shattered rifle tied around one arm standing over the squealing remains of one of their own frightening the survivors to the point of fleeing, especially given the fire everywhere and having lost sixteen of their number already.

They turn to run, uncontested, because nobody here really wants to continue the fight. It is at this point that a long, bladelike, chitinous leg comes out of the darkness to impale one of them and draw it back for a meal. Eight eyes shine in the shadows, five meters off the ground.

Giant Cave Spider! Crush it! Burn it! Shoot it!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 05, 2015, 12:07:21 pm »

"we just can get a break today can we? everyone just ignore it. with any luck the trogolite is enough food for it."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #367 on: July 05, 2015, 12:37:44 pm »

I found the firing range!!!

Gwolfski has became an elite gundwarf

On a side note, we are completely out od ammo...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 05, 2015, 06:29:35 pm »

"You, civilian, they need workers near the cave-in, I don't care how many leaves you're hauling, GIT."
*runs off to assist*
Wait a minute, was that Amperzand?  I know I've heard that before.  Elsewhere.  In a different game.
...Okay, what the actual [EXPLETIVE DELETED] is going ON in this Armok-damned fort?!
*trips on a rock near the stairs*
..AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*casts Slow Fall midfall*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
*faceplant at extremely slow speeds*
I grab a conveniently-edged chunk of diamond, and tie it to a stick.
"Hopefully, weapon...If nothing else, manalogical reaction catalyst."
I do something !!FUN!! and charge the GCS, stabbing upwards with a suddenly *casts Imbue Weapon: Shock* electrified spear.
Thankfully, I'm only mostly here.
Some experiments with advanced Parasol technology were required, but I have clones and a memory synch that work across Armok's many worlds.  Sadly, it did not occur to me, when I was packing, that within five minutes of my arrival, I would be falling into a cave weaponless.  This mistake will obviously be rectified next time, with extreme prejudice.  And probably sawblades.
((What, give me a DF transportalizer and assume I gen a new world, or point it at the one everyone else went into?  Bah!  Spearbreakers first!  Then Bay12Fort!  Optionally, I drop by the world you brought certain crew members from, as well, for a supply drop.  Some magic gear would be nice, in addition to Parasol's/Ballpoint's/Mr Frog's tech.))
==Elsewhere==
>>He just finished one game, came back from another, and now he does this?  I'm debating installing parental controls.
>Oh, let him be.  It's not like he has anything else to do.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 07:23:04 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 05, 2015, 06:38:13 pm »

The human blinked at having been caught by the Dwarf. "For the most part my focus of studies has been structural and mechanical engineer. In particular I have worked on automation, however my attempts have only resulted in systems capable of producing mugs." He admitted.
...I know this is off-topic, late, OOC/meta, and decidedly stupid of me, but you really should take that to Spearbreakers.

In other OOC shenaniganry:
That anti-nuclear rune is probably just outright holding the protons and neutrons in place.  Small things, easily held, but I don't know just how forceful the forces involved are.  Alter this if you want, but I think that's how it might work, physically.  You can't make air impenetrable to nuclear radiation because the gamma will just reradiate from whatever it hits, I think.  Alpha and beta, however, sure, you can block by bouncing them off of air molecules.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 07:31:37 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 06, 2015, 01:29:42 am »

{Oh, hey Net. Couple things, the maroon text is basically just my 'generic dwarven soldier' textcolor, not "Me" though I do use other colors for myself sometimes, and it doesn't reduce the relevance of DTG!you recognizing the general voicetype. Other than that, while it's not precisely the DTG!me here, the DTG2!me is in theory a literal fusion of a version of meta!me and meta!Amp's personalities, plus, this being, for RP purposes, meta!me taken from the real world circa two months ago realtime and dropped into DF, he'd at least take notice of someone saying he's from the DTG 'verse. Gah. Textwall with no relevance to anyone here other than Netpatham/TheBiggerFish, who I know from elsewhere. I have dishes to wash, then I'll updop.}
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:32:05 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #371 on: July 06, 2015, 03:33:28 am »

the machine is starting to look real! I am hoping for a real big reward for this as if  i didnt find enough already!!!

I also got the smith to make bullets for me. I designed him some casts.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:42:01 pm by Gwolfski »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 06, 2015, 05:59:51 am »

{The uranium is very thoroughly sealed off, for reasons of NO NUKES 4 U, no pitchblende boolits or hazard suits yet. That and as long as high-speed stuff's happening you only have like a few minutes a post to do stuff with. Don't worry, the combat's almost over and then fun stuff can actually get plan'd. Also it's super late here so no updop for you,}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #373 on: July 06, 2015, 08:33:59 am »

1+1=2
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:42:24 pm by Gwolfski »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 06, 2015, 09:26:48 am »

hay, i alrady had them lead armour eith anti radiation runres on them made. come on, pitchblened bullets are cool! imagine the uses!

what does updop mean?
Updop==Update.
It's a reference to a different forum game on a different forum.

Speaking of, what are the post rules, anyway?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:19:08 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 262