Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262]

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 222248 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #3915 on: July 28, 2017, 06:03:58 am »

<<I'm just imagining the look of horror on everyone's face if I made a tank out of human bodies. It's pretty entertaining.>>
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #3916 on: July 28, 2017, 12:47:46 pm »

<<I'm just imagining the look of horror on everyone's face if I made a tank out of human bodies. It's pretty entertaining.>>
((Im prepared to apply a obvious rules patch just to get this image out of my head))

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #3917 on: July 28, 2017, 12:54:21 pm »

((On a side note, to allow us to discuss things easier, here is a discord chat for us: https://discord.gg/t6vBkNG))

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: July 29, 2017, 04:38:08 pm »

Doubloon-Seven, accountant, and severe realist, has arrived by caravan to make sure that the books are kept stable, and the inventions aren't impossible.

Does this place have any sort of geothermal activity, with magma and such?

Also, if we have so much uranium ore, what would we use it for? I mean, bombs are good and all... but how would we deliver them? We don't seem to have any rocket technology, and no aircraft, so bombs may as well be useless. I think nuclear reactors would be much better use of the uranium- and if we are going bombs anyhow, wouldn't a nuclear reactor be able to produce plutonium? Missilewise, it would actually be fairly easy. Rockets can be propelled well enough by just refined kerosene or ethanol, and since refrigeration isn't currently a thing, the simplest available oxidizer would probably be hydrogen peroxide.

EDIT: I've been talking to moony, resident GM, on the discord. Thanks to me and my love of logic, I've accidentally convinced him into having an imminent chimney fire problem due to coal dust buildup, a lack of oxygen, requiring either large fans or air compressors. Cleaning the chimneys would take about a day each, for a total of 100 days. Or, we could just take everything above ground, taking up huge amounts of time due to our lack of elevators and transport more advanced than wheelbarrows. Which would leave little time to actually equip the military. Or, we could just deal with huge chimney fires and inability to burn large amounts of coal due to oxygen loss, and dwarves dropping dead from lack of breathable air. Dear Bay12.

I fucked up.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 05:40:27 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #3919 on: July 29, 2017, 05:29:34 pm »

Everyone give DOubloon-Seven and Gwolskia hand for reminding me about the state of this place and how well it plays with !!PHYSICS!!. New tasks and TODOs for you if you want a safe workplace :D
OBJECTIVE : TIME REQUIRED
Get oxygen flowing into workspace: 2-3 months
Update transport: 1 month
Construct and put in place enhanced ventilation: 5 months
If you dont clean the chimneys, fire!: 3 weeks.
If you dont get O2 in, Suffocation!: 4 months
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 06:15:12 pm by MoonyTheHuman »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: July 29, 2017, 08:52:57 pm »

Also, hey, Chaotic Skies.
If you actually want to make a tank out of corpses and dark magic, there is a giant pile of dark-magic'd corpse chunks in a sealed cave near the fort, from when a necromancer attacked and the players mulched like 400 zombies and sealed their remains in a hole.

For that matter, you could build a corpse-mech if you wanted probably.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: July 29, 2017, 10:17:05 pm »

Okay, to actually fix up the messes that I created, I may as well get started. most obvious solution, and probably simplest is to just give a peasant a stick and lower him down on a rope. We should avoid huge fire, so that's more immediate. Later on, we'd be able to install some fans. For now, we kinda need a gun. I'm not great at guns specifically, but fairly good at bullets.

Ideally, I think WWI tech without the airplane would do just fine, with minimum being paper cartridge needleguns. For that, we'd need the capacity to draw brass (Or some other metal) into proper cartridges. Gunpowder would suffice, but if we want smokeless powder, guncotton would work, if we had the capacity to produce nitric acid. Bullet metal doesn't really matter, probably lead. Not sure what caliber to use, though. Centerfire primer pretty good, and for gunpowder, gunpowder would work just as well as a primer, though we might want to use small amounts of nitroglycerin.

Edit: Actually, gunpowder as a primer seems to only be a thing for artillery pieces and flintlocks. At the time, people would be using a type of mercury... which still needs nitric acid to produce. I guess the Haber Process would be helpful here.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 07:13:53 am by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: July 30, 2017, 02:30:16 am »

{Aircraft are feasible. You have access to advanced engines, although fuel may be an issue.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: July 30, 2017, 01:55:20 pm »

We'd want aircraft to deliver bombs, especially the god-killing nukes that would help. Though... would a plane be worth it when you can just get a telekinetic to fling the bomb, maybe attached to a glider?

Avanti!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: July 30, 2017, 01:58:34 pm »

Plane gives you guidance and range over a single throw
Muh FG--OOC Thread

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #3925 on: July 30, 2017, 01:58:56 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262]