Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 222305 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #645 on: July 19, 2015, 10:02:20 pm »

"i think an AI of some sort would be needed for any construct that's not a brain dead puppet"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 19, 2015, 11:22:22 pm »

"Not really, if I understand the nature of such things correctly, it'd be easy enough to take some unlucky lizard and stick it in a shiny new body."

Having satisfied myself with my own inability to fully examine the thing, I sit back down to finish putting my final prototype together.

{Incidentally, if anyone wants to discuss technical subjects OOC, from now on let's take it to PM. I'll probably start a PM for everybody at some point.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 20, 2015, 06:16:16 am »

"In order, me too, yes, depends, not necessarily as Amp said, and I didn't do that and don't.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 20, 2015, 09:21:11 pm »

((*uses thread necromancy to provide actions*))
"You know, I wonder if I could..."
*Narrativium-induced gear noises*
"Aw, come on.  Is there some sort of spontaneous inspiron (particle) generator in this fort?!  All right, you might just want to get me a workshop so I can turn out magic stuff.  And sapphires.  And another Nether Cap."
"At least it's mostly duplicating the irreplicable.  Which is obviously, at this point, no longer true."
"Why, for Armok's sake, does this keep happening?!"
((I was not planning on this when I started this post.  Yay.  I have surprised MYSELF.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 20, 2015, 09:31:16 pm »

{It'd be cool if other people would post more. I realize I'm the GM, but that mostly applies during combat encounters or conversations with NPCs, not between-drama RP sessions. Also, I think Moods are limited to once every other month at a maximum.}

Looking faintly bemused; "If you want a personal workshop, feel free to commission one. It's what I did once I realized what I'd be doing here."

I finish assembling the gun on the table, work the bolt a few times, and begin loading a crude box magazine with obviously hand-forged brass cartridges.

"Want to watch me burn my eyebrows off when this thing breaks in a way I didn't know to expect?"

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 21, 2015, 06:39:27 am »

{It'd be cool if other people would post more. I realize I'm the GM, but that mostly applies during combat encounters or conversations with NPCs, not between-drama RP sessions. Also, I think Moods are limited to once every other month at a maximum.}

Looking faintly bemused; "If you want a personal workshop, feel free to commission one. It's what I did once I realized what I'd be doing here."

I finish assembling the gun on the table, work the bolt a few times, and begin loading a crude box magazine with obviously hand-forged brass cartridges.

"Want to watch me burn my eyebrows off when this thing breaks in a way I didn't know to expect?"

((One: It's been a month.  We skipped over the month line.))
((EDIT:Every other?  Eh.  See point #2.))
((Two: Inspiration particles and reactions to != mood.  I will make it overabundantly clear if I mood.))
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:41:28 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 21, 2015, 03:34:03 pm »

{Alright}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 21, 2015, 06:11:03 pm »

{Carry on, citizen.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 21, 2015, 06:25:39 pm »

((*YELLS LOUDLY UNTIL SOMEONE ELSE POSTS.*))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 21, 2015, 08:00:08 pm »

==A Freshly Excavated Workshop==
"Looks like..Yup."
Everything appears properly set up.  ((And by appears, I mean is))
"Right.  Time to work on this."
A bit of work occurs, culminating in the production of a Nether Cap based freeze ray.  Well, not a freeze ray, but the device sucks in heat from a target point.  Currently-unsightable (or out of range) targets are welcome to the 'grenade' form, one of which is also produced.  ((They're reuseable.))  Range setting is manual, at the moment (slider, 3-50 Urists with AoE being a sphere of 2U radius or less, also manually set with a limit down to about .1U (note that the effect will be more powerful in smaller areas) ), as the AI complex enough to determine a target based on intent is not supported on the stone these are made of.
The capability to increase heat is also added, on a toggle switch.

Of course, I'm not DONE, but this is a quick job, mostly simply applying an enchant and some logic.
The real work starts when I have the sapphires collected and another pair of diamonds.
((Basic supplies, like wood and some basic spools of metal and all, are not mentioned in that list.))
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:03:45 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 21, 2015, 09:38:38 pm »

Pyrefly started waking up, having been asleep for a long time. She had no idea what was happening now.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 22, 2015, 01:44:29 am »

A doctor notices Pyrefly's awakening with surprise.

"Welcome back to the land of the living. I'm afraid we weren't able to do much for you other than keep you warm and safe while you replaced the damaged bits of exoskeleton, though it would seem rather odd that a full comatose hibernation period is necessary to rebuild a few plates. Perhaps it was arcane backwash."
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 22, 2015, 06:19:18 am »

"Welcome back to the land of the living. I'm afraid we weren't able to do much for you other than keep you warm and safe while you replaced the damaged bits of exoskeleton, though it would seem rather odd that a full comatose hibernation period is necessary to rebuild a few plates. Perhaps it was arcane backwash."
((Oh, come on.  Blame the magus...))
Sigtext

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 22, 2015, 08:50:37 am »

"I have no idea... I'm pretty sure I fell asleep in the middle of a conversation... I'm a bit hungry and thirsty now..." Pyrefly said, sitting up.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 262