Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 221936 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #675 on: July 23, 2015, 06:39:14 am »

"chains are a bad idea, its feathers are saw like, i have some charm spells"
NO PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH, PLEASE AND THANK YOU.
Perhaps something like -is interrupted by BiggerFish shoving a spell scroll into his hands-
/null
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 23, 2015, 09:20:12 pm »

[Combatdop incoming, I have to make dinner.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 23, 2015, 09:21:20 pm »

[Combatdop incoming, I have to make dinner.]
((WOOT DOP YEY))
((GL with foods.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 23, 2015, 10:59:42 pm »

{I find that, in general, adding smoked paprika to savory food only improves matters.}

The Hospital;

"We can certainly do that. One honeyed steak with additional healthwine coming right up."

The Caverns;

Blaze and FishNet, having gotten themselves and the soldiers with them to cover with the aid of arcane shielding, begin setting up a ritual spell in hopes of calming the beast, pouring energy into the circle.

Said soldiers, all two of them, begin moving out to the sides, not wanting to be near such obvious magic, and deciding that flanking the beast is their new priority.

Amp, nervously holding his prototype Rattler SMG, stands guard near the magic users, igniting a stationary flare and staring out into the darkness to search for any of the lesser dangers the caverns hold, all of them angered by the events of the last month.

In the fortress above, alerted by a simple receiver/light FishNet built, the bulk of the military begins deploying, getting the stairs fortified and assembling a group to send into the caverns.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:39:18 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 24, 2015, 05:19:38 am »

"That gun will only send bullets flying back our way, I think."
"D'you have any explosives?"
"In case this doesn't work."
"If it fails miserably, we should fall back to the stairs, there should be soldiers."
"I don't know if this thing can move.  I'm hoping not."
"Either way, flanking it won't really help much.  We simply don't have the weapons."
I pull out some scrolls and hopefully pass them to the soldiers.
"If we use these, three spells at once of the same type ought to work better than just one...I hope...I haven't had a chance to do the math yet."
Flare flits about nervously, behind cover.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:25:49 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 24, 2015, 06:32:45 am »

"This thing? It's loaded with unjacketed hollow points, they'll neither hurt it or ricochet much. I brought the small arms for troglodytes and spiders, you guys can deal with the giant magic monsters."

"I've got two one-kilo black powder charges and some little grenades for my stubber, both unlikely to do much to this thing. If we had one of the big cannons down here we might be able to knock it out like we did the first time, but they'll take hours to get down the staircase."

I cautiously look around the rocks we're using as cover, getting a warning inhalation from the beast for my troubles.

"I'm fairly sure that if it could move, it would've already, since it's had a week to think about things and I doubt it cares about further pain very much."

"If that alert thingy you set up is working, there will be soldiers coming, and they'll probably bring at least one good-sized cask of spare powder for their muskets, so if we want to kill this thing we should have a chance."

"Of course, it's not in any real shape to do much, and we kept it alive in the first place because we thought it might be useful, so killing it would be sorta stupid at this point."

The soldiers look at your scrolls dubiously, and one of them asks what good they're supposed to do with painted toilet paper.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 24, 2015, 06:39:59 am »

"Oh, bloody..."
"They're essentially prepackaged spells.  I believe I wrote the activation word on there somewhere."
"When I say 'now', say the word and think like you're aiming at that thing."
((We never did say what kind of spell...Going with the kind that forces it not to attack.))
((Also, after the spell, I'm going to use a sleep scroll so I can check if the spell actually worked.))
"I suppose we could route invaders through here.  Heh."
Sigtext

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 24, 2015, 07:35:24 pm »

-rectecon-
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:47:23 pm by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 24, 2015, 07:40:34 pm »

{None of the things you tried to do with healing it and strapping it down happened, because they were impossible within time limits and with resources.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 24, 2015, 07:48:16 pm »

{None of the things you tried to do with healing it and strapping it down happened, because they were impossible within time limits and with resources.}

((I did not strap it down, check the edit on the entry, since we are all down here I assume the calming at least worked, because otherwise we would probably all be dead))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 24, 2015, 08:45:35 pm »

{The calming hasn't happened yet, you guys are in the process of attempting it as a major ritual spell, and probably won't work anyway. We're still alive because it can't move and the breath weapon is only really dangerous within ten meters or so in its current form.}
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:47:52 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 25, 2015, 07:39:50 pm »

{Dum-de-dum, waiting for people to try actions that are physically possible...}

{Nothing wrong with what Fishnet did, aside from it being unlikely to do much, but I'd like to have more than one thing to combatdop.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 25, 2015, 09:04:52 pm »

((Seriously?  Do I have to godmod people into doing things for some reason?  Augh...Say, could the spell be a sleep spell?))
I (and Endlessblaze) continue channelling magic, until the circle is brimming with energy.
I then finalize the spell's target, the steel 20m drawgonhawk ("snake with wings") FB, and unleash the energy into a sleep spell "Now!" (And the soldiers hopefully use their scrolls, which are now always have been scrolls of Sleep), hopefully knocking it out for a good few days (as this thing obviously operates on a larger timescale), or maybe weeks if we're lucky.  At that point I hope to have a plan to deal with, and utilitize, the beast.
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 26, 2015, 04:27:39 am »

{The spell could, in fact, always have been a sleep spell. It will work even less well, though. By which I mean it doesn't sleep and is really powerful, so you'll basically introduce it to the concept of drowsiness for an hour or so, while it's still angry enough to kill you if you go near it.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #689 on: July 26, 2015, 11:05:53 am »

{i wont be arou7nd foe some times, so somebody can like include my character pls?}
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 262