Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 222428 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #690 on: July 26, 2015, 05:33:45 pm »

{You're currently building an elevator. Said elevator has line-of-sight to the caverns, where very bright destructive things are happening.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 26, 2015, 08:01:00 pm »

{You're currently building an elevator. Said elevator has line-of-sight to the caverns, where very bright destructive things are happening.}
He said won't...
/null
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 26, 2015, 08:01:57 pm »

{The spell could, in fact, always have been a sleep spell. It will work even less well, though. By which I mean it doesn't sleep and is really powerful, so you'll basically introduce it to the concept of drowsiness for an hour or so, while it's still angry enough to kill you if you go near it.}
((Sleep == attempt to KO in magical parlance))
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:04:21 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 26, 2015, 08:29:14 pm »

{Yesh. Making it drowsy is still the best you can expect.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 26, 2015, 08:47:42 pm »

{Yesh. Making it drowsy is still the best you can expect.}
((Hmm, could I make it permadrowsy...))
((Without side effects on the casters))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 26, 2015, 10:00:47 pm »

{Nope. Literally the best possible scenario here is to calm it down enough to let you get near it and try to tame it the hard way, and doing so will be exceedingly draining. I support you guys taming it, but try things other than brute force/magically influencing it, because it's stronger than you by far. Calming it long enough to convince it you're friends is a good idea though.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 27, 2015, 07:12:41 pm »

{Nope. Literally the best possible scenario here is to calm it down enough to let you get near it and try to tame it the hard way, and doing so will be exceedingly draining. I support you guys taming it, but try things other than brute force/magically influencing it, because it's stronger than you by far. Calming it long enough to convince it you're friends is a good idea though.}
((Could that be done in current conditions?  If so, then, well.))
>Magical calm magic of magic: Happen.  I guess.
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 27, 2015, 08:50:34 pm »

[Rrgble, writer's block/lack of inspiration/cumulative sleep deprivation. This post will become an updop, have no fear.]
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #698 on: July 28, 2015, 02:31:31 am »

He said won't...
/null

{yeah, i forgot. tell me when i finish it. i have good armour and a gun for reasons if any combat came my way}
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 28, 2015, 05:17:00 am »

{There's stuff happening in the caverns that you can investigate right now, and the elevator is being built with or without your input, it's just what I had you earmarked as doing for the time being.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 28, 2015, 07:02:37 pm »

{See, this kind of unnecessary delay is why I didn't have any interest in being a GM before. Blarg.}

[Please stand by]
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 28, 2015, 09:10:27 pm »

{See, this kind of unnecessary delay is why I didn't have any interest in being a GM before. Blarg.}

[Please stand by]
((Worst case scenario, just railroad the AFK people, or get the Delinquent Players thread in...))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 28, 2015, 11:57:38 pm »

{Actually, I meant myself just not posting an updop. I know what I mean to write, I just haven't done it. Dealing with annoying people is just part of the job, it's my own ineptitude I take issue with.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 29, 2015, 04:29:37 pm »

{Actually, I meant myself just not posting an updop. I know what I mean to write, I just haven't done it. Dealing with annoying people is just part of the job, it's my own ineptitude I take issue with.}
((...Any progress?))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 29, 2015, 07:41:54 pm »

{It's absurdly hot here today, so my computer- which inexplicably smells like cooked meat -can't actually function for more than five minutes at a time without overheating. That said, the cooling fan is almost shot, and it'll only take me five minutes to write this.}

{Wait, where did the editor go. Like the stuff for color and such. I don't see it.}

*Fiddles around for a solution*

what.

Well, no fonts for today, I guess.

Updop; Moved to next page
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 01:12:02 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 262