Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 222050 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #840 on: August 14, 2015, 01:18:44 pm »

((What, no "Team up with the people who blasted your army to bits to defeat That Other Guy"?))
(one, he is *spoilers go here later when i can format* and two, he deems the dwarves to be a worse threat at the moment, being closer to him than the Far East.

His plan is to build a sizable army and attack the dorfs to capture the masterminds behind the spell, and then with all the local mages available, march on the far east. On that note, he is still quite evil for the moment and definitely does not care if all the dorfs die. Heck, it is implied that villages that resist are slain and turned into undead draftees. If that is not dark and evil enough, nothing is.)
((Hmph.  Well, thanks for telling me your plans.))
"Dammit.  We need sizeable zombie defenses up, stat.  The necro's gonna march on us before going to Out East."
On that note, I quickly move to produce antipersonnel defenses.
(Oh come on! At least implement it in a way that implies it was news from the caravan!)
((Sorry, but due to certain backstory shenanigans, like the stuff that resulted in me posting here, playing the game, and existing IG all at the same time (repeated gameception across fora, games, and in-game games and fortresses, happy fun joytime), Amp explicitly said I can outright know the meta.  In key fortress-defense situations, like a necro invasion, or significant hints about Out East, I'm gonna use it.))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 01:23:44 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 14, 2015, 01:31:26 pm »

(Still, thats no reason to break immersion. Now do it!)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 14, 2015, 01:38:30 pm »

(Still, thats no reason to break immersion. Now do it!)
((It's not, because I'm still in-character, as MY CHARACTER CAN DO THIS.))
"Also, no, Dustan, I am not going to pretend that I can't see what you're saying, or 'I'm' saying, so don't bother insisting about immersion.  There is a Fourth Wall, but it's already broken.  Heck, I already went through a story fort on my way here.  Granted, it was timed ambiguously, but it happened and that fort is emphatically not in this universe.  We would know."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 14, 2015, 01:59:03 pm »

(Deleted for space)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 07:22:37 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 14, 2015, 02:01:11 pm »

((...I don't HAVE GM duty.))
((And yes, it IS a bad idea to know things without reason.  I have a reason.  And it essentially boils down to, I am literally ICly looking at this screen, and/or a DF game, that shows the events I am currently embroiled in.  And then crazy mind stuff.))
*sigh* "This is stupid."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 02:07:25 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 14, 2015, 02:16:54 pm »

Quote from: TheBiggerFish
((Sorry, but due to certain backstory shenanigans, like the stuff that resulted in me posting here, playing the game, and existing IG all at the same time (repeated gameception across fora, games, and in-game games and fortresses, happy fun joytime), Amp explicitly said I can outright know the meta.  In key fortress-defense situations,like a necro invasion, or significant hints about Out East, I'm gonna use it.))
(He says you are allowed to know the meta. Not use it icly. Anyone can know the meta.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 14, 2015, 02:20:23 pm »

((Sorry, but due to certain backstory shenanigans, like the stuff that resulted in me posting here, playing the game, and existing IG all at the same time (repeated gameception across fora, games, and in-game games and fortresses, happy fun joytime), Amp explicitly said I can outright know the meta.  In key fortress-defense situations,like a necro invasion, or significant hints about Out East, I'm gonna use it.))
(He says you are allowed to know the meta. Not use it icly. Anyone can know the meta.)
((*groan* Do I need to track down the dang quote for you, or what?  He meant IC.  There's NO reason I wouldn't be able to know the meta OOC.))
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 14, 2015, 02:23:44 pm »

((*groan* Do I need to track down the dang quote for you, or what?  He meant IC.  There's NO reason I wouldn't be able to know the meta OOC.))
(please, by all means. It will give me a reason to rag on amperzand if you do, and if it does not show up, youll have to go back and fix your crap.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 14, 2015, 02:45:58 pm »

((Go ahead and rag, but do, first, familiarize yourself with my backstory-of-how-I-got-here (a full backstory would take too long) while I hunt for the quote in my PMs.  Thought it was in-thread somewhere...))
Also, How I Got Here:
>Gameception in Minecraft so I can run DF without threat to the original me.
>Use DF Transportalizer to Spearbreakers.
>Get to Parasol, then hop to a particular different universe.  Upload consciousness, overriding clunky controls and incidentally making MC think I'm dead.
>Respawn on the server with fresh avatar.
>Using bodyjacked avatar:
>Use DF Transportalizer from inside current universe to get to Spearbreakers, and by that fort Parasol, again.
>Stock up on stuff.
>Grab a small portal device.  About one person's worth of portal, that self-transports.
>Visit a DF world that is linked to the same Minecraft server, grab supply drop.  Mostly potions and brewing materials.  I don't know how sustainable that will be, however.
>Use portal to open portal here.
>Pack up portal.  Place in cushioned carry-case.
>You know what happens next.  ((You don't, but basically, I arrive.))

Aha.  Found the proof in thread.
-Magic Talk Snip-
{Also, you don't even need meta-knowledge to be able to tell the drain's coming from the east. I'm now going to start spoilering things that count as metaknowledge, these are things you're supposed to know but not necessarily tell other people about.
Spoiler: FishNet Metaknowledge; (click to show/hide)
}
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 03:12:56 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #849 on: August 14, 2015, 03:29:21 pm »

I'm pretty sure we had another thread for useless rambling bitchy arguments wise and resourcefull debates using occ
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 14, 2015, 03:38:21 pm »

I'm pretty sure we had another thread for useless rambling bitchy arguments wise and resourcefull debates using occ
((Yup.  All of those.))
((*OOC))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 14, 2015, 04:03:24 pm »

Because I have not yet left, I would like to convey two things. One, the IC metaknowledge is, as of now and extending back to a while ago, limited to things specifically designated as such using labeled spoilers, like the one in your example, you do know a lot of the stuff we talked about {Rules, ETC} just by in-universe sensory data, but outright hearing opposing players' OOC speech is a no-no. See the rule on powergaming.

Two, a caravan will show up at the end of the three months, we can negotiate available supplies then. I am, however, willing to believe that a wandering tinker brought news of the necromancer's growing army, and that he sold you a rather small quantity of Nether Cap, which is, trust me, far more useful as a heat-management system than a power generator.

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 14, 2015, 04:17:13 pm »

Because I have not yet left, I would like to convey two things. One, the IC metaknowledge is, as of now and extending back to a while ago, limited to things specifically designated as such using labeled spoilers, like the one in your example, you do know a lot of the stuff we talked about {Rules, ETC} just by in-universe sensory data, but outright hearing opposing players' OOC speech is a no-no. See the rule on powergaming.

Two, a caravan will show up at the end of the three months, we can negotiate available supplies then. I am, however, willing to believe that a wandering tinker brought news of the necromancer's growing army, and that he sold you a rather small quantity of Nether Cap, which is, trust me, far more useful as a heat-management system than a power generator.
((Seems reasonable, although you never did say that when you first did.  So, I'm looking at the fortress view and/or Adventurer, but not necessarily Legends.  Although Legends only records things after the fact.  Wait, could I....))
==At The Computer==
I look into Legends mode, trying to find Out East.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:18:46 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 14, 2015, 04:26:22 pm »

You aren't at the computer, you, or at least the version of you that's here, is stuck on the ground with everyone else. Not really fort mode or adventurer, you have both more and less information than either.

Everyone, let's try to use the next three months in a fairly innocuous manner. I'll give you more time when I get back, if you need it, but I'd rather not have y'all getting into fights all the time.

Also, anti personnel weapons aren't in any kind of short supply. And contributions you make will be nice, but we've got what amounts to early-civil-war-era firearms everywhere, with some flukes.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 14, 2015, 04:29:04 pm »

((The version of me that ISN'T here is looking.))
((I was thinking landmines, weapon traps, magic traps...))
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 262