Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 220006 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #870 on: August 16, 2015, 02:27:49 pm »

(The other two methods, visualisation and indirect tracing respectively A:require a line of sight to the target or previous knowledge of the general target location and B: require a method of following a trail of energy back to its source without directly tapping into or making contact with it. Both methods are inaccurate at long range due to the fact that the target may be mobile, and thus not in the same spot that the spell was targeted.
 Breaking the connection between the eye and it's owner would end the spell.
Most spells for long distance action require being channeled due to the fact that energy does in fact radiate, and therefore must be compensated for with a steady stream of energy to the spell, which is why there is a trail still on the destroyed eye for the moment. Also, once again i am factoring in a long range latency penalty, because most spells are meant to be used over a short distance or area. Speaking of latency, i never said you did not hit the target, even though you cant see em)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 16, 2015, 02:58:45 pm »

(The other two methods, visualisation and indirect tracing respectively A:require a line of sight to the target or previous knowledge of the general target location and B: require a method of following a trail of energy back to its source without directly tapping into or making contact with it. Both methods are inaccurate at long range due to the fact that the target may be mobile, and thus not in the same spot that the spell was targeted.
 Breaking the connection between the eye and it's owner would end the spell.
Most spells for long distance action require being channeled due to the fact that energy does in fact radiate, and therefore must be compensated for with a steady stream of energy to the spell, which is why there is a trail still on the destroyed eye for the moment. Also, once again i am factoring in a long range latency penalty, because most spells are meant to be used over a short distance or area. Speaking of latency, i never said you did not hit the target, even though you cant see em)
((I don't have latency.  It's advanced blah shenanigans stuff though.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 19, 2015, 12:08:15 am »

{Sunburned, exhausted, and in slightly better shape, I return! I haven't read everything yet, but thought I should make this clear.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 19, 2015, 12:18:52 am »

{Sunburned, exhausted, and in slightly better shape, I return! I haven't read everything yet, but thought I should make this clear.}
((WB!))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 19, 2015, 12:58:44 am »

{It's good to be back! I see you guys got too busy with that argument to actually use your three monthturns, kek.}

{Have read stuff, not going to negotiate it all with you until the morrow, but y'all got a number of things wrong in your assumptions.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #875 on: August 19, 2015, 03:00:32 am »

{I pretty much avoided saying anything until you came back to resolve this.}
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #876 on: August 19, 2015, 04:35:34 am »

Well, basically, while you are messing about in the caverns, I think I will get around to messing with machinery. Again.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 19, 2015, 10:13:21 am »

{The cavern thing is mostly done, Gwolf. We'll keep working with the 'Wyrm, but not as a forced-stop timehalt.}

{I apologize for my disappearance.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 19, 2015, 07:35:31 pm »

{Okay, so again I made this response here and copypasta'd it to the OOC thread.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 19, 2015, 08:38:33 pm »

{It's good to be back! I see you guys got too busy with that argument to actually use your three monthturns, kek.}

{Have read stuff, not going to negotiate it all with you until the morrow, but y'all got a number of things wrong in your assumptions.}
(Monthturn 1 was used to start making a undead army and conquer surrounding regions for a living one, followed by turn 2 being the attempt to probe with eyezeds to determine fortress strength. Next up will probably be something quite spoiler worthy, concidering.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 19, 2015, 08:54:28 pm »

Aright. You still don't get to attack until monthturn 4, though. This goes both ways, Net.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 19, 2015, 09:31:52 pm »

((KK.))
((Well, I don't actually have a darn clue what to do.  Other than make more siphons/purifiers to drain and clean necro magic.))
((I assume the eyezed can be pushed back.))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:40:43 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 19, 2015, 09:58:35 pm »

(Eyezed is basically a repel/capture situation, with either being rather easy to do. Alternatively, you could start working on a way to nullify incomming spells, like a shield. May not work on already raised undead, but it could prevent secondary raisings in it by magic or block a fireball or two from magic, if amperzand agrees.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 19, 2015, 10:02:08 pm »

((What, like a projected Drain Magic that's keyed to a spell type?  That's kind of what I'm already doing.))
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 19, 2015, 11:03:18 pm »

(No, more like a geothaumic void generator. It would absorb any energy being pushed to the spell, and a little of the spell itself, causing it to "fall short" as it runs out of energy mid travel. It would mean they"d either have to create self sustaining spells akin to those in the undead currently, or pass through the field at a cost of their energy being forced out of them briefly while they pass through the field, delaying them from casting if they try to get inside of it.)
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 262