Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: XCOM: Long War - Beta 15 Campaign  (Read 54153 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Long War - Beta 15 Campaign
« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2015, 01:00:15 pm »

Voting for UFO analysis unless Xenoneurology can provide more of a lasting benefit given the...linear way research goes (one at a time)

If we want to buff the air game, we go Advanced Lasers for laser cannons.  The analysis can wait until we have the research base to knock them off in two days or less.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2015, 09:11:41 pm »

Voting for UFO analysis unless Xenoneurology can provide more of a lasting benefit given the...linear way research goes (one at a time)

If we want to buff the air game, we go Advanced Lasers for laser cannons.  The analysis can wait until we have the research base to knock them off in two days or less.
...I totally forgot that we don't have munitions which turn the tide in that ratio. Thanks Toaster! :)

Swap my voting back to Xenoneurology

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2015, 10:35:22 am »

We still need the containment, and we'll have to get the autopsies done before we can get the interrogations, but once we have a decent capture economy going we'll have a nice stream of rewards coming on; those scientists will really kick our research into gear; not to mention research credits.

Also, once we capture a Muton we can get Alien Grenades.

Note:  We don't need a containment for the above.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2015, 03:18:46 pm »

Can I be put in as a High Defense, High Health Male Gunner?
I want to be MECH'd later as the ULTIMATE mobile cover.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2015, 03:24:42 pm »

Sure, check the OP. That barracks has all the available soldiers, just pick a rookie without a name. I have Commander's Choice enabled so I can give you a gunner no problem.

Also, it helps if you put in a request using the signup sheet format. Makes it easier when I'm customizing the character.

-------

I have an update for everyone played and screenshotted. Should be up tonight. Just need to finish doing the write-up. We got to do Portent. Yay!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 26, 2015, 03:48:36 pm »

"This time I got Toaster killed.  Woo!"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2015, 03:54:51 pm »

At least my own character, Giselle Krauss is in the medbay and can't be hurt in there!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2015, 09:15:13 pm »

"This time I got Toaster killed.  Woo!"
You made my day. XD
Would be funnier if Meph actually did this but he's awesome. But it somehow still made me laugh. :P

Thels

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 28, 2015, 02:18:49 am »

You know you need more Assaults! Mind if I claim this soldier and make her one?

FPrivateIranHighLow3Very HighMediumAlive
Spoiler: Signup sheet (click to show/hide)
Her health is a bit low for an Assault, but the Mobility is awesome. I hope she survives.

EDIT: Actually, since she has high Accuracy, could just give her an Assault/Laser Rifle until she has Close Encounters, which allows her to move in, shoot, and get out more safely.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 08:29:15 am by Thels »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 28, 2015, 04:00:24 pm »

You could go for a longer-ranged rifle flanker assault with Hit and Run.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Thels

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 28, 2015, 06:33:19 pm »

Maaaybe, but I like my assaults up close and personal.

Hmm, that said, with her higher aim, that could be more beneficial.

Do we have two decent Covert Operatives right now? Else it could be worthwhile to pick up Steadfast and Hit & Run instead of CCS and CE, and focus on that. It would still make her a decent pop in, shoot, pop out character, though she'd be nearly useless against flying targets...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 28, 2015, 09:04:35 pm »

After some discussion, we settle upon Xenoneurology. The sooner we start capturing aliens the sooner we can learn more about them.

Brazil wants meld. While I am loathe to part with any of it, I eventually decide that the deal is good enough. We need scientists more at the moment.

A request from the council...

Oh. Hello, Portent. We're doing this now, are we? Well...I know what we'll find out there, but might as well go pick up the pieces. Can't let the aliens have free run.

I make a few executive decisions regarding some promotions. I want only our experienced troops on this one.

I have Kaos gear up the squad and get under way.

Spoiler: Operation Broken Fear (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Soldiers (click to show/hide)

@Thels: We have 0 Assault Corporals at this point. Heck, we just now got more than one Corporal period.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 28, 2015, 11:47:24 pm »

Okay, guys, I know I'm the biggest target in the squad but what the hell.....?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
     Shredder, I choose you!
     And over a month of hospital food - I'm gonna be an angry trooper when I get back on active duty.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Thels

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2015, 03:46:43 am »

@Thels: We have 0 Assault Corporals at this point. Heck, we just now got more than one Corporal period.

Well, I'm going with this character regardless (updated a bit from the previous post):

FPrivateIranHighLow3Very HighMediumAlive
Spoiler: Signup sheet (click to show/hide)

I'm torn between taking Steadfast and Hit and Run, and sticking to Assault Rifles due to her low health, or going for the up close and personal CCS and CE, and switching to Shotguns at that point. On the other hand, as an Assault, she should get decent health upgrades, and she's currently like what, 1 hp under average?

What builds are Sheb McSheb and Jim Groovester currenty going for?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 03:54:43 am by Thels »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2015, 08:30:31 am »

IMO, Steadfast is pretty underwhelming if you're not psi, and if you have low will already it's not going to help enough.

CCS/CE are pretty stellar perks, and if you have the mobility to abuse CE, it's a near-Hit and Run.  Just grab Extra Conditioning at the end to shore up your HP pool and you'll be good to go.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16