Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: XCOM: Long War - Beta 15 Campaign  (Read 54351 times)

Thels

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Long War - Beta 15 Campaign
« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2015, 08:37:26 am »

It depends on if there's a good covert operative already. If there is, then she's better off with CSS+CE and gearing up for close combat shotgun duty.

If there's not, then her mobility could make her a good candidate. Steadfast can be very important for not panicking at the right moment, to hack those arrays, whereas CCS is actually a liability, as you can't turn it off mid-mission, and when you're out of ammo, you can't Run & Gun to hack the next array. CCS also doesn't synergize all that well with Hit & Run, making Steadfast the superior choice.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2015, 01:31:56 pm »

Steadfast is also nice because when you get hit by reaction fire there's no chance of panicking when you reach your target.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2015, 03:55:27 pm »

Are we going for psionics? If we are, I'm thinking of going for will to survive for the Will bonus because my character's will would be pretty high. If not, I'll take an offensive perk but I'm not sure which yet.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 29, 2015, 04:14:27 pm »

Okay, guys, I know I'm the biggest target in the squad but what the hell.....?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They aren't all standing at the same distance from the camera. Look at the feet and you'll notice that it's a wedge formation, your guy is really the same size as the other guy on the right.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 29, 2015, 04:17:13 pm »

Are we going for psionics? If we are, I'm thinking of going for will to survive for the Will bonus because my character's will would be pretty high. If not, I'll take an offensive perk but I'm not sure which yet.

I plan on using all of the available tools, yes. Which soldiers get what depends on what the player wants. (Psi, Mech, Genetics, etc)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2015, 08:34:32 pm »

Okay, guys, I know I'm the biggest target in the squad but what the hell.....?
They aren't all standing at the same distance from the camera. Look at the feet and you'll notice that it's a wedge formation, your guy is really the same size as the other guy on the right.

Ahem.....Perspective can go fuck itself, Escher style.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 30, 2015, 01:41:26 pm »

I plan on using all of the available tools, yes. Which soldiers get what depends on what the player wants. (Psi, Mech, Genetics, etc)
Alright, then I will go with Will to Survive. A psi infantry might be a little odd, but there are some psi abilities that might be very useful at certain times, like when I'm out of ammo but need to contribute to the squad, or when I've moved up and can't shoot twice.

It also makes me harder to kill, which I love.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 01, 2015, 11:38:39 am »

Alright, then I will go with Will to Survive. A psi infantry might be a little odd, but there are some psi abilities that might be very useful at certain times, like when I'm out of ammo but need to contribute to the squad, or when I've moved up and can't shoot twice.

It also makes me harder to kill, which I love.
Also If you take Regen Biofield it can synergize well with my planned Mobile Cover Goliath

Speaking of which:

Also scratch my previous order for a high defense/health guy, MECing erases that stuff, go high will because that is apparently unaffected,

Spoiler: Perk Progression (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 12:02:21 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 01, 2015, 05:38:16 pm »

Some soldier updates

And with our stocks of alloys a little replenished I order some more laser weapons built. Shen also informs me that the first batch is ready for field use.

A few days pass and the Council presents us with their report on our progress. Pretty good so far, I'd say. But things haven't started to get really nasty, yet.

Oh, hello. Shoot that thing down, we need more alloys!

A landing! Even better!

Villiams, get a squad ready. Time to snag ourselves some alien tech.

Spoiler: Operation Hidden Crown (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Soldiers (click to show/hide)

As an unfortunate note after that fight our only Laser Rifle is damaged beyond use. Shen informs me we'll need to set up a specialized Repair Bay to get it back up and working again. Seems odd that the Workshop can't do that but...we start working towards building one. We need those weapons!

We also get a Fission Generator building to provide the necessary power for the new facility.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 01, 2015, 07:03:38 pm »

Let's get some Shredder Ammo on "Diesel" Krauss. I'd suggest a better nickname, but it makes me smile. Therefore, it is a good nickname. Anyways, I'm certain that the only reason she panicked was because she didn't want to go back to the medbay. Nobody likes the medbay. NO ONE.

Continue to visit Villiams. Bring the checkers board and the head of a sectoid stolen from the scientists to cheer her spirits.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 01, 2015, 10:01:36 pm »

Seeing this reminds me of this classic picture, and how it needs to be updated to include the laser rifle being broken as well.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 01, 2015, 10:12:28 pm »

Team Coma lives again!!! I even managed to get a rifle into the hospital.

Opportunist for Villiams.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2015, 02:23:11 am »

Note on Heat Ammo, but it does trigger and do full damage on anything that does damage with your gun. This means that, for example, flush shots that would normally only do 1 damage in exchange for their ~90% hit chance still do like 5 damage to mechanical units (this is even better if you pick up danger zone and mayhem, since your suppression becomes a 6 damage guaranteed hit AoE on all mechanical units in it). It also pierces all armor, meaning it's great for bursting mechtoid shield bubbles.

Of course shredder is definitely much more helpful early, but if any later gunners feel like building for the long game it's definitely something to keep in mind.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 05, 2015, 06:26:21 pm »

Note on Heat Ammo, but it does trigger and do full damage on anything that does damage with your gun. This means that, for example, flush shots that would normally only do 1 damage in exchange for their ~90% hit chance still do like 5 damage to mechanical units (this is even better if you pick up danger zone and mayhem, since your suppression becomes a 6 damage guaranteed hit AoE on all mechanical units in it). It also pierces all armor, meaning it's great for bursting mechtoid shield bubbles.

Of course shredder is definitely much more helpful early, but if any later gunners feel like building for the long game it's definitely something to keep in mind.
But then you can't bullet wizard! That build gives you a guaranteed hit AoE that makes all subsequent shots on those units stronger and more likely to hit!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 06, 2015, 04:05:48 pm »

If you're not going bullet wizard (and HEAT gunners are great when the Cyberdisks come around) then Flush + HEAT is a super useful combo for offing Seekers.

Also, Sapper Sapper Sapper Sapper Sapper Sapper Sapper
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16