Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: XCOM: Long War - Beta 15 Campaign  (Read 54442 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Long War - Beta 15 Campaign
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2015, 06:42:21 pm »

Rickenbacker is our first Corporal!

Speaking of digging and the OTS: We have enough money and power to do at least one construction project if we wish. But, what? Where do we want to expand to and what do we want to focus on? We could do OTS on the far right, and Alien containment below that. Or we could add an access lift down and build a Foundry on the 3rd level, right side. That might require another power station, though, which we could add to the column on the left.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2015, 06:44:38 pm »

Well, we've got Flush and Holotargeting gunners, so let's use that 74 accuracy for a suppression build.  Finish the set with Covering Fire.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2015, 08:55:26 pm »

OTS in top right corner.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 18, 2015, 09:27:21 pm »

OTS in top right corner.

Yeah, let's do this. Gotta get Squad Size I going. If you're in b15e gotta get the Command perk going too.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2015, 02:36:26 pm »

Gimme Ranger. Hunkering down doesn't really suit Bruciare, and while the HEAT Warheads are certainly tempting, Ranger gives +1 damage to everything, including rockets, so that's a nice little boost.

Atomic Emu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2015, 01:38:05 pm »

I think Damn Good Ground is the best for me.
And you gaze up at the sky
As the clouds are passing by
And you wonder for a while
What it would be like to die

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2015, 07:01:32 pm »

A few soldier updates

After a bit of thinking, I've decided to go ahead and get the Officer Training School going. Larger squad sizes will be incredibly helpful and having a good core group of officers should make the troops more effective all around.

The next two days pass uneventfully and Vahlen informs me that we've completed our initial research into the Alien Materials. Time to figure out where we're going to focus our efforts next.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2015, 07:05:03 pm »

I'd say experimental warfare, working on the next tier of weapons early is very helpful later.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2015, 07:12:03 pm »

Xenoneuro or Improved Body Armor are the only real choices here.  Them plus Advanced Body Armor/Beam Lasers should be our next four techs.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2015, 08:43:54 pm »

Xenoneurology.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 22, 2015, 10:21:11 pm »

In b15 doesn't UFO analysis provide extra resources for crash recovery? If that's the case I would say go with that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2015, 10:39:09 pm »

Xenoneurology.
This; unless we don't have the containment chamber present yet :-\ (if we do, this is where my vote lands).

In b15 doesn't UFO analysis provide extra resources for crash recovery? If that's the case I would say go with that.
From what I know, it modifies it to have a somewhat moderate %+ bonus to the recovery, but it...pays back in the long-run more than the short-run. {Though, UFO analysis does give our fighters somewhat of an advantage, too, and that -one- missle hit does make a difference between a splash, a crash, or your fighter being knocked out for good}.
I'm ambivalent towards this, but I do know UFO Analysis is quite much among the 'shortest research time projects' list.
Voting for UFO analysis unless Xenoneurology can provide more of a lasting benefit given the...linear way research goes (one at a time)

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 23, 2015, 03:19:06 am »

Let's go with Xenoneurology and see how the aliens like electricity.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 23, 2015, 04:07:31 am »

Sign me up for team Foreign Brains. Stunning can be useful on occasion, it can offer better odds than weapons with unreliable damage, and interrogations are always fun...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2015, 05:05:02 am »

Let's hack out alium brains with a spoon and study that grey matter.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16