Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Draconic Creatures Mod: Taking Community Suggestions  (Read 8522 times)

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: Draconic Creatures Mod: Taking Community Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 08:12:07 am »

You should definitely have venomous dragons.  A lot of medieval dragons are described as poisonous rather than fire breathing.  When Sigurd slayed Fafnir, he was advised to dig holes in the ground so that the creature's poisonous blood would drain out and not kill him afterwards.  After cooking Fafnir's meat, the vapors gave Sigurd the understanding of bird language and the birds told him to slay his friend and Fafnir's brother, Regin, which sounds like it's some kind of strong hallucinogen. 

The Gargouille - A dragon-like creature that spouts water instead of fire, causing flooding.  That would be genuinely interesting if you can make it happen in DF. 
The Tarasque - A dragon-like creature that resembles a lion and a turtle (sometimes an ankylosaur). 
The Amphisbaena - A snake or dragon with a head on its tail. 

I've also heard of dragons that shoot lightning, and dragons that breath steam.  Some dragons can shape-shift into human forms.  I've always liked human-dragon hybrids like the Ogresaur and Dracosapien

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dragons_in_mythology_and_folklore
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 12:42:16 pm »

The two-headed dragon idea will be implemented as part of the grave drake.  Additionally, the Tarasque will likely be implemented.  The Garrgouille will require DFHack, meaning that I'm not going to deal with it right now until I get the first release out (which likely won't contain the Grave Drake or Tarasque either, just because those will be a little more difficult to mod).

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2015, 01:47:58 pm »

well I know the landwyrms work as intended... one went apeshit on my dwarves and slaughtered four of the starting seven as well as both dogs.  The wyverns just hung out, but flying creatures generally aren't agressive anyway.  I may give them prone-to-rage just to make them do something.
I figured out what was wrong with the wyverns: they weren't messing shit up because I misspelled the buildingdestroyer tag in their raws.  On the other hand, I know that their large_predator works as intended because in the intro text to that fortress it said "ere the wyverns get hungry"

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 02:26:45 pm »

First release is now availible on the release thread.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 05:08:58 pm »

A heartily-hostile handshake, sir. I made my Draconic Soul mod, which involves a humanoid dragon race, and quite a few dragons. I'll try yours out, and I also made a dragon-enhanced steel, Burning Steel, which is a midway between divine metals and steel. Hope to see more updates from you, and I'll be updating my own Draconic Soul mod too. Don't want to be outdone.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 05:15:33 pm »

A heartily-hostile handshake, sir. I made my Draconic Soul mod, which involves a humanoid dragon race, and quite a few dragons. I'll try yours out, and I also made a dragon-enhanced steel, Burning Steel, which is a midway between divine metals and steel. Hope to see more updates from you, and I'll be updating my own Draconic Soul mod too. Don't want to be outdone.

Looks like we now have 3 dragon mods running around now.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 09:14:08 am »

Hehehe oh it's on. :P

Anyway, the current version has a very minor bug where forest dragons appear in all land biomes right now, easy to fix in the raws, I'll release a fixed version when I get home from school.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2015, 05:53:33 pm »

Idea: once we've all gotten to a spot of complacency with out dragon mods, why not have a little competition? Get a weird number of people to try all three, see which they enjoy the most.

___________________________________________________________________________________

In other news, I've added two new dragons to my mod. So that makes the dragon civ, plus seven new dragon types. Plus Burning Steel.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Another idea: a collaborative dragon mod, adding in everything we have together.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2015, 07:04:24 pm »

Hey 4mask, may want to use dffd in the future.  Most mods tend to use it, so anyone browsing it could come across yours that way instead of just the forum thread.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 08:22:54 pm »

Hey 4mask, may want to use dffd in the future.  Most mods tend to use it, so anyone browsing it could come across yours that way instead of just the forum thread.
Yeah I know, I would if I could, there are... difficulties doing that right now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2015, 09:56:09 am »

Another idea: a collaborative dragon mod, adding in everything we have together.
Hmm...

Zanzet, what do you say to this.  We would keep our own separate mods, but also work on a fusion mod for if people want to have all of the things at once, as I'm sure there are some clashes within the individual mods and we'd need to homogenize the systems a little bit.  If you don't want to, that's cool, it's just an interesting idea.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2015, 10:14:42 am »

I for one would love a huge dragon mod.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2015, 11:34:01 am »

Hmm...

Zanzet, what do you say to this.  We would keep our own separate mods, but also work on a fusion mod for if people want to have all of the things at once, as I'm sure there are some clashes within the individual mods and we'd need to homogenize the systems a little bit.  If you don't want to, that's cool, it's just an interesting idea.

If I can get the PyLNP UI modified to be more suiting (pretty much just a graphics replacement), then we can use its mod merge function to create a modular system.

Sefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2015, 04:21:52 pm »

When you figure out how to do the Gargouille -- what about a bigger, meaner version that spits lava instead of water?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2015, 12:15:36 am »

Hmm...

If I can get the PyLNP UI modified to be more suiting (pretty much just a graphics replacement), then we can use its mod merge function to create a modular system.

If this is a thing, may I participate? I still have the old raws for the draconic beasts mod floating around. A couple things I don't see on your list are included in it, and I also made the frost wyrm already, if you just wanted to copy that, although the breath weapon needs to be changed to something that isn't 100% lethal to everything ever. (It's a liquid that is always at dangerous sub-zero temperatures, so anything it coats that has any vulnerability to cold damage will be destroyed in just a few turns.)
I've just been focusing on other things right now, and ran out of inspiration...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 [2] 3