Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Draconic Creatures Mod: Taking Community Suggestions  (Read 8537 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Draconic Creatures Mod: Taking Community Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2015, 01:05:20 am »

If this is a thing, may I participate? I still have the old raws for the draconic beasts mod floating around. A couple things I don't see on your list are included in it, and I also made the frost wyrm already, if you just wanted to copy that, although the breath weapon needs to be changed to something that isn't 100% lethal to everything ever. (It's a liquid that is always at dangerous sub-zero temperatures, so anything it coats that has any vulnerability to cold damage will be destroyed in just a few turns.)
I've just been focusing on other things right now, and ran out of inspiration...

Do you have experience with python?  Not trying to be facetious, I've just been running into every brick wall in the dark trying to change the few things I want to and getting someone with experience might be helpful.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2015, 08:54:17 am »

If this is a thing, may I participate? I still have the old raws for the draconic beasts mod floating around. A couple things I don't see on your list are included in it, and I also made the frost wyrm already, if you just wanted to copy that, although the breath weapon needs to be changed to something that isn't 100% lethal to everything ever. (It's a liquid that is always at dangerous sub-zero temperatures, so anything it coats that has any vulnerability to cold damage will be destroyed in just a few turns.)
I've just been focusing on other things right now, and ran out of inspiration...

Do you have experience with python?  Not trying to be facetious, I've just been running into every brick wall in the dark trying to change the few things I want to and getting someone with experience might be helpful.
I have a very small amount of experience with python, but probably not the level you're looking for.  I'm much more proficient with C++ and Java.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2015, 12:17:58 pm »

None whatsoever, sorry :/
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 07:44:18 pm »

None whatsoever, sorry :/

I have a very small amount of experience with python, but probably not the level you're looking for.  I'm much more proficient with C++ and Java.

Ah well.  Decided to launch the newest version with the basic PyLNP rather than the attempt to customize it I had been trying.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2015, 09:56:44 am »

For the 0 of you who still follow the mod:  I haven't dropped the project, don't worry.  Life happened and has screwed me out of working on it for quite a while, and likely will continue to screw me out of it for the near future.  I will work on it when I can and get back to you.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2015, 09:23:47 pm »

The two-headed dragon idea will be implemented as part of the grave drake.  Additionally, the Tarasque will likely be implemented.  The Garrgouille will require DFHack, meaning that I'm not going to deal with it right now until I get the first release out (which likely won't contain the Grave Drake or Tarasque either, just because those will be a little more difficult to mod).

I've sometimes thought that if the description of the Amphisbaena were of a true biological, it would probably be referring to a false-head, like a centipede's, or a pincer or thagomizer mounted on the tail.  Maybe something to work with there. 

Does the Gargouille really need DFHack?  I think you can just specify what material the breath attack should use and make it water.  I think it's [MATERIAL:WATER:BREATH_ATTACK] though the syntax may be off.  MATERIAL can be any of the material tokens, AMBER, CORAL, GLASS_GREEN, GLASS_CLEAR, GLASS_CRYSTAL, WATER, COAL, POTASH, ASH, PEARLASH, LYE, MUD, VOMIT, SALT, FILTH_B, FILTH_Y, UNKNOWN_SUBSTANCE, GRIME.  And of course,  INORGANIC   Magma when specified with subtype NONE or NO_MATGLOSS, otherwise a user-defined inorganic material.  Which does bring up the totally gnarly idea of a dragon that "breaths" VOMIT.  Frat Dragon.  Ash, glass and rocks would also be interesting.  There's also the beautiful UNDIRECTED_ITEM_CLOUD:ANVIL. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2015, 02:29:59 am »

Sadly undirected item cloud wouldn't be a very effective breath weapon. I mean, the floor would be coated with pools of iron anvils deeper than the Marianas trench, but they won't actually do anything.

I like the idea of the grave drake having a second head at the opposite end of the body. Give it two separate breath attacks, one for each head. Necrotic venom from the fangs of the true head, pain inducing spores from the tail.

Hmm, maybe that would be a little too much Fun...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2015, 10:39:44 am »

Who says the anvil dragon has to be a deadly dragon?  It can be a divine blessing from Armok himself. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2015, 03:36:59 pm »

A dragon that breathes vomit...a permanently hungover dragon. This is DF's "Oh God of Hangovers". Best idea ever.

Also, while dragons with polycephaly are common, what about a dragon with multiple bodies? In real life, you could imagine it folding its other bodies around to act almost like giant claws, allowing it to slap creatures with its tails while breathing fire at them simultaneously.

The anvil dragon sounds definitely like a blessing of Armok, but more in a "Spontaneous Loony Toons" killing method sort of way. Pools of items are boring in my experience. I once gave dragons the ability to breath sawblades. That was one of the least interesting RAW experiments I've ever done.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:39:29 pm by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2015, 05:40:32 pm »

Also, while dragons with polycephaly are common, what about a dragon with multiple bodies? In real life, you could imagine it folding its other bodies around to act almost like giant claws, allowing it to slap creatures with its tails while breathing fire at them simultaneously.

That is terrifying.

How about just, like, a centipede dragon with three prehensile tails?
I make Spellcrafts!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2015, 07:41:59 pm »

So.

My apologies to the, like, two of you who actually have this mod, but I have been unable to update this for quite some time and will be unable to do so for the forseeable future.

My apologies again.
Pages: 1 2 [3]