Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 794623 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4935 on: December 03, 2017, 12:25:40 pm »

I bought Project Zomboid ages ago and only installed it for the first time now. Funny how it goes, playing it for a couple of hours made me quite and start Cataclysm instead. The reason is simply UI. Despite Cataclysm lacking graphics, things like reading books, looting containers and building stuff is just so much easier in it UI-wise. It seems that the older I get the less interest I have in wasting time with clumsy UI.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: December 03, 2017, 02:49:49 pm »

I bought Project Zomboid ages ago and only installed it for the first time now. Funny how it goes, playing it for a couple of hours made me quite and start Cataclysm instead. The reason is simply UI. Despite Cataclysm lacking graphics, things like reading books, looting containers and building stuff is just so much easier in it UI-wise. It seems that the older I get the less interest I have in wasting time with clumsy UI.

Yeah, ditto for me in regards to bad UI's.  Which is why I stopped playing Dwarf Fortress... I am still waiting for Toady to abstract the interface to make it easier for third party tools.  Despite that, it looks like the tools people have been using are getting better, so maybe I can jump back in again.  I am hoping that he goes back to the Eternal Voting since doing that is near the top.  Bleh.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: December 03, 2017, 11:22:53 pm »

I've played both Zomboid and Cataclysm, and I have always liked cataclysm more mostly because there is more things to do and zomboid has always felt kind of lacking when it comes to thing you can do and places to go.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: December 05, 2017, 04:04:58 am »

I got zombiod. Uh. Couldnt figure out how to bash a zombie with a melee weapon. Kept pushing them, and sometime knocking them down.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: December 06, 2017, 11:47:56 pm »

Zomboid freaks me out.  I'm not really sure why, I guess I'm just a wuss.  From what I've seen though, which is admittedly very little, Zomboid is the only zombie game currently out right now that could potentially fulfill my dreams of allowing for a rooftop safe haven where the undead can't get you because they can't climb.  I really need to check it out.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: December 07, 2017, 12:02:16 am »

Zomboid is the only zombie game currently out right now that could potentially fulfill my dreams of allowing for a rooftop safe haven where the undead can't get you because they can't climb.  I really need to check it out.
You can do this but they recently changed it to were the zombies can tear down the ropes that you can use to get in to your house and make it to were you can't get back in. Ladders don't exist yet so they aren't an option yet.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: December 20, 2017, 02:18:10 pm »

Apparently the higher your strength stat the louder you yell, I learned this while I was playing around with debug and I had my strength stat really high, I yelled so loud that I deafened myself. Tested it a bit more to be sure. Fairly amusing.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: December 20, 2017, 04:58:11 pm »

Apparently the higher your strength stat the louder you yell, I learned this while I was playing around with debug and I had my strength stat really high, I yelled so loud that I deafened myself. Tested it a bit more to be sure. Fairly amusing.
DF like feature? Thats quite funny.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: January 15, 2018, 04:23:04 am »

I think this is the longest I've ever seen quiet on the Cataclysm thread.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: January 15, 2018, 06:00:39 am »

I think this is the longest I've ever seen quiet on the Cataclysm thread.

I wonder if people were turned off by the development drama. I wasn't a fan of a few changes long before the fork thing happened, but I don't like the sound of things from the past year or so, so I've been waiting to see how the project ends up.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: January 15, 2018, 06:38:21 am »

I wonder if people were turned off by the development drama.
I know I am, I've actually thought of contributing to the game but every time I start looking at doing it, there's some drama that flares up and turns me away from even trying. I'm not sure why this game attracts so much drama.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: January 15, 2018, 12:33:27 pm »

It's also why I'd ended up not staying on the CDDA discord server. It's rather active, but things get heated on occasion. Back when I was on it, there was some salt due to one of the more controversial developers having joined in, when the attitude of many people there had been against some of the the people there.

Then the two of us got into an argument over something rather inane, we both handled it with our usual (mutual lack of) maturity, and it spilled over until Darkling himself (a former dev that'd been around as long as Kevin) quit the server.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: January 16, 2018, 02:17:24 am »

What was the outcome on the handguns accuracy, are they still broken?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: January 16, 2018, 01:42:26 pm »

It's been a long time i have not tried it, so after quickly checking that discourse thingy that replaced their board, i found this interesting thread about having world size limits, sounds like a very interesting option.
https://discourse.cataclysmdda.org/t/limited-world-size/14616

There are builds for those wanting to test , though 64bits only :
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/22718

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: January 16, 2018, 07:16:03 pm »

What have been the notable features added to experimentals lately anyways?
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 451