Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 793587 times)

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4950 on: January 17, 2018, 10:32:55 pm »

I feel like starting a character again, but I have no idea how I should build a character in the current experimental (and I never played the game enough before where I didn't need a starting guide to remember some things). Any recommendations?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: January 18, 2018, 12:06:25 am »

My favorite build is the Dapper build. Basic concept is that you take the Stylish[And, optionally, Pretty] trait and then only wear clothing that is at least "fancy" or more. The otaku, maid/butler, bride/groom and ballroom dancer backgrounds all start with some fairly fancy clothes and have other useful skills/equipment to boot. I usually found getting Krav Maga or Karate to be a pretty worthwhile offensive option and that a single point in dodging at char gen made a big difference between getting dunked five feet from your starting location and actually being able to kill things safely. Aside from that, most movement enhancing traits and Night Vision are still good. I'm partial to Robust Genetics and Fast Healer, but they're probably not optimal.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: January 18, 2018, 07:12:12 pm »

nv still op.

fast healer is good but by no means op.

stylish is arguably op, as is spiritual.  and gourmand.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: January 18, 2018, 09:16:19 pm »

I usually run with Infection Resistant and Fast Reader. Those are really focused on early game when you're building skills and surviving melee combat, respectively, because once you get into midgame and start getting into exciting stuff like confidently walking around town, it's more about weapons, decent armor and having above no skill in their type, rather then the gains of specific perks.
But I might just be bitter about ending half my runs quickly because I get an an infection trying to work my way into town.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: January 19, 2018, 11:19:00 am »

Personally I haven't downloaded any version of this since before the split, and I am probably not going to download either of the new versions, because I am not sure which one to download.
Love, scriver~

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: January 19, 2018, 12:08:33 pm »

Personally I haven't downloaded any version of this since before the split, and I am probably not going to download either of the new versions, because I am not sure which one to download.

I'd say wait until Coolthulhu's patch has been updated, then pick and choose whichever.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: January 19, 2018, 12:11:25 pm »

Split? THere are two seperate branches now?
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: January 19, 2018, 08:37:02 pm »

Is the fork this one ?
https://github.com/cataclysmbnteam/Cataclysm-BN/releases

From what i read on that github project, the changes of this fork are (it was from the end of august from last year, and i have no idea how much the main CDDA branch evolved since then or if those fork changes are now part of the main CDDA too)
    Make ranged math normal again
    Fix broken, mending, limbs re-breaking on non-damaging hits
    Fix jacks not working at range
    Add mod that disables painkiller requirements for CBMs (by BrettDong)
    Fix vehicle cache debugmsg spam
    Buff UPS charger (drop the 10x cost multiplier to 2x), allow setting multiplier in json
    Fix zlaves and pets not following
    Add stripped-down version of tungn's No Silly Items mod. Unlike the full version, it doesn't blacklist any guns, as most of those are covered by No Fictional Weapons mod.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: January 20, 2018, 03:17:32 pm »

Most of those are in the main branch experimental now, though I can't speak to the rebalances. What advantage does Coolthulhu's branch even have over the main one?

Also, does anyone know if I can give my companions mutagen/serum? I'm approaching the late-game and want a project. I already got myself over the threshhold and I'm in a position to make more mutagen (triffids, a giant zombie infested city, and a blob crater are all relatively close by but I've completely subjugated the medium-sized island I've been living off of) but it's a lot of work for something that I'm not sure is even possible.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: January 21, 2018, 05:34:56 am »

split??
link for all the branch please...

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

anexiledone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: January 21, 2018, 02:43:43 pm »

Most of those are in the main branch experimental now, though I can't speak to the rebalances. What advantage does Coolthulhu's branch even have over the main one?

Also, does anyone know if I can give my companions mutagen/serum? I'm approaching the late-game and want a project. I already got myself over the threshhold and I'm in a position to make more mutagen (triffids, a giant zombie infested city, and a blob crater are all relatively close by but I've completely subjugated the medium-sized island I've been living off of) but it's a lot of work for something that I'm not sure is even possible.

The only real worthy change to me is fixing the ranged weapon issue.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: January 21, 2018, 08:27:44 pm »

What's up with ranged weapons now?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: January 22, 2018, 01:58:49 am »

Whad' they bugger up this time?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

anexiledone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: January 26, 2018, 12:42:13 pm »

What's up with ranged weapons now?

All weapons have a minimum dispersion of 45 now. Basically guns becomes exponentially useless after short range
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 451