Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 793085 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4995 on: January 30, 2018, 07:09:21 pm »

The whole point of the game was to set your own level of challenge. If you want hardmode, take that bad day start where you're naked and infected in a burning building so you can just die on the first day and be proud of your accomplishments in skill. If you don't want to use tricks like the shopping cart, don't use shopping carts as a combat tool. It's not even about that, it's about a bag of dicks on a power trip handing down commandments from on high about what is and is not acceptable about how other people play this open-world game.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: January 30, 2018, 08:30:16 pm »

So what and where is exactly the not shitty and actually fun way to play this now? I keep thinking of getting back to this game only to run into how the devteam seems to have turned awful.

Anyone have any links or version numbers or... Anything? This all sounds like a headache to trawl through.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #4997 on: January 30, 2018, 08:52:26 pm »

So what and where is exactly the not shitty and actually fun way to play this now? I keep thinking of getting back to this game only to run into how the devteam seems to have turned awful.

Anyone have any links or version numbers or... Anything? This all sounds like a headache to trawl through.
https://github.com/cataclysmbnteam/Cataclysm-BN/releases
Here's coolthulhu's stuff. It may be a little bit outdated currently, but if avoiding obnoxious dev drama and related changes is the goal, it seems to be a good first bet.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: January 31, 2018, 01:16:11 am »

One advantage of sticking to the older patch, bullshit like this doesn't happen if I recall:

That's a tank shell from said tank's main gun, impacting the quarterpanels and exploding inside the turret.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: February 04, 2018, 05:52:21 pm »

Can't seem to make the Coolthulhu fork work for me, i gave a try to the 32bits version and the text just does not appear

While latest main branch "experimental" version work without trouble :

(As it had worked near of a couple of year ago , last time i played the game)

edit : additionally when toying with the main experimental, i noticed when creating a world in the core mod there's the dark day ahead pack and a "bright night" pack by Coolthulhu, and as Coolthulhu fork is titled "Bright Night", i wonder is this core pack actually contain what is in his fork or is it something else ?
It's been so long i haven't played that game i have no idea what's new or changed.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 05:56:47 pm by Robsoie »

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: February 06, 2018, 02:48:38 am »

seems the forks have moved ahead since the last main public branch.  Perhaps theres some life left to be had after all

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: February 06, 2018, 12:23:49 pm »

The Experimental or the public .C Builds? the experimentals have been updating for a long while.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: February 06, 2018, 12:39:09 pm »

Yeah, So, I just found out that Shia Labeouf is a thing in game.

...Truly, my best death yet.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: February 06, 2018, 02:05:55 pm »

Settled to finally play the older version that i remember enjoyed from before all the save system re-change, i went to clear a few houses and streets thanks to the old bushes+start fire in it and lead zombies in there trick while swinging my pipe on them, helped nicely with the 2 brutes that were running after me.

I decided to make my "base" in a house that is not far from a river (and away from swamps as i still remember the hell it was) for my water needs, i boarded up some windows after fetching enough 4x4 and nails so i could sleep without a window giving a visual of my presence in the house to potential wandering things.

Things seemed to start getting okay, i gathered some food from expeditions into the town but i got some nasty encounter in a couple of houses and i'm now in a bit of a predicament, even if i managed to get some armor vest that blocked effectively several zombies attempts to eat my torso, i was less lucky with my legs.

And my guy has the legs gone infected as i forgot to cauterize it before the infection started.

So i'm now looking for antibiotics, the major problem is that on the visible (in the map) part of the town, i see no pharmacy, hospital or anything that could be an obvious source of them.

I hope i'll find some in some of the not yet visited houses before it's too late.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: February 07, 2018, 12:28:38 am »

If you can get a first aid kit, you can use it to get rid of the infection.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: February 07, 2018, 01:51:53 am »

If you can get a first aid kit, you can use it to get rid of the infection.

This. Given antibiotics aren't used in the recipe, it seems to be a long-standing bug. Right up there with disinfectant healing way more health than bandages.

Also, that reminds me. Recently I've been working on a mod that adds onto More Survival Tools and Boatmod: https://github.com/chaosvolt/MST_Extra_Mod
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: February 07, 2018, 10:31:31 am »

edit : additionally when toying with the main experimental, i noticed when creating a world in the core mod there's the dark day ahead pack and a "bright night" pack by Coolthulhu, and as Coolthulhu fork is titled "Bright Night", i wonder is this core pack actually contain what is in his fork or is it something else ?
Commentary on reddit says...vastly reduced scope and/or something else.  Decision for same naming was on IRC.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: February 07, 2018, 01:30:53 pm »

Thanks for the mod  explanation, i'll continue to use my old cdda then.

I didn't knew first aid kit had antibiotics , though it unfortunately does not change what happened today to my unfortunate character that was in terrible pain as i didn't found any so far anyways :)

While exploring a bit further in the evening (hoping to use the loss of line of sight to my own advantage) in order to see if i could spot a pharmacy or find some antibiotic in a house, i ran into a large amount of zombies in the streets according to the many "?" i was spotting around , i decided then to run into the very close gun store (that along a possible pharmacy was one of my target) as i was still having no rifle or gun (but i had several pack of various ammo from several house underground looting).

This was actually a bad idea, as the gun store was surprisingly filled with more undead, and instead of logically run away i made the mistake of insisting in trying to at least pick a working gun, sadly when i finally found one that i had corresponding ammo, it was time for both the lots of zombies of outside joining force with the lots of zombies inside
And surrounded without hope it was the end
Final Messages:
  22:33 The zombie hits your eyes.
  22:33 Your head is bitten, but your armor protects you.
  22:33 The zombie lunges forward attempting to bite you!
  22:33 Your head is bitten, but your armor protects you.
  22:33 The zombie lunges forward attempting to bite you!
  22:33 The zombie hits your right arm.

At least he managed to take out 48 undead in that run, hopefully one of my next character will spawn around there and will be able to resume my base building in better conditions.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: February 12, 2018, 02:41:42 am »

Hmmm. Kinda wish someone would pick out like the best experimental from before everything started sliding downhill, polish out any remaining bugs and maybe add in some of the good changes from recent builds if its not too much trouble and just publish a final stable version. Just so we have a definitive this is a good stable build to use into the future to point at.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: February 12, 2018, 02:59:55 am »

I'm really conflicted about this. 0.D is pretty close apparently, and yet threads like these call out the game is trash now. I would put a lot more faith in B12 if it were a few years ago, but it seems the forums have gone really quiet recently, and considering the recent popularity of Freeman: Guerilla Warfare or whatever it's called despite it being a buggy mess, despite it being a shameless asset flip, and despite it being barely playable, I am very cautious to just swallowing whatever opinion I'm given here.

What should I listen to? I mean, let's just put aside this idiotic internet power struggle between developers. I'm just an end user. I want to play this game. I like this game.
What's going on?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 03:01:46 am by DoomOnion »
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 451