Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 795036 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5370 on: May 10, 2018, 12:35:34 pm »

In my current game I immediately found my path in the shape of three mi-gos loitering on a tile in between me and the first town. I am now leading them on a path of redeath and destruction through said city and letting them deal with all the zombies.
Love, scriver~

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: May 10, 2018, 02:57:52 pm »

Oh I can take on a horde, I just don't like wasting the ammo.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: May 10, 2018, 10:30:39 pm »

In my current game I immediately found my path in the shape of three mi-gos loitering on a tile in between me and the first town. I am now leading them on a path of redeath and destruction through said city and letting them deal with all the zombies.

How do you get them to not kill you? Aren't Mi-gos generally hostile to the player?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: May 10, 2018, 11:54:31 pm »

I'm curious what you guys do for mass zombie killing.
Until you get some decent skill levels as well as weapons, it's "don't".
I feel like this is the piece most people are missing, very early, don't think about defeating the zombies blocking your path, find another psth.
Yeah i lost so many character to that... only have 1-2 zombie, bash them and bash, get hurt, pain sets in, soon there is 2-3-4, try to run away.. realise pain is way too high reducing my pain then get overruned and dead.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: May 11, 2018, 02:31:45 am »

How do you get them to not kill you? Aren't Mi-gos generally hostile to the player?

Very hostile, that's how I led them to zombies. You can stay ahead of them by running (toggle with 2 or "). My starting traits included Quick, Fleet-Footed and Indefatigable, but I think it should still be possible to outrun them without those. Main thing to think about is keeping unencumbered so you loose less stamina by running - I didn't even keep a backpack-ish item on me for most of the first day.

I eventually ragequitted on that game because on the third day I set a house on fire by mistake when I was making dinner and it seems several of my clothing items burned up just by being approximate to the fire, then several key items fell to the ground and took burning damage as well despite being on the street outside the house (I was hanging around because dammit I hadn't had that dinner yet) l. At that point I got pissed off and deleted the world.

It's a shame, I regret that now. It had the feeling of the start of a great run.
Love, scriver~

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: May 11, 2018, 04:37:10 am »

realized that I had a 500 round drum of caseless 8x40
pulled out that scout rifle I had sitting around, and did some experiments on a burning fungle bloom, scout rifle did 78 damage. wow. I never saw how much damage the frag grenades did, the explosive arrow did 28 iirc.
it was hard to get a good hit, precise aim took too long and I lost sight of it.
I've also finally managed to level up launchers by setting all those fungle dudes with the simple flamethrower,
I tried mountin the aux flame thrower, but everything I want to put it on has an underbarrel laser sight, and the game crashes whenever I try remove the under barrel sight.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:33:28 am by se5a »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: May 11, 2018, 10:31:59 pm »

At that point I got pissed off and deleted the world.

If you ever need to generate a world anew, try resetting it. Saves you the trouble of creating a new world and tweaking the add-ons and settings all over again.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: May 11, 2018, 11:54:55 pm »

...But if your defaults for addons and world settings are all how you want them, making a new world is as easy as pressing > 3 times.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: May 13, 2018, 06:09:05 pm »

I can't make gunpowder, the recipe is supposed to be in the hand-loaders helper, tao of the handgun and the chemistry textbook, all of which I have/ but the recipe doesn't show up.
I can make black gunpowder, but I can't reload useful ammo with that.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: May 13, 2018, 06:38:27 pm »

I can't make gunpowder, the recipe is supposed to be in the hand-loaders helper, tao of the handgun and the chemistry textbook, all of which I have/ but the recipe doesn't show up.
That was part of the old firearms nerf. Because just having hand-loaded ammo be weaker than factory grade ammo wasn't enough.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: May 13, 2018, 07:08:44 pm »

Probably would have been better to just increase the time it takes to make.
Pretty sure hand loaded ammo is IRL supposed to be superior to mass produced factory ammo, if done right. or is that just sniper movie made up stuff?

Almost feels like the devs can't make up their mind whether realism trumps balance or visa versa sometimes.
The removable storage battery thing is getting to me a bit too. (seriously why should we need a separate crane for this?  why doesn't the crane thats on the vehicle count? just have us need caster wheels or something as a tool)
It's like something thats supposed to be more convenient but is actually less convenient for reasons.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: May 13, 2018, 07:15:31 pm »

I found an old story I had written about my mod

Spoiler: THE DEATH OF BIRDKOP[ (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: May 13, 2018, 07:45:30 pm »

The reason given some time ago was being able to make gunpowder is unrealistic for your mutant chemist character who has self-installed cyborg modifications. Just about the time I lost interest in the game, for some reason.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: May 13, 2018, 08:20:10 pm »

Aren't most modern smokeless gunpowders mostly nitrocellulose?
That stuff is easy to make.
Admittedly it's a bit harder to make if you don't want to risk burning your house/RV down, but still, probably not as bad as making meth.
But anyway, I'd expect you should be able to fill the cartages with black powder just fine, you just might have a higher stoppage rate due to the extra fouling, and lower range/damage due to not as much power.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:26:45 pm by se5a »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: May 13, 2018, 08:53:28 pm »

The reason given some time ago was being able to make gunpowder is unrealistic for your mutant chemist character who has self-installed cyborg modifications. Just about the time I lost interest in the game, for some reason.

I can see the gameplay reasons for not letting you make your own gunpowder. It helps solidify the differences between bows/crossbows and guns. One class is weaker, but easy to craft and the other one is stronger, but uncraftable. That said, the uncraftability of guns is already undermined enough that it doesn't make much sense to draw the line at gunpowder.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 451