Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 787263 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5400 on: May 15, 2018, 09:55:22 pm »

Don't worry! A brief looksee at the monsters list on the wiki reveals that at least some of them won't look like kids anymore!

Have fun!

Oh, and if you destroy the school by, say, burning it down, you won't lose morale from killing the kids inside, though some of the kids might just turn into the burned variants, which still look like kids enough for you to feel bad about killing them.

Have fun!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: May 15, 2018, 11:21:14 pm »

Oh, and if you destroy the school by, say, burning it down, you won't lose morale from killing the kids inside, though some of the kids might just turn into the burned variants, which still look like kids enough for you to feel bad about killing them.

...hmmm.  So, if we set a zombie dog on fire, would it convert to a hot dog?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: May 16, 2018, 05:09:44 am »

Yes, but not an uncooked campfire dog, which is the only kind the average apocalypse survivor cares about.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: May 20, 2018, 11:32:00 pm »

FYI we landed one of the proposed ranges rebalance, roughly doubling the effective range of most guns.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: May 21, 2018, 08:29:05 am »

Does this mean turrets can shoot us from twice as far now? Because IIRC that was brought up nice when someone asked why people can’t shoot too far.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: May 21, 2018, 08:38:38 am »

Turrets, being automated silicon shooting machines, are probably more limited by their vision than ballistic max range, right?

Anyway, I'm glad that the range was increased, azmodean, even if I doubt that I'll ever actually find a gun that I can use on any of my characters.
(Unless I start as a profession that starts with one, or perhaps inside a gun store. But where's the fun in that? ;P )
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: May 21, 2018, 10:14:44 pm »

That's good, I was starting to realize that my reflex re-curve bow was far superior to any assault rifle I had.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: May 22, 2018, 02:20:20 pm »

Did some preliminary tests...this is AWESOME! Having a gun now really will make a difference. Congrats.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: May 25, 2018, 08:40:52 pm »

Figured I'd check out the latest version, thing is, no idea where to get it or if there are more than one 'latest versions'. Is the original link still viable? If so, how is experimental vs stable on updates? If not, where can I find the latest versions?

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: May 25, 2018, 09:08:41 pm »

Current main page is https://cataclysmdda.org/ download links to latest builds are toward the bottom.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: May 26, 2018, 12:39:39 pm »

Figured I'd check out the latest version, thing is, no idea where to get it or if there are more than one 'latest versions'. Is the original link still viable? If so, how is experimental vs stable on updates? If not, where can I find the latest versions?
Stable was last updated in 2015 and will probably be updated in the year we get mass produced infantry railguns irl.

Experimental is updated anywhere from every few minutes to every few hours, but you don't need to bother downloading the latest build more than once every week unless the one you currently have has particularly aggravating bugs. I think I remember there being an auto-updating version too if you really, really want to stay up to date at all times for some reason.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: May 26, 2018, 01:30:08 pm »

Current main page is https://cataclysmdda.org/ download links to latest builds are toward the bottom.

So just to doublecheck, the downloads here are experimental and not the old stables, right?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: May 26, 2018, 07:59:37 pm »

Those look to be experimentals.  When you click on the version you want it brings you to a page with a bunch of dates on it.  For example at time of this writing I get as the last 3 entries:

[   ]   cataclysmdda-0.C-7429.zip   2018-05-26 08:05   61M   
[   ]   cataclysmdda-0.C-7431.zip   2018-05-26 11:09   61M   
[   ]   cataclysmdda-0.C-7432.zip   2018-05-26 13:02   61M   

In this case cataclysmdda-0.C-7432.zip 2018-05-26 13:02 would be the latest version.  Released for download at 1:02 PM on May 26th 2018.   While the others would be very slightly out of date versions you could download if for instance you encountered some major bug with the latest that does not have a fix available yet and wanted to go back a couple versions to a point where yer still newer than stable, but hopefully before the bug was introduced.

Those are all version 0.C the 4 digit number afterwards is (I believe) the release number after stable, so in that example the latest (should be) the 7432'nd experimental version of the game to be released after stable, and I use it as a rough estimate of how much has changed between versions.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 08:08:29 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: May 31, 2018, 10:31:43 pm »

Considering that more creatures would be getting turns in the amount of time, it would probably be the only way to play the game where moving onto a bush actually does actually take longer for the player.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 451