Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 795300 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5866 on: October 30, 2018, 04:45:04 pm »

Looks like the end of the world is a rather lucrative business.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: October 31, 2018, 02:54:48 am »

Has anyone actually managed to fill a cash card, the closest I've ever got was three hundred thousand.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: October 31, 2018, 05:43:19 am »

why found a backpack is almost impossible...i have searched on two cities and no see one.....

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: October 31, 2018, 05:49:58 am »

The only backpacks i find are on dead zombies, i don't remember finding them in buildings.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: October 31, 2018, 05:56:02 am »

I find them in buildings sometimes, but usually I get them from the groups of dead soldiers, or campers, also you can craft them with 3 tailoring. 
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: November 01, 2018, 09:52:32 pm »

Is there a way of losing the Frail trait, without going for post-treshold mutations in the beastly aspects? I thought I could maybe guzzle some gallons of mutagen and with some luck get Tough, but now that I'm reading the wiki, it says it has the targetted mutation tag, without being assigned to any aspect. Soo... it can't be gained outside of character generation? Do I understand this right?
http://cddawiki.chezzo.com/cdda_wiki/index.php?title=Tough

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: November 02, 2018, 11:44:41 am »

Dunno, but I do wish that whoever keeps merging changes without merging changes they are dependent on fer the game to work(for example, the monster flag FILTHY currently causes the game to refuse to load) wouldn't.

Dont know if its a matter of something not being added yet, or something being removed before things that are dependent on it, but whatever it is, its damn tedious to A) find the right file and B) remove some 75 lines of flags so I can actually get a game working.
 And after fighting to clear out the errors, its starting to feel like someone decided to do some major work on flags fer monsters and totally halfassed it. So no CDDA fer me today. Hurrah.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 11:59:50 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: November 02, 2018, 12:01:31 pm »

Is there a way of losing the Frail trait, without going for post-treshold mutations in the beastly aspects? I thought I could maybe guzzle some gallons of mutagen and with some luck get Tough, but now that I'm reading the wiki, it says it has the targetted mutation tag, without being assigned to any aspect. Soo... it can't be gained outside of character generation? Do I understand this right?

From what I read on the Wiki http://cddawiki.chezzo.com/cdda_wiki/index.php?title=Traits, which admits itself to being inaccurate:
"Traits are very hard to get rid off, and only in rare occasions, involving thresholds you can sometimes change them."
but then it says
"You cannot change starting traits normally, and purifier will try to give them back to you. But if you really want to change your starting traits you can use the mutate option of the debug menu."

Sorry I can't be of more help.  And the wiki really shouldn't contract itself.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: November 03, 2018, 05:45:05 am »

From what I read on the Wiki http://cddawiki.chezzo.com/cdda_wiki/index.php?title=Traits, which admits itself to being inaccurate:
"Traits are very hard to get rid off, and only in rare occasions, involving thresholds you can sometimes change them."
but then it says
"You cannot change starting traits normally, and purifier will try to give them back to you. But if you really want to change your starting traits you can use the mutate option of the debug menu."

Sorry I can't be of more help.  And the wiki really shouldn't contract itself.
The wiki is a horrible mishmash of up-to-date and outdated because the constant updates basically guarantee that even if they could actually be bothered to update it, which is the other problem, it would likely become irrelevant within 3 months of the change. Also, I remember their spam/bot filter being broken AF, so you couldn't actually confirm if you were human or not after editing or trying to register an account.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 05:47:32 am by duckman »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: November 05, 2018, 04:08:48 am »

why found a backpack is almost impossible...i have searched on two cities and no see one.....
Sporting goods and military surplus stores are your best bet. Hardware stores and clothing stores have other good storage chest pieces (such as tool belts and messenger bags). And if you really can't find anything better, you can craft a belt pouch, though it's pretty encumbering for its storage.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: November 05, 2018, 08:17:54 am »

I'm at day 63 of my eternal summer world.
I planted these bunch of berries/other wild edible plants probably 55+ days ago and while the seeds evolved into another stage (the "seedling" one actually, so there are apparently more stages to go), there's still nothing that can be gathered there

(on the farm expansion of my faction camp, there's a lot more of them (as i even upgraded the farm to have more plots), but they're probably "only" 30 days old)

So it looks like berry farming isn't really something usable anymore (as in before the season length change the slowest growing plants were going through all their growing stage in 12 days) if you're in the middle of nowhere in term of food and foraging.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: November 05, 2018, 11:00:11 am »

Using ctrl v in mounds of zombie corpses allows you to find dirty clothes such as backpacks or MOLLE packs on zoldiers, etc. Really look around if you want to find things.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: November 05, 2018, 02:08:02 pm »

How do I wash dirty clothes again?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: November 05, 2018, 02:16:10 pm »

You can craft a washboard, then use the washboard to access its washing menu, water is needed of course.
As i don't play anymore with filthy clothing, i don't remember if you need "clean" water or if regular one can work.
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 451