Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 792944 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Actual Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Looks like I found a research results book. Apparently it teaches how to make various mutagens, but it also requires 12 intelligence to read properly (I have 8) and applies massive morale penalties. Is there any way to actually increase intelligence itself?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

Mutations, Granades.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

getting it up permanently is super hard, but temp bonuses are relatively easy: just take stimulants.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

getting it up permanently is super hard, but temp bonuses are relatively easy: just take stimulants meth.

FTFY

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I like shrubs being car wreckers.  It allows you to have a regular car and drive around with it but if you have no easy means to repair it you avoid driving offroad...just like a normal car.   But with a little bit of time and resources you can convert that same car to be safe to drive offroad at reduced speeds through bushes just with a bit of front armor.   Or even go whole hog and design a fully custom maneuverable 3 tile wide armored tank that can do highway speeds offroad with armor absorbing the strikes from bushes and weaving around the thicker stuff.

You can't just take a vanilla car offroad without going very slowly or suffering damage.  But if you take the time you can reinforce one that can handle the task.  It gives you something to do to improve the car that makes it better than vanilla, even when you are not one of those mobile base types and just use it for loot transport.
Comically, to emphasize my previous post, you can drive a truck into the outskirts of the forest and watch a few full grown trees get downed (or that's how I saw it anyway, I did manage to plow through a few) yet...a shrub on the other hand does otherwise?

Anyway, one bit here:
What's with some mutations (in debug) which have certain...um, categories? Like Wolf? Is it associated with the mutagen or the creature? The description text seems to be leading more on the mutagen but...it seems out of place, unless the lore does say that the mutagen was directly being developed for such purposes. IMO.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

PTW I guess.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like shrubs being car wreckers.  It allows you to have a regular car and drive around with it but if you have no easy means to repair it you avoid driving offroad...just like a normal car.   But with a little bit of time and resources you can convert that same car to be safe to drive offroad at reduced speeds through bushes just with a bit of front armor.   Or even go whole hog and design a fully custom maneuverable 3 tile wide armored tank that can do highway speeds offroad with armor absorbing the strikes from bushes and weaving around the thicker stuff.

You can't just take a vanilla car offroad without going very slowly or suffering damage.  But if you take the time you can reinforce one that can handle the task.  It gives you something to do to improve the car that makes it better than vanilla, even when you are not one of those mobile base types and just use it for loot transport.
Comically, to emphasize my previous post, you can drive a truck into the outskirts of the forest and watch a few full grown trees get downed (or that's how I saw it anyway, I did manage to plow through a few) yet...a shrub on the other hand does otherwise?

Anyway, one bit here:
What's with some mutations (in debug) which have certain...um, categories? Like Wolf? Is it associated with the mutagen or the creature? The description text seems to be leading more on the mutagen but...it seems out of place, unless the lore does say that the mutagen was directly being developed for such purposes. IMO.

Mutational branches in the tree. Certain mutations are categorized as certain animals with some overlap. Claws are cats, bears, wolves, etc I thjnk. With cetain mutagens you will go down those branches with use.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Anyway, one bit here:

Mutational branches in the tree. Certain mutations are categorized as certain animals with some overlap. Claws are cats, bears, wolves, etc I thjnk. With cetain mutagens you will go down those branches with use.
Yeah. If you decide to go down the, say, plant path, you end up having bark for skin, being able to photosynthesize, but end up slower.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile

For the shrub thing, you can actually get reasonable durability on a regular car jsut by welding a reinforced frame crash bar on the front and armor plating that. Move the headlights up to the cab and reinforce them, then keep a few rolls of duct tape in the car for emergency repairs, or a welder with rechargable battery pack, or whatever. You can't plow through forests but going 30-40 through bushes won't hurt you too much.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Anyway, one bit here:

Basically, the old categories, mostly Beast, had specialized kinda-subcategories added, so you mutate into something a bit more specific than a generic chimaera of wild animal parts and characteristics. It's significant insofar as if you accumulate enough mutations in one specific category and use that category's concentrated (the syringe one) mutagen you get access to different powers you cannot access without specialization.

For example, going generic Beast allows you to get a mutation that allows you to be a remorseless cannibal, whereas Bear (Ursine), while working on the same normal mutations gives you access to mutations that allow you to hibernate.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTWEE

FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

So.  I didn't realize Car mechanics/physics were updated.  Fishtails and actually skidding seem more fluid and dramatic
I actually skid because a worm, into a pack.  I was going west to east, until the dramatic skid.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 451