Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 794659 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #6270 on: March 25, 2019, 09:28:17 am »

Good luck, beware the moose.

Yell at the moose.
My one true contribution to the game is this.

How is the game these days?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: March 25, 2019, 11:51:14 am »

the last changelog is pretty interesting. they added almond milk(and other derived stuff from it) apparently, also mainlined some armor/equipment from medieval mods (i think). there's also the lab thing, will probably have to generate a new world in case this was posted today. oh there' also wooden beads and stuff like beaded curtains/doors.

im more stoked in seeing what they do with roofs and other Z-level stuff tho. a good amount of buildings got roofed after all, i wonder if we could eventualy be able to make roof gardens.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: March 25, 2019, 11:53:17 pm »

above ground and underground bases could be ideas, rare materials, or building up as well.  Id also like to see the wilderness survival elements added upon as well surviving the first day is always a challange

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: March 26, 2019, 01:27:05 am »

First day?  I get utterly fucked within the first hour.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: March 26, 2019, 11:45:03 am »

First day?  I get utterly fucked within the first hour.

x2

i think the best way to ensure a first day survival is to get a start in a secluded area  like being in the wilds or inside a very specific building. not sure if it works for the Hospital or School but i found the Prison to be quite tame in that regard. just have to make sure of using the starting NPC as a cover against the zombies (specially if you get the Brute spawn) and give a berth to the Security Bots while trying to clear up the place. my only complain is in those cases when the Prison has the extra room behind a Metallic Door, you cant get an ID Card or any Hacking equipment there so not sure how the dev team expects the player to open that.

then the only issue is getting out, make your way into the city and find a house with a basement that can actually be blocked off to evade visitors in your sleep.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 11:48:31 am by xaritscin »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: March 26, 2019, 12:02:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've finally finished my Luxury Armored RV thingy. Not all interior are filled properly - there's a bunch of empty spaces and a lot of random cargo troughs, also the welding rig and forge are in temporary spots, but the kitchen and the eating/sitting area near the front are mostly done. All windows have curtains on them, if I want to drive using only cameras. I know that monsters can see inside if a wall is diagonal, but meh, at least they'll let me sleep.

This thing 100% electric and solar powered, there's still room for more solar panels, it has also several upgraded ones that I found too, tho I haven't reinforced them yet. With 2 large electric motors it's a bit slow off road (around 25 km/h) and simply won't reverse on dirt, which is bollocks because a car reverse gear is basically the lowest gear anyway.

On a road it can safely go 134 km/h.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: March 28, 2019, 01:42:32 am »

the last changelog is pretty interesting. they added almond milk(and other derived stuff from it) apparently, also mainlined some armor/equipment from medieval mods (i think). there's also the lab thing, will probably have to generate a new world in case this was posted today. oh there' also wooden beads and stuff like beaded curtains/doors.

im more stoked in seeing what they do with roofs and other Z-level stuff tho. a good amount of buildings got roofed after all, i wonder if we could eventualy be able to make roof gardens.

Technically the new lab building will generate if you travel into any unexplored area, any newly generated overmap will have it. that might mean venturing pretty far though. When I finish dealing with some irl stuff I'm going to make it more common and remove the lame old lab building.

Rooftop gardens will be a thing eventually. For now just having rooftops is nice. Some of them have cool Easter eggs and immersion stuff that I really like, the contributor working on them is doing great stuff.

Unfortunately the experimental is really really experimental right now, because there's such a backup after the 0.D fixes. It might be a few weeks before they're really truly playable. On the other hand the fixes going in are just friggin awesome. Besides what you listed there's also NPCs responding to sounds and investigating, or running away from threats. Some big old problems dying off very suddenly. Partial construction might be in in a few weeks (ie. You make 40% of a pair of cargo pants, then go do something else, then come back and resume it)
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: March 28, 2019, 02:08:53 am »

Some of them have cool Easter eggs
I hope its a H.E.V. suit and a crowbar.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: March 28, 2019, 08:14:09 am »

yeah, I figured out how experimental it is experimental when I hit a skeleton and seg-faulted, but that might be because of all the mods I turned on.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: March 28, 2019, 12:33:28 pm »

TFW you find a decent basement to occupy and then dont know what to do. i mean, this part of the mega city is just suburbs and forest/swamp so finding ways to quench the hunger and thirst takes time and i dont have many storage left to keep moving, would have to find a bycicle or something. surviving 10 days has been a feat already but there's no map to check on directions so im not sure where to move, was kinda wanting to play some kind of convict converted into nature's protector or some shit like that but there's no labs nearby, i have an ID Card but there's no proper place to get equipment (i have a Glock tho).

oh dear....

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: March 28, 2019, 05:48:09 pm »

TFW you find a decent basement to occupy and then dont know what to do. i mean, this part of the mega city is just suburbs and forest/swamp so finding ways to quench the hunger and thirst takes time and i dont have many storage left to keep moving, would have to find a bycicle or something. surviving 10 days has been a feat already but there's no map to check on directions so im not sure where to move, was kinda wanting to play some kind of convict converted into nature's protector or some shit like that but there's no labs nearby, i have an ID Card but there's no proper place to get equipment (i have a Glock tho).

oh dear....
Could whip up some spike pits. Lure both zombies and creatures there. Lots of food + stuff. Might not even need the gun.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: March 28, 2019, 06:00:41 pm »

Is there a way to use stairs that's halfway safe?  Every time I try a basement I'm getting whacked by something waiting right at the landing.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: March 28, 2019, 06:30:37 pm »

Is there a way to use stairs that's halfway safe?  Every time I try a basement I'm getting whacked by something waiting right at the landing.
You can peek down stairs. Usually alerts anyone down there and spends some time so not always safe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: March 29, 2019, 01:50:55 am »

Hmm. I wish that there was a scenario where you're guaranteed to start with a working vehicle. Or maybe one where you've broken down somewhere and get a starting quest to find the parts to fix it.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: March 29, 2019, 02:20:05 am »

Hmm. I wish that there was a scenario where you're guaranteed to start with a working vehicle. Or maybe one where you've broken down somewhere and get a starting quest to find the parts to fix it.

There's a pro cyclist profession that starts with a folding bike.  Maybe the paperboy does too.  It even has a basket in the rear to haul stuff.

But that's probably not what you mean by "vehicle".
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 451