Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 805705 times)

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #630 on: April 09, 2015, 09:46:09 pm »

Nope. Using a tailor's kit to add padding does not increase encumberment at all. It's awesome. No reason not to pad everything with everything.

EDIT: well, except fur, I can imagine that being too hot in summer.

In current experimentals it does increase encumbrance. I believe it's +5 for kevlar and +7 for leather.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 09, 2015, 10:04:57 pm »

...sorry if I'm getting this wrong, but 7 encumbrance is a ridiculous stat for just lining your trenchcoat with leather, especially when it only marginally increases protection.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 09, 2015, 10:09:52 pm »

They changed the encumbrance system: 10 new = 1 old encumbrance. So 1-9 encumbrance is actually 0, 10-19 is 1, etc.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 09, 2015, 10:14:40 pm »

I was kinda assuming they meant .5 or .7 which would be far more reasonable.  (yea what blaze said)

I havent messed with the tailoring kit much yet myself but does it also change the warmth of the clothing?  I'm not sure exactly how much materiel is being added but I would think any amount of leather significant enough to provide protection would significantly reduce the breathability of most cloth stuff.  Think of a t-shirt you may be wearing now, then think of how hot that shirt would suddenly become if you even covered 50% of it with leather. Not a significant downside early, but it has potential to be a massive drawback come late spring/summer.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 09, 2015, 10:15:42 pm »

Still, why line a coat with leather when you can make one of leather?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 09, 2015, 10:34:37 pm »

Still, why line a coat with leather when you can make one of leather?
Line a leather coat with leather?
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 09, 2015, 10:46:51 pm »

On that vein I would think the next step in tailoring would be super customization.  Being able to make not just a coat but a 'Leather body covering' (with a customizable name of course) that has variable volume (at additional enc per x amount of volume) variable protective values (also at additional enc per so many points, added warmth, and also based on materiel you choose to build with), additional body parts covered (bonus to volume based on a % of the volume of the main part, to make up for enc being the same on all parts) %coverage (lower values reduce amount of materiel required and warmth) and things like that.

I of course, would not want to code something like that. :P
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #637 on: April 10, 2015, 12:33:48 am »

Neat. Been waiting for a new B12 server. :)

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 10, 2015, 12:40:10 am »

I played around on it for a little while. Works very well, and the cataclysm is just as deadly as ever, as i saw the saved character count went from 4 to 2 a while ago :P.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 10, 2015, 02:12:11 am »

I finally did get that server running with launch options (turns out cataclysm-launcher can't be fed launch parameters, my fault), so, to any interested y'can connect by ssh to cataclysm@nax.ydns.eu to play. Password's the same as the one used for DCSS, starts with a j and ends with an oshua.

It'll ask you for a username, that's to denote your character name and limit your access to only that character. I'll see about implementing a rudimentary password lock for each username later. All's on one shared world, with a few content mods turned on and no zombie revivification. It's running the latest experimental, which I'll probably recompile weekly.

Lemme know if this is helpful to anyone or if there's no real draw to a shared world server.

Huh, that's nice but why would one use this instead of a standalone?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 10, 2015, 02:50:53 am »

Because you can play in the same world as other people? It's like those people who pass save files back and forth between each other, but without all the hassle of actually giving each other save files, plus the ability for both of you to play at the same time (though not in the same place in the world at the same time AFAIK).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 10, 2015, 09:51:41 am »

So you could help a pal out by giving him a book or two he might need while they're away.

Or you could be a sneaky little bitch and steal all her books and valuable items.

Or you could be an absolute todger and slam a burning vehicle into their hide-out. c:
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 10, 2015, 09:59:47 am »

So griefing. Got it.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 10, 2015, 10:24:34 am »

I tried it out, but when everything but me and the monsters is completely black, something's wrong. My SSH client is way outdated to handle the graphics. Any suggestions for a better, more modern one?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 10, 2015, 01:15:39 pm »

Is CygWin still a thing? I remember it being pretty robust back when I needed such things.

So griefing. Got it.

Yeah. Solo it is.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 451