Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 787317 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #6435 on: June 23, 2019, 11:14:03 pm »

Rolled up a white belt guy, standard evac start.  Take the martial art perk so I actually maybe know karate.

Evac shelter literally only has a knit hat and and some pants that don't fit.  Guess I have a snazzy winter hat now.  Immediate area is a second evac to the southwest, a lab to the north, a trail stop to the northeast, and a town to the southeast.  Immediate issue is my karate uniform has no pockets.

Head to the trail head first.  I get visual of SUV and the toilet cabin, but a mi-go is in the way so next I head over to the lab as I have no sense of self preservation.  Sadly I cannot lab myself to death, as the lab is locked.  Mi-go is actually still down the road, so I head round back and south to the second evac shelter.  There is an emergency blanket and jacket (I didn't bother grabbing), but also a portable stove which I took back to the starting evac.  Next I wander over to town.  Cthulu dog hangs out in the outskirts and decides he wants to stalk me.  He follows me to town but I think the many zombies distract him, but they also distract me a bit too.  Wander behind some houses at the edge, naturally all of them are locked.  I find one with a picket backyard and a shed, the sliding glass door wasn't locked.  It was also home to a zombie necro, which was all things considered a bit of a pickle.  Decide to run for it but I'm at like a | of stamina and he's matching my pace.

Just in front of the house though was a bicycle, and it was in perfect condition.  Thinking quick I hop on the bike and take off, going deeper into town but at least away from the necro, whom never actually hit me.  Upcoming intersection has a handful of zombies so I veer off between buildings, nearly brushing past another undead.  Passed by a pool utterly filled with dead but they can't touch me, and I get outta town, albeit at a northeast exit a ways away from where I came in.  Decided to go around the long ways and end up at the trail head, which was now unoccupied.  Apparently there was a bunch of army corpses there, and since my bike can hold shit for me (still no pockets), I go ahead and loot them.  Got me about three MREs, a rifle with one mag, a folded up LAW (what), a clean water bottle, a hydration backpack (a pack that's mostly a big water bottle), and a nice army helmet.  The SUV nearby had a bottle jack I went ahead and grabbed because why not.

At this point I need to head back into town for pants of all things, this time with my bike and a makeshift crowbar.  I'm wondering if the rocket I found could pop the front doors of the lab but that's probably a dumb idea.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #6436 on: June 24, 2019, 01:18:32 am »

a folded up LAW (what)
Seems like you know what it is, but the folded up part means undeployed/unextended.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: June 24, 2019, 01:40:23 am »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M72_LAW
They have a telescopic tube type arrangement, you extend them for firing.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: June 24, 2019, 04:53:02 pm »

TFW when your character dies not because of living near an Acidic Anthill but because you tried to sneak into a Mansion in hopes of finding a First Aid book to fix one of your arms. loosing your extremities to temperature drop is broken and annoying, i mean. i was playing with Naked and Afraid as a start but i had gotten to the point where i could get some insulation thanks to breaking down one of those Foodperson Masks, it makes no sense i couldnt have some protection from the cold while cutting a tree in the daylight, i shouldnt have lost an arm to that.

aaaanyways, i've already updated to the latest experimental, gonna check how it comes out the next time.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: June 24, 2019, 07:02:01 pm »

a folded up LAW (what)
Seems like you know what it is, but the folded up part means undeployed/unextended.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M72_LAW
They have a telescopic tube type arrangement, you extend them for firing.

Its more the reaction of just finding one on the ground.  Also the fact its probably much more a danger to me than whatever I might point it at, and its single use so I better save it for like, forever.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #6440 on: June 24, 2019, 09:04:39 pm »

Its more the reaction of just finding one on the ground.  Also the fact its probably much more a danger to me than whatever I might point it at, and its single use so I better save it for like, forever.
I'm sure the rates have been changed since I played, but I recall it being a semi-common drop for military corpses. Probably one every other occurrence of the group.
Doesn't seem like either the corpse groups, nor the LAWs were common enough to be unusual.
I definitely agree with it probably being a bigger risk to the player than the enemy. At least two deaths from trying to snipe turrets from corners with it back in 0.C :P
I don't know if it can breech the lab doors, but that would be a good use for it.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: June 24, 2019, 09:25:03 pm »

Actually, I guess a army squad having an anti-tank weapon or two is probably pretty standard issue.

That said, I did use it on the lab's front door.  It blew open one of the two doors, and deafened me for like a few hours.  It also revealed a turret just inside the lab, which I'm assuming didn't just open fire from all the smoke my rocket made.  So much for that.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: June 24, 2019, 09:31:18 pm »

ugh, why nether creatures have to be a fucking cancer 100% of the time. after 7 days keeping it up in the wilds and improving thanks to the occasional zombie dying or getting killed by me i got lucky to find a Blank Body + some mangled scientists with a lot of goodies. the strange creature was easily slain (perhaps i should have let it be instead), was going to bring the bodies to my base the next day to give them a proper cremation but noooo, the game had to also put a Hunting Horror nearby. Krecks are manageable thanks to bushes or stuff like that but those creatures are totally broken, i wouldnt mind running from a Mi-go but come on...

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: June 25, 2019, 05:12:18 pm »

yeah that uber creature thing needs a bit of balancing.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: June 27, 2019, 10:45:22 pm »

regeneration was nerfed yesterday or so. it will take longer for characters to restore health on their parts, which makes sense because even with the Blob being on your body its a bit of OP to get from 1 to 100 in a single nap. of course there's always the option of a mod that speeds up healing but yeah, also it seems bandages and the like will have some kind of effect on that healing speed.

Magiclysm added some sort of telepoting device that you can build, you still have to learn and cast the spell but yeah. you can now move around bases and important locations. they're also adding auto-travel, albeit its not exactly like Fast Travel, more like automated routes the character takes.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: June 28, 2019, 01:32:52 am »

Base cataclysm now also has the ability to automatically path between points on the overmap, at high speed. So far just for walking, and not really recommended for exploring new turf (nor will it ever be). Press shift+W in the overmap menu to choose your waypoint.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #6446 on: June 28, 2019, 09:01:56 am »

That's pretty dang awesome.
Maintaining multiple camps seems like it could be a lot less tedious.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6447 on: June 28, 2019, 09:49:59 am »

There is work on a vehicle based autopilot as well, far in future

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: June 28, 2019, 09:53:30 am »

So far just for walking, and not really recommended for exploring new turf (nor will it ever be).

Why not?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6449 on: June 28, 2019, 02:25:05 pm »

So far just for walking, and not really recommended for exploring new turf (nor will it ever be).

Why not?
It might walk you through something you'd rather not walk through, I'd imagine
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 451