Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 793277 times)

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #6495 on: July 14, 2019, 02:31:08 pm »

Ive been playing the recent master fresh off the git for hours. and no crashes at all for me.
And in recent weeks, hardly any crashes.

Interested in that horse crash though, would it be possible for you to do a bug report on the github?
I'm pretty sure it isn't the horses. Rapid inputs seemed to be the cause when those particular crashes happened, with the higher speed of horses acting as a multiplier rather than being the primary cause of it.

Edit: Has anyone looked at the "Deal with Informant" mission for the Old Guards recently? It doesn't teleport the broker outside anymore, but all the guards in the storeroom and the refugees are. The hunter and informant are still where they're supposed to be, but once the informant is dead, the storeroom is completely unguarded. That doesn't actually change that much about the storeroom since the guards can't actually see half of what's in there to begin with*, but the refugees getting stuck outside is slightly inconvenient.

Edit2: Looks like the ranch doesn't like being rotated 90 degrees either.

*Who swapped out the display racks with utility shelves? Now that theft is a thing, the guards NEED to be able to see what they're supposed to be guarding.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 12:41:29 am by duckman »

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: July 19, 2019, 04:40:18 pm »

The racks were swapped for utility shelves many moons before theft was a thing. Really though I should have made utility shelves transparent, even really cluttered utility shelves are generally something you can see through.

Can you post a screen of what's happening with your teleporting npcs? I don't see any reason the update_mapgen call should be moving them outside; in fact, it's a constant irritation that I *can't* move NPCs with update_mapgen.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: July 19, 2019, 05:52:39 pm »

The racks were swapped for utility shelves many moons before theft was a thing. Really though I should have made utility shelves transparent, even really cluttered utility shelves are generally something you can see through.

Can you post a screen of what's happening with your teleporting npcs? I don't see any reason the update_mapgen call should be moving them outside; in fact, it's a constant irritation that I *can't* move NPCs with update_mapgen.

I can confirm that the latter absolutely happens: anytime you ping update_mapgen or call nested chunk stuff for a location capable of rotating, every NPC in the affecred om_terrain gets yeeted a given distance away. ONLY use update_mapgen or deploy chunks with non-rotating specials.

This is 100% exactly why the Cleansing Flame holdout is non-rotating, I found that out while trying to add the first construction at the end of the first mission.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: July 20, 2019, 09:53:54 am »

It only happens when it's rotated like Random_Dragon said.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hopefully the image isn't broken or something.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: July 21, 2019, 12:04:59 am »

I wonder if that is something the coders can tackle and reduce ?

Jejune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: July 21, 2019, 09:48:53 am »

Had a fun innawoods game with city size set to 0. Spawned next to an incomplete cabin and got access to shelter that way which was really lucky! Managed to survive the first week just barely by foraging for vegetables and killing small things like snakes and even a pair of dogs. Found a 3L glass jar early on with was really handy and let me boil water next to my tent. Then put together my first ever kiln, smoking rack and butchers table just in time to prepare over 200 chunks of meat from a wounded moose I stumbled on and managed to take down while hunting a giant bee I'd seen earlier.

Ended up finishing the cabin which took two weeks while slowly grinding through the meat stocks but died to a grim howler when I went out looking for a source of metal/ nails/ rags. I'm really bummed that high levels of construction don't let you skip nails with some fancy joinery instead. The japs did it and it worked fine for them.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 11:09:09 am by Jejune »

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: July 21, 2019, 11:25:25 am »

Ended up finishing the cabin which took two weeks

I didn't know you can build actual houses in the game. How did you do it?

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: July 21, 2019, 01:09:03 pm »

The construction menu can be opened with the "*" key. They merged the actual construction skill with fabrication a while ago, so they probably need to do something to make that a bit more obvious now.

Jejune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: July 21, 2019, 03:09:19 pm »

What the other guy said, using the * menu. I also built all the kilns and smokers that way because the & menu recipies needed metal tanks which I couldn't get. The * menu kilns and stuff just needed rocks and withered plants and sticks.

I started as a lumberjack so I had a wood axe that I could use to chop down trees and then process those trees into logs for rustic log walls and a log roof. It wasn't a very big cabin maybe 5x4? More of a hut really but construction takes a loooong time. Building a full sized house probably would have taken a year.
The butchers rack and table was the biggest thing I had made. Without that I wouldn't have been able to butcher the moose and I would have gotten like, 50 chunks instead of over 200.

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: July 21, 2019, 08:24:21 pm »

What the other guy said, using the * menu. I also built all the kilns and smokers that way because the & menu recipies needed metal tanks which I couldn't get. The * menu kilns and stuff just needed rocks and withered plants and sticks.

I started as a lumberjack so I had a wood axe that I could use to chop down trees and then process those trees into logs for rustic log walls and a log roof. It wasn't a very big cabin maybe 5x4? More of a hut really but construction takes a loooong time. Building a full sized house probably would have taken a year.
The butchers rack and table was the biggest thing I had made. Without that I wouldn't have been able to butcher the moose and I would have gotten like, 50 chunks instead of over 200.

Thanks for the construction. I didn't know * was even an option. I'd be curious to see how a lumberjack start would play.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: July 21, 2019, 08:32:20 pm »

Incidentally, * also allows you to deconstruct furniture, which can lead to different ingredients instead of straight smashing it.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

dpwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: July 23, 2019, 06:42:28 am »

There is now a feature to make large-scale constructions much less tedious -

In the Zone Manager ( "Y" key ) , specify blueprint construction zones, to designate a line of walls or something.

Then have the components within a few tiles of the desired construction area.

Then press Shift+O to do a zone activity for construction, or tell your NPCs to do it for you.

And you ( or they ) will automatically move from blueprint to blueprint constructing everything that can be constructed.

I built a log cabin this way, and although getting the materials for this was still tedious, the construction itself was done in 5 real-life minutes, wheras before it woulda been very annoying.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: July 23, 2019, 03:11:32 pm »

I've slowly began noticing that it seems all NPCs (well, at least all randomly generated ones) are going commando.
Love, scriver~

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: July 24, 2019, 09:15:29 pm »

I've slowly began noticing that it seems all NPCs (well, at least all randomly generated ones) are going commando.

Less material to harvest.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: July 25, 2019, 06:16:32 am »

I must say, it feels strange that the new standard interaction after joining up with new people after the apocalypse is "Hey, let me sew you a nice new pair of clean underwear" though. It's not what I expected.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 451