Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 795328 times)

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #6585 on: August 21, 2019, 08:25:07 pm »

Maybe not a year but definitely a long time. It used to spawn giant roaches.

The new riding is cool. Sometimes though it says you don't know how put a saddle on a horse? What is lacking, DEX, INT, or driving skill? And when I get on the horse I find no way to dismount...
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: August 21, 2019, 09:56:04 pm »

The new riding is cool. Sometimes though it says you don't know how put a saddle on a horse? What is lacking, DEX, INT, or driving skill? And when I get on the horse I find no way to dismount...

New skill - Horse Riding

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: August 21, 2019, 10:23:30 pm »

How can we level this skill from 0 without book?
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6588 on: August 21, 2019, 10:46:34 pm »

Dismount with "^". I assume they used that key to keep riding semi-consistent with driving.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: August 21, 2019, 11:31:11 pm »

Thanks, I should've thought of that!

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6590 on: August 22, 2019, 04:59:27 am »

Whoever split the .270 rounds from .30-06 forgot to make them compatible with the rifle bandolier. Which is weird since the Rifle Hunter starting class was one of the things changed with that one.

Edit: They added actual armor values for vehicle parts at some point and most of them have less health than before that update, so heavy vehicles are harder to damage while light vehicles are easier to break. Mod parts don't seem to have been updated to the same standard yet.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 08:32:05 pm by duckman »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6591 on: August 22, 2019, 08:50:36 pm »

need a bit of help regarding NPC missions. the mouse guy that started with me in the shelter gave me a mission to find a "Religious Relic" or something like that. i've seen some religious books while exploring the outskirts of the nearest city but im not really sure what im supposed to give him to finish it. would one of those be enough or i have to find something else?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6592 on: August 22, 2019, 11:43:17 pm »

Stupid floating eyes.  Stare into your soul before they're barely even on screen, and can literally be anywhere.

And then from there its a random chance the run is over at that point.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6593 on: August 22, 2019, 11:45:22 pm »

*shrug* TBH given that the game has become quite punishing (and starting as my favored characters in previous times is no longer viable) I tend to cheat in a starting advantage to my taste. Afterwards I only tend to cheat to avoid YASDs.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6594 on: August 23, 2019, 12:17:16 am »

need a bit of help regarding NPC missions. the mouse guy that started with me in the shelter gave me a mission to find a "Religious Relic" or something like that. i've seen some religious books while exploring the outskirts of the nearest city but im not really sure what im supposed to give him to finish it. would one of those be enough or i have to find something else?
The specific item that mission wants is a small relic, iirc. Look for a large religious building.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6595 on: August 23, 2019, 12:29:25 am »

i see, guess these missions dont give a map marker unless its a very specific thing they need. thanks for the clarification.

well it doesnt matter since the daily zombie spawn finally got it right and put a fucking Zombie Soldier in our midst which rapidly got rid of my party of 2 just by dodging and killing the rat man. really sad end for us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6596 on: August 23, 2019, 02:33:54 am »

The specific item that mission wants is a small relic, iirc. Look for a large religious building.
I know its late to say this because he died but the small relic can also spawn in museums.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6597 on: August 23, 2019, 03:37:17 am »

go in the game after some time and found the mod "aftershock", how it changes the game?

and where is the sound??
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 04:01:12 am by teoleo »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6598 on: August 23, 2019, 09:30:02 am »

go in the game after some time and found the mod "aftershock", how it changes the game?

and where is the sound??

aftershock adds or enables some stuff, it also got merged with Blazemod which adds some extra stuff like a Goo based vehicle.

base game doesnt have sound files technically. you have to install the CDDA Soundpack from the launcher and select it in the options menu.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: August 23, 2019, 07:25:49 pm »

TFW you start in a church, survive the first day by finding some usefull stuff in the house next door without gaining the attention of the stickies and sleeping in the uppermost room only to find yourself having to abandon whatever you have setted up due to trying to find some needed skillbooks in a nearby Library and Bookstore. the temple got swarmed by the undead and couldnt make the way up so had to grab a nearby bike and carry all the knowledge outside the city.

after a long moment of finding how to dodge the hordes past midnight i found a Dairy Farm well out from the city and near the forest with some usefull supplies to start over again. Cows were aplenty but had to lock them in the barn because they are too snuggly (hope they dont die there, not sure how domestic animals work in this game), the road up north however is hell on all sides. a 9mm turret sitting in a blockade  a bit beyond the farm. 2 Mi-gos and a Kreck further north with an Autotank east of them and a C H I C K E N W A L K E R right north on the rest of the road past a military vehicle.

the road west of the city must be near a Fungal Tower/Bloom due to seeing  spore cloud so had to return. it seems going East is the only way around this spawning region. but first i have to eat all the books gathered and find a way to make a proper vehicle to abandon the farm.

Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 451