Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 794270 times)

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #6645 on: September 13, 2019, 04:14:17 am »

that's the thing with a massive open source title like this, a better weather system, and a host of other ideas could eventually be implemented

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: September 13, 2019, 12:09:12 pm »

We can surely allow non-pilot players to attempt to fly an apache helicopter, and crash and burn once theyve spent hours pressing random buttons in trial and error to get it to start.

I assume there is an instruction manual in the glove compartment.  Now, a non-pilot probably won't know what it means, but it's probably there.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: September 13, 2019, 01:14:36 pm »

Hello,

Is it possible to play this game with very few  "monsters", to focus my gameplay on crafting and easy/medium surviving, without the "zombies and worst, everywhere" part ?

What options or mods would that be ?

Thanks

You can set an option when generating a world that changes how many monsters spawn. Turn that down to 0.5 for half as many monsters or 0 for no monsters at all. I think that'll probably change how many animals and such spawn as well, so might not want to set it too low if you want to live off of hunting.
There's also multipliers for monster health and speed. Set the health lower and you should have an easier time killing whatever does show up.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6648 on: September 13, 2019, 01:36:54 pm »

There are options when you create the world to disallow different types of enemies. I think you can remove basically all kinds of monsters through there. Will post update after checking.
Love, scriver~

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6649 on: September 13, 2019, 02:38:01 pm »

Edit 2: Have they done something about the player owning 148+ different vehicles yet or do you still own every car you happen to loot a bag of chips from?

Well tbh, the player owning a vehicle dosnt mean much currently, as NPCs cant steal cars.
The only alternative to "I touched it, therefore I own it now" is to explicitly "claim ownership" of a vehicle through a menu option, which could be annoying, if we restricted ownership to those vehicles you'd only started the engine on for example, then that would exclude engine-less draggable "vehicles" and other annoying niche cases.

When vehicle ownership starts having more meaning, I may refine the point at which ownership applies.

Quick thought on vehicle ownership: I'd say it starts, by default, when a player moves the vehicle. That'd cut down on ownership of all of those busted vehicles the player just loots/tries out while still making it an automatic process. Also allows for easier ownership of shopping carts and the like.

Granted, it's not perfect, but I think it'd make a good baseline. Add in a menu option to specifically own/abandon a vehicle as well and that should give you a solid starting point.

When it gets to the point that it matters, of course.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: September 13, 2019, 05:06:27 pm »

We can surely allow non-pilot players to attempt to fly an apache helicopter, and crash and burn once theyve spent hours pressing random buttons in trial and error to get it to start.

I assume there is an instruction manual in the glove compartment.  Now, a non-pilot probably won't know what it means, but it's probably there.
They could experiment with gaining traits like that using the Skater trait. It's one of the most reasonable ones to get after sufficient practice.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: September 13, 2019, 07:55:16 pm »

In the Blacklist modlist when creating a world , there's a "No Monster" that remove all monsters but leave wildlife intact.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6652 on: September 14, 2019, 04:34:56 am »

In the Blacklist modlist when creating a world , there's a "No Monster" that remove all monsters but leave wildlife intact.
Rapture simulator 2019? Could be a fun chill challenge, just explore the remains of the world wondering why you're the only one left

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: September 14, 2019, 07:19:00 am »

You can aslo turn the random npc on if you want to meet some people too

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: September 14, 2019, 04:56:00 pm »

Discoveries of the day:
1. Mi-go are now hostile to nether critters.
2. The lowest level of the curious structure in arcana spawns mi-gos along with more mundane monsters.
3. Mi-gos actually stand a decent chance of killing everything else that might spawn...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: September 14, 2019, 07:03:05 pm »

#3 was news to you?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: September 14, 2019, 09:35:52 pm »

#3 was news to you?

Well, more that I assumed that the spirit of fire, having more HP than any vanilla monster and spamming fire shots, wouldn't be so easily pimpslapped...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: September 15, 2019, 01:38:59 pm »

Rapture simulator 2019? Could be a fun chill challenge, just explore the remains of the world wondering why you're the only one left
You can also activate the Dino Mod, and play Raptor simulator 2019.  I believe they're treated as wildlife, so they should still show up and play.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: September 15, 2019, 08:10:56 pm »

As far as I could tell, the dinosaurs were not treated as wildlife when I tried that. They were just as nonexistent as everything else.

I personally made a mod that got rid of all zombies. It makes prowling through cities way more mild, as unless your character is particularly skilled or well-equipped, zombies are honestly the biggest threats you have to deal with unless you straight up don't have cities at all. Honestly, it's a bit too quiet up until the other populations start spreading and moving in.
Nothing important here, move along.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: September 16, 2019, 06:28:11 am »

Is it possible to replace instead of remove monsters ?

replacing monsters with more or less aggressive animals could help to work around lack of challenge in cities.
Oh and doing a replace monsters with dinosaurs could be very fun (what i hoped the dino mod was doing, but in fact didn't at all)
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 451