Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 787345 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Old Cataclysm DDA thread is here.

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead

For those who are unaware, Cataclysm is a roguelike set in the post-apocalypse. There are zombies, but it is NOT a zombie game. And even the zombies aren't as they appear. You'll fight robots and giant worms, mutate and enhance yourself with cybernetics, and struggle to keep your hunger (and the wolves) at bay, all while uncovering the secret of why the world was really destroyed.

Welcome to the end.

You emerge from the shelter into the dim light of an overcast day, and look around for the first time since the disaster.

The world as you knew it is gone. A ruined world stands in its place, full of nightmares come to life. Nothing can ever go back to the way it was, before the Cataclysm, but you have to be strong. You have to survive. You have to persevere. If you don't, death will be one of the better outcomes.

Above your head, storm clouds gather, and the rain stings and hisses against your skin. You shoulder your backpack, and start walking. The world has gone to hell, but you get the sinking feeling that there are darker days ahead.

So, Cataclysm. Some of you may remember the original version. You may also remember that Whales isn't working on it anymore. No worries though, development is still going strong, led by Kevin Granade (or azmodean here on Bay12), with an active Github page.

Spoiler: Latest Changelog (0.C) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:37:41 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

PTW
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Ditto.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Quote from: New Feature
You can warm yourself up from a nearby fire.

So that's why I kept freezing at night. Is this version released now? The download link on the page is still for 0.B.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

Hmm. So the master branch on Github is where we get this version, right?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: New Feature
You can warm yourself up from a nearby fire.

So that's why I kept freezing at night. Is this version released now? The download link on the page is still for 0.B.
Not quite, but unless something huge comes up it should be hopefully going out sometime today or tomorrow last I knew (Though as always we reserve the right to delay it just a bit if something horrible happens :P). That said if the itch has you bad you can download the latest experimental versions from the main page. They are functionally identical to the planned .C release, with the only real differences being that they are still labeled "0.B" and a few of the translations aren't totally updated quite yet.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam

Might be time for me to get back into this with the new release and many changes since the last time it was my main game.
Also, thanks for an actual changelog, azmodean :)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Posting to watch.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Potatow
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

blazing glory

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

all aboard the PTW train!

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 01:09:33 am by Gamedragon »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Further small update on the release (now that I've asked around a bit more and teh communications have happened):
The 0.C release is just waiting on translations at this point. Depending on what translators say, we might have a few more days (possibly up to a week) before the actual release-release goes out. Alternatively if everyone responds with totally translated languages we might have something out tomorrow. Gameplay wise the current .B experimental is virtually identical to .C so if you aren't in a foreign language feel free to give it a bit of an early spin (or just feel THE HYPE of the changelog for the next few days).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 451