Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803139 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #240 on: March 11, 2015, 10:21:57 am »

It would give something for long-term characters to do other than farming.
But yea, the median survival time has to be in the double digit hours. Sure there are year-long plays, but there are hundreds of near instant deaths from improbable starts.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 11, 2015, 10:46:37 am »

Yes, I died to a wolf, after beating a zombie and a coyote to death. The latter hit me too often, which caused too much pain.

Edit: Found a bug I think. I respawned in the same location and the NPC thought I was the previous character and asked, if I had finished his mission.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:49:08 am by Rince Wind »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 11, 2015, 11:01:00 am »

Edit: Found a bug I think. I respawned in the same location and the NPC thought I was the previous character and asked, if I had finished his mission.

Same thing happened to me many times.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:46:39 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 11, 2015, 12:48:04 pm »

add some sound please  :O)

Sound is technically already possible. There used to be background music, but it seems to have been taken out at some point. I still have it, and just copy them over with the playlist .json every time I update. Even threw the Hellgondo theme music from MGQ into the playlist because it sounds pretty apocalyptic on it's own.

Given that a sound engine exists, it probably shouldn't be too hard to attatch sounds to events.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 11, 2015, 01:02:52 pm »

So many other things need to be added before sound is even considered. Proper working factions, for instance. If you really want sound, start adding it yourself.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 11, 2015, 01:19:45 pm »

add some sound please  :O)

Sound is technically already possible. There used to be background music, but it seems to have been taken out at some point. I still have it, and just copy them over with the playlist .json every time I update. Even threw the Hellgondo theme music from MGQ into the playlist because it sounds pretty apocalyptic on it's own.

Given that a sound engine exists, it probably shouldn't be too hard to attatch sounds to events.

I don't suppose that song is still available? I'm kinda curious about it.

Anyways, while we are on the topic of music, what songs do you guys/gals put on while playing?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 11, 2015, 01:21:16 pm »

Anyways, while we are on the topic of music, what songs do you guys/gals put on while playing?

Why, of course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC6A1ClltPw
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 11, 2015, 01:40:04 pm »

How viable is it to grab a military transport?  I took a jug of diesel, and one is in the road.  Is dielsel hard to get, or more efficient, or w.e.?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2015, 02:16:09 pm »

How viable is it to grab a military transport?  I took a jug of diesel, and one is in the road.  Is dielsel hard to get, or more efficient, or w.e.?

Diesel is in much shorter supply than gas. There is generally only one diesel pump per gas station and there are obviously less things to siphon from for it. I'm not sure about efficiency as I've never bothered with diesel. You're probably better off just slapping a gas engine on it.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 11, 2015, 02:44:59 pm »

I wonder if anyone bothered to add in the ability to use veggie oil in a diesel engine for fuel.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 11, 2015, 02:52:44 pm »

I wonder if anyone bothered to add in the ability to use veggie oil in a diesel engine for fuel.
You can actually turn corpses into Biodiesel. I recall a picture on Imgur that was basically five barges welded together, and powered by biodiesel. One of the barges was for the decomposition of corpses into the fuel.

Edit: Does the Monomolecular blade bionic count for fencing?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:10:23 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 11, 2015, 03:13:16 pm »

You can actually turn corpses into Biodiesel. I recall a picture on Imgur that was basically five barges welded together, and powered by biodiesel. One of the barges was for the decomposition of corpses into the fuel.
.....that is unbelievably hardcore and awesome. Doubly so if the barges have a way to mow down zombies, scoop them up and transport them to the decomposition chamber in an automated fashion.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 11, 2015, 03:27:57 pm »

You can make biodiesel via triffid (More specifically "Chunks of Veggie") if you have the skill.

The Monomolecular Blade CBM does not count for fencing.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 11, 2015, 03:39:21 pm »

.....that is unbelievably hardcore and awesome. Doubly so if the barges have a way to mow down zombies, scoop them up and transport them to the decomposition chamber in an automated fashion.
I believe the idea was you parked it at a dock, banged on some pots, the zombies shamble onto the boat, with you on an inaccessible catwalk above them, then they just kinda followed you to the pit where popped em in the head with a long stick and added lye.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 11, 2015, 04:13:08 pm »

Shouldn't diesel be much more efficient than regular gas? It could in theory be used for a long-running generator without the gas burden of a regular small engine, but the only diesel vehicles I've seen are military big-blocks (all with busted engines, so I can't test it myself).

Also yeah, the game doesn't need sound. I can always fire up a youtube playlist.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 451