Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 795187 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #270 on: March 12, 2015, 01:13:46 pm »

Didn't realize Hitchhikers don't start with shoes. Seems like that was it.
That, on the other hand, is probably a bug. :P I'll report that one if it hasn't been fixed yet in the experimental. Do note that our Hitchhikers are "the Hitchhikers Guid to the Galaxy" type of Hitchhikers, though, so they probably won't get any sort of fancy shoes.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:19:01 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 12, 2015, 01:24:50 pm »

Didn't realize Hitchhikers don't start with shoes. Seems like that was it.
That, on the other hand, is probably a bug. :P I'll report that one if it hasn't been fixed yet in the experimental. Do note that our Hitchhikers are "the Hitchhikers Guid to the Galaxy" type of Hitchhikers, though, so they probably won't get any sort of fancy shoes.

Indeed! I noticed the bathrobe, towel and book once I was in-game. I just missed the reference and it didn't even occur to me that a non-shower-victim wouldn't have at least sneakers. It's been... interestingly fatal... trying a hitchhiker/burning house start barefoot.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #272 on: March 12, 2015, 02:02:13 pm »

It is still amusing to me that 'Shotuguns: The art and science' and 'The homebrewer's bible' can be found in the school library.
I would be absolutely shocked if any library system (so not every library in a county/etc, but at least one of them) didn't have at least a few books about home-brewing, or about reloading. Well, maybe in some parts of Utah they wouldn't... but other than that, both subjects are a part of American heritage.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 12, 2015, 02:02:50 pm »

It is still amusing to me that 'Shotuguns: The art and science' and 'The homebrewer's bible' can be found in the school library.

I found 'To Serve Man' in a school library once, the one that teach you how to cook human flesh.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 12, 2015, 03:36:13 pm »

Does anyone else find it basically impossible to fight dogs and small game with melee weapons? I have a melee and bashing weapon skill of 3 and I still can't land a single hit on an injured dog. It's been coming up close, hitting me once, retreating, coming close, hitting me once, and so on and so forth for a good distance now, and I just can't hit the little bastard. Is this character just done for?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 12, 2015, 03:45:08 pm »

If you have any torso encumbrance, say, your starting winter jacket, take it off. Your effective combat skill level is your melee + weapon skill - your torse encumbrance, in practice. Against most zeds, once you have some weapon skill, you can safely wear a jacket and backpack and bomf them to death. Against something smaller and dodgier, the encumbrance is a lot more crippling.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 12, 2015, 03:47:06 pm »

I find waiting for dogs to get close and whacking them works great. But then, I found a mansion with a broadsword right after spawn.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 12, 2015, 03:49:05 pm »

I don't usually mess with the wildlife.  No reason to.  But I just shotgun pshoot the critters of the woods if they get in my way.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 12, 2015, 03:55:02 pm »

I've found that fast weapons like knives or your bare hands works well against fast enemies like dogs. Otherwise you might want to reduce your torso encumbrance like others said.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 12, 2015, 04:03:46 pm »

Turns out I was still wearing my blanket. Took it off and solved my problem quite handily.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 12, 2015, 04:37:56 pm »

Cloning Hitler fuhr medical research
FTFY
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 12, 2015, 06:40:13 pm »

Why are skeleton dogs so dodgy :(

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 12, 2015, 06:41:58 pm »

Why are skeleton dogs so dodgy :(

They are lighter/ faster than their living counterparts? You're aiming for less mass.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 12, 2015, 07:03:17 pm »

Why are skeleton dogs so doggy?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 12, 2015, 07:19:09 pm »

Why are skeleton dogs so doggy?
:P Exactly what I thought.

I can't seem to get the tile studio to do what I want. I'm trying to make it so the game will use the same texture for multiple objects but each time I save everything gets reverted back X(

Edit: And Hitler died to a giant wasp. Is there any reason why my forked spear kept being damaged? And how am I supposed to repair it?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 07:23:58 pm by FArgHalfnr »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 451