Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803060 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #1440 on: June 22, 2015, 11:49:28 pm »

Incase that's not just a remark, but a request, you pick up the water to drink it or fill a container. (decline to fill to drink directly)

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: June 23, 2015, 12:08:13 am »

Thanks for the help, I think my problem was I was standing on the toilet and not next to it.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 23, 2015, 08:07:00 am »

Thanks for the help, I think my problem was I was standing on the toilet and not next to it.
'g' should still work when standing on a toilet. It sounds like you're not using a number pad on your keyboard to move and interact. 5 will let you 'e'xamine the tile you're on.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1443 on: June 23, 2015, 09:48:34 am »

I am picturing a dying man standing quietly with his feet in the toilet, looking down at the fetid ankle-deep water in the bowl and wondering how to drink it.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 23, 2015, 08:07:01 pm »

Ok so it seems that the most recent versions of cataclysm are crashing for me every few minutes so could someone point me to a more stable version?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 23, 2015, 08:10:19 pm »

console 3339 is fine

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 23, 2015, 08:13:40 pm »

console 3339 is fine

Nope it crashes on me. Lots of errors when starting (Ex. "cannot find gunknife"). I have to press space a bunch of times. Then ti crashes, usually when I either die (seems only to zombies) or get near an NPC fighting something (not always).

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 23, 2015, 08:42:29 pm »

why did the mansion i was reading in spontaneously combust

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 23, 2015, 09:24:04 pm »

console 3339 is fine
Nope it crashes on me. Lots of errors when starting (Ex. "cannot find gunknife"). I have to press space a bunch of times. Then ti crashes, usually when I either die (seems only to zombies) or get near an NPC fighting something (not always).
Thats generally a sign of a JSON error. Are you running any mods or made any changes yourself?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 24, 2015, 02:38:07 am »

why did the mansion i was reading in spontaneously combust
Lightning maybe. Or you lit a fire in the building on mistake at some point in the past.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: June 24, 2015, 02:50:31 am »

Note: throwing Molotov Cocktails indoors is almost never a good idea. I'm not sure if that's your problem, but I thought it was worth mentioning as it has cost me a few characters.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 24, 2015, 05:39:38 am »

console 3339 is fine
Thats generally a sign of a JSON error. Are you running any mods or made any changes yourself?

If by mods then you mean the in-game add-ons like boats icecoons weapon packs and extra vehicle parts, then yes. If not, then no  haven't done anything.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 24, 2015, 06:29:03 am »

No errors with windows graphical 3339 for me. Have you installed it clean, or have you copied it over a previous version? Or carried something over from a previous version? (i.e. world map)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 24, 2015, 08:16:37 am »

console 3339 is fine

If by mods then you mean the in-game add-ons like boats icecoons weapon packs and extra vehicle parts, then yes. If not, then no  haven't done anything.

Boats, weapon pack, etc are mods. They are probably calling for something that recently got json'd. So you need to wait for those authors to update or disable those mods or migrate your person to a new world without those or just start over. Just like any other game you're kinda sorta version locked with any mods.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 24, 2015, 08:59:47 am »

IIRC people (myself included) have recently had trouble with the Animatronic Monsters mod, and I'm not sure if it's been fixed yet. I just go without mods in the experimentals exactly due to the bugginess.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 451