Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803047 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #1665 on: July 13, 2015, 10:53:12 am »

Those moosen have seen some serious shit. Their bloodlust dulls the pain of post-cataclysm existence.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: July 13, 2015, 11:28:46 am »

I think its just a case of lowering a stat...

If you are talking about animal empathy, he asked if there are different ways.

Also, does anyone else try to min max their guy? I've found going really bad day tweaker to be nearly impossible, so I stick to shower victim and can still reach 12 in each Stat and full positive traits. What do you guys do to min max? I always take fleetfooted, nightvision, and robust genetics.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: July 13, 2015, 11:31:20 am »

I was talking about lowering the aggression of moose. Theres one stat which affects aggression, or atleast that is what I am lead to understand from those who have messed with the code.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: July 13, 2015, 11:33:10 am »

I was talking about lowering the aggression of moose. Theres one stat which affects aggression, or atleast that is what I am lead to understand from those who have messed with the code.

O, that's interesting.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: July 13, 2015, 11:42:57 am »

I always ... nightvision
Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing the game?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: July 13, 2015, 11:58:16 am »

i take nightvision fairly often too... Its useful.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: July 13, 2015, 12:02:31 pm »

I only take night vision when I'm doing lab starts.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: July 13, 2015, 12:02:51 pm »

Also, does anyone else try to min max their guy? I've found going really bad day tweaker to be nearly impossible, so I stick to shower victim and can still reach 12 in each Stat and full positive traits. What do you guys do to min max? I always take fleetfooted, nightvision, and robust genetics.

Doesn't taking sheltered give you more points?  You start with zero in all skills though, which is fine with me.  But yeah, I always take those 3 perks as well.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: July 13, 2015, 12:07:28 pm »

Anyone else often take parkour expert, packmule, strong back, coupled with heavy sleeper, sleepy, and lightheaded?
Highly Opinionated Fool

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: July 13, 2015, 01:20:37 pm »

min-max:  Yeah lab start is SO tempting for the points.  I go Unwilling Mutant hi stats (max str and int, 10+ dex, try for 9-10 percep)/no skills,  robust genetics, nightvision.  Quickness usually if I can afford it.  Cannibal or stylish is handy for labs, but nowhere near vital, or I might try to squeeze in a martial art to experiment with.   Non-lab  yeah I pretty often go with shower victim.   Broken Android is one more point and not TOO bad if you focus on getting the bad stuff out, but it *is* a lot more hassle for 1 damn point.   Infected is kind of fun once in a while, there's some real urgency.  Really Bad Day is just a bit too much, and as a min-maxer it's only 1 more point than the lab so not really worth the stress except as a challenge, and it's the kind I really don't enjoy that much (holing up for days to get rid of addictions)

My go-to negs are  heavy sleeper, insomniac, poor hearing, lactose intol, trigger happy, junk food intol, truth teller, addictive personality, weak stomach, glass jaw, wool allergy, wheat allergy roughly in order.   ED:  Oh yeah farsighted, lightweight, slow healer, thin skinned aren't TOO burdensome either, although slow healer can be a drag if you get some bad luck in the lab start and the food starts to spoil, but I've been kind of lax on using bandages.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:30:51 pm by gimlet »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: July 13, 2015, 01:32:57 pm »

Dear lord, you bumped up the buff/debuff limit, diddent you?
Highly Opinionated Fool

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: July 13, 2015, 01:46:56 pm »

I do that sometimes, mainly so I can try out a martial art, but usually I don't take everything out of the lists, those are just the ones I don't mind too much.

ED: Or you might not realize just HOW many points you get with Lab start + Unwilling Mutant, it's pretty sweet.....
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:54:03 pm by gimlet »

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: July 13, 2015, 02:22:39 pm »

Yeah I don't understand your dig, I dl'd a fresh copy to make sure I didn't have any weird settings.  Even on Evacuee I could make a 14/10/14/10 with Night Vision and Robust Genetics Hitchhiker (my fav over Shower Victim because the housecoat, sucky as it is, provides *just* enough additional storage to ease some frustration hauling stuff around at the beginning).

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: July 13, 2015, 02:38:17 pm »

I bump up the buff/debuff limit by about 3-5 when I play at 10x zombie spawn.  I feel like that's a fair trade off.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: July 13, 2015, 05:46:38 pm »

I usually take jittery, lightweight, addiction prone, and fast metabolism.  Lately I've also been taking glass jaw.

Lightweight and addiction prone are basically free points to me because it seems I got the whole anti drug message so thoroughly ingrained into my head by D.A.R.E. that I won't even take major drugs in a videogame.  Hell I'll usually even avoid alcohol ingame, but that's more because I know I can make on demand firebombs with it.

I take jittery pretty much just because that's an issue I myself have, and if I'm doing things right I won't ever be in a situation when it actually procs in a dangerous situation.  And fast metabolism because I usually end up with more food than I know what to do with, may as well get some points for it.

Glass jaw is there because if I'm taking enough damage where it can kill me it would have jumped my pain high enough that I would be basically comatose already.  Glass jaw just gets it over with faster.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 451