Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 794498 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #1770 on: July 22, 2015, 02:16:15 pm »

You can open the lab from the outside...

I know that means nothing getting out, but it lets you get back in for those CBMs.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: July 22, 2015, 07:00:29 pm »

Whatcha do is raid the bottom of the lab to get some mini-nukes. Those will get you outta there nicely.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: July 22, 2015, 10:25:45 pm »

Is the player outpost additions by Acidia in yet?
No, he disappeared again, I can only assume he got a bad case of the "working" again. :/
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: July 23, 2015, 12:32:26 am »

What is the difference between purifier and purifier serum?

Also, has the safe mode spam been fixed yet? I can appreciate the second warning after ignoring something when it is getting closer, but I don't need a third or forth, especially 2 turns after ignoring it for the second time, and I don't need it to forget that I ignored it every time it disappears behind a tree for one turn. And for some reason, it has no problem remembering that I ignored the really dangerous things that are hiding around a building corner. The safe-mode was fine before. I don't get why it was changed.

Also also, it seems that enemies can shoot around corners? I have no line of sight on things but they can still shoot me. It explains my problem with turrets. They seem to know I'm there before I know they are there.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: July 23, 2015, 01:20:06 am »

Serum is 3 or 4 doses of X concentrated in one injection. Mutagen and purifier, both.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: July 23, 2015, 03:11:54 am »

Serum is 3 or 4 doses of X concentrated in one injection. Mutagen and purifier, both.

So purifier will remove 4 mutations, and purifier serum will remove at least 12? Is that what you are telling me?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: July 23, 2015, 05:46:52 am »

So purifier will remove 4 mutations, and purifier serum will remove at least 12? Is that what you are telling me?

I've never actually tried it when I had that many, so I'm not sure of the exact range. It should be several, though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: July 23, 2015, 06:45:59 am »

So after playing latest experimental, I must say I'm taking constantly hits to head. Like half of the hits I take are to head, surely this is not intended? This is from ordinary zombies, not any elite enemies that might plausible be aiming their attacks.

Stamina is a nice addition, but is it a player-only thing?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: July 23, 2015, 06:53:45 am »

@Most hits aim for the head:
Rebuttal: Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains.
Descan wins! Flawless victory!
Click the quote links for the full conversation.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: July 23, 2015, 07:00:37 am »

It is not about zeds aiming for head; it is about it being quite difficult to hit the head. In close combat, unless the target is surprised or something, most damage will go to arms - defensive wounds and all that, people instinctively try to defend themselves. Yeah, we got blocks and parries, but those are defense that actually succeeds somewhat - it is possible to stop a strike so it fucks up your arm, so effectively is not really a block, but prevents the attack from hitting your head.

Anyway, I think together with the encumbrance changes, this might make close combat a little too difficult. Taking one ordinary zed head to head should be a realistic possibility for a skilled fighter without significant danger. Now I'm getting constant head hits as a black belt... together with encumbrance it means I run around wearing nothing but a motorcycle helmet. Call me Boba Fett. 

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: July 23, 2015, 08:01:06 am »

Are poop physics in yet?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: July 23, 2015, 02:11:59 pm »

It is not about zeds aiming for head; it is about it being quite difficult to hit the head. In close combat, unless the target is surprised or something, most damage will go to arms - defensive wounds and all that, people instinctively try to defend themselves. Yeah, we got blocks and parries, but those are defense that actually succeeds somewhat - it is possible to stop a strike so it fucks up your arm, so effectively is not really a block, but prevents the attack from hitting your head.
Er, you sort of described the exact thing you were saying does not exist. In close combat against a skilled fighter, any attacks will tend to hit arms - not because the attacks are aimed at arms, but because the fighter interposes his arms to protect his vitals - torso and head. Conversely, most attacks will aim to hit said vitals, so it makes sense that if you aren't blocking, the attacks will all hit there.

To take no damage from an attack, you evade the attack, dodge. If you block, you just redistribute damage - unless you have something hard to block with, like a shield or armguards.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: July 23, 2015, 03:22:10 pm »

So. Just throwing this idea out there for people who can actually manage to code this game, midget trait.

Because sometimes you just want to be a gimp-suited midget going after zombie legs with a butcher knife. At least if you're me.

No idea what effects it could/should/would have, if any at all; maybe make you harder to hit but you get hit in the head more often? I know I can just pretend to be a midget, but it's just not the same. Plus people wouldn't know if they saw a picture of my stat screen.

(And before anyone says add it yourself, I've tried that. Compiling under windows is a clusterfuck that I could never get to work.)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: July 23, 2015, 04:48:37 pm »

Redistribute the hit policies as a midget. Keep the current always-get-hit-in-the-head, but be as hard to hit as a Z-kid. Also yeah, make it so you strike legs more instead of arms. You can still stab them in the crotch and that's torso so that won't change :P

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: July 23, 2015, 04:56:06 pm »

Er, you sort of described the exact thing you were saying does not exist. In close combat against a skilled fighter, any attacks will tend to hit arms - not because the attacks are aimed at arms, but because the fighter interposes his arms to protect his vitals - torso and head. Conversely, most attacks will aim to hit said vitals, so it makes sense that if you aren't blocking, the attacks will all hit there.

To take no damage from an attack, you evade the attack, dodge. If you block, you just redistribute damage - unless you have something hard to block with, like a shield or armguards.
And this is why ballistic masks are king. Winter survivor starts were hilarious for me because the full survivor armor let you wade through most of the weaker enemies without taking any damage at all if you found a strong mask. You're practically unkillable until the mask shatters and falls off your face or you meet a zombie brute.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 451