Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 794803 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #1785 on: July 24, 2015, 04:27:52 am »

I'd like to re-ask my question but the difference between purifier and purifier serum, and also mention that I think lit charcoal kilns can be used as an infinite light source. They seem to stay lit for forever until you put them out.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: July 24, 2015, 04:37:06 am »

Er, you sort of described the exact thing you were saying does not exist. In close combat against a skilled fighter, any attacks will tend to hit arms - not because the attacks are aimed at arms, but because the fighter interposes his arms to protect his vitals - torso and head. Conversely, most attacks will aim to hit said vitals, so it makes sense that if you aren't blocking, the attacks will all hit there.

To take no damage from an attack, you evade the attack, dodge. If you block, you just redistribute damage - unless you have something hard to block with, like a shield or armguards.

The point is that you can get failed blocks that hit your arms/hands in full force without mitigating damage, while a proper block/parry redistributes the force of the attack. (I don't know if it works like this in the game, but it should.) In game terms, this would mean more hits to the arms than the head, abstracting those failed blocks/parries. In game terms, this might still lead into an actual in-game block/parry which has different result than just an attack hitting the arm/hand.

Instead now it seems that there are equal amount of head hits to arm hits, which is just plain wrong. Although if you want to support black belts running around naked wearing motorcycle helmets, then it is working just as intended. :D

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: July 24, 2015, 11:51:41 am »

I'd like to re-ask my question but the difference between purifier and purifier serum, and also mention that I think lit charcoal kilns can be used as an infinite light source. They seem to stay lit for forever until you put them out.
There is a wiki.

But basically, purifier will get rid of your mutations, while purifier serum needs a syringe and will get rid of MORE of your mutations, while also causing horrible horrible pain. (so make sure you have supplies to recover!)

Same for mutagen and mutagen serum.

Serum is basically just "Mutagen Plus!", with added requirements of a syringe and horrible agonizing pain!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: July 24, 2015, 12:30:53 pm »

Serums (both types) also cause hunger in addition to the serious pain. Only use them when you are in a safe location with a decent supply of food.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: July 24, 2015, 12:45:30 pm »

There is a wiki.
The wiki is sadly incomplete, I think. Unless someone went updating it recently.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: July 24, 2015, 12:53:10 pm »

The Item Browser is a far more useful resource at this point, and because it auto-updates already it would be a lot easier to keep current, but it's missing a lot of information as well, mostly relating to game mechanics like weather and illness.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 12:59:09 pm by TheBronzePickle »
Nothing important here, move along.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: July 24, 2015, 04:26:53 pm »

Serum is basically just "Mutagen Plus!", with added requirements of a syringe and horrible agonizing pain!
IIRC it's also required if you ever actually want to breach a threshold instead of just getting strange dreams at night.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: July 24, 2015, 04:50:40 pm »

Yes, but there is also the generic mutagenic serum, I think he referred to that one.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: July 24, 2015, 05:01:33 pm »

I recently got 'Stem Cell treatment' in a hospital, and died later. It put me upwards of 160 in terms of pain. What does it do?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: July 24, 2015, 05:02:52 pm »

Mends all your bones I think.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: July 24, 2015, 05:22:15 pm »

More specifically, it allows crippled limbs to heal within minutes, as opposed to the weeks it would take with splints and bedrest. Of course, it would probably be helpful if the game conveyed what Mr Stem actually does before you used it...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: July 24, 2015, 05:33:30 pm »

It has an occasional chance to cause.. Issues.

blazing glory

« Reply #1797 on: July 25, 2015, 07:01:21 pm »

Checking out a survivor house, most of them are pretty silly but this....

Just tell me, who in their right mind, throws a primed landmine down the toilet?

Seriously, it's far more likely to blow up someone who wants to take a dump rather then stop the monsters.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: July 25, 2015, 07:07:52 pm »

Its more useful than a tripwire in the oven.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: July 25, 2015, 07:22:26 pm »

Ahh the Claymore Bidet, good times!
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 451