Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 794686 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2895 on: February 06, 2016, 07:12:49 pm »

Unless something is changed, I've actually managed to get into Gun stores perfectly fine with 5 improvised lockpicks and no real skill, just try again and again and it'll eventually open.
Don't they have barred shop windows and metal doors now? Well, some of them have metal doors, but then the guns are behind barred windows.
Again, unless something changed then your lockpicks'll get past the metal door at the front easily, if the layout is the same then you're free to grab stuff off the racks after that.
Lockpicks don't work on metal doors.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: February 06, 2016, 07:14:49 pm »

That sounds really stupid.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: February 06, 2016, 07:58:11 pm »

Yeah, I've been places where I had to be buzzed into a McDonald's ffs. It doesn't surprise me at all during such a civil uproar that gun stores wouldn't want pickable locks...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: February 06, 2016, 09:16:10 pm »

Unless something is changed, I've actually managed to get into Gun stores perfectly fine with 5 improvised lockpicks and no real skill, just try again and again and it'll eventually open.
Don't they have barred shop windows and metal doors now? Well, some of them have metal doors, but then the guns are behind barred windows.
Again, unless something changed then your lockpicks'll get past the metal door at the front easily, if the layout is the same then you're free to grab stuff off the racks after that.
Lockpicks don't work on metal doors.

I literally just picked a metal door on a gun shop. I am using the latest experimental and have always picked metal doors on gun shops.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: February 06, 2016, 10:14:07 pm »

Hm. I guess it's been changed from the version I'm playing. :v

EDIT: Although that still serves the purpose of making it impossible to break into gun stores right off of the bat--it's hard to pick a lock with a bunch of zombies you can't fight yet after you.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:16:23 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: February 06, 2016, 11:26:29 pm »

There appear to be two types of metal doors on gunstores. Ones that can be picked that are on most, and are partially around for some shops, and ones that are the things from labs and bunkers, which cant be hacked or, I think, deconstructed.

Which makes things interesting.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: February 07, 2016, 12:16:06 am »

Unless it's changed, bank vault doors and pharmacy storage rooms are also metal and non-deconstructable. Jackhammers worked fine last I tried.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: February 07, 2016, 02:07:29 am »

If its unpickable then it should be vulnerable to electrohacks. I mean, there has to be some method of getting in. A keypad or card scanner or something that someone with sufficient knowledge/tools could bypass.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: February 07, 2016, 02:46:12 pm »

A mininuke may be a functional lockpick.

It's also possible that it might be a wifi access door.  The ones that have no keyhole, no numberpad or anything like that, but open on receiving a certain code on a certain radio (or wifi) frequency.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: February 07, 2016, 05:40:52 pm »

The mininuke will just pick all of the locks in a certain area. :P

EDIT: Side effects may include nausea, dizziness, temporary blindness, combustion, internal bleeding, internal hemorrhaging, explosive diarrhea, heartburn, sudden internal organ collapse, heart palpitations, swelling, itching, deafness, snoring, external bleeding, rapid fat loss, rapid fat loss due to burning fat, muscle deterioration, sudden perforation of skull, inability to throw mininuke, diabetes, sudden inflation, rapid inflation, prolonged inflation, creation of wallpaper (not lickable), and death.

EDIT 2: Other symptoms include feeling reminiscent of the Trash Can Man from The Stand
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:51:41 pm by Nullsrc »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: February 07, 2016, 05:54:58 pm »

The anvil is MY lockpicking tool of choice. 40 bash damage per hit can pick almost any lock. And when you think about it, anything is a lock. Hulks, turrets, crafting recipes. The anvil unlocks them all.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2906 on: February 07, 2016, 06:07:41 pm »

The anvil is MY lockpicking tool of choice. 40 bash damage per hit can pick almost any lock. And when you think about it, anything is a lock. Hulks, turrets, crafting recipes. The anvil unlocks them all.
Assuming reinforcement didn't change, did you know that if you improve it using the soldering iron, you can make the bash damage ratings reach even more ludicrous levels?

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: February 07, 2016, 06:22:02 pm »

I like how our suggestions for removing locks involve the two things on the opposite ends of the scale. Stealthy lockpicks OR high explosive ordinance.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: February 07, 2016, 07:32:11 pm »

Assuming reinforcement didn't change, did you know that if you improve it using the soldering iron, you can make the bash damage ratings reach even more ludicrous levels?

Yep. Who needs a jackhammer? :P
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: February 08, 2016, 01:25:20 am »

I don't like using loud/damaging stuff as that tends to set off some very annoying security features.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 451