Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 795418 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2910 on: February 08, 2016, 02:16:26 am »

I always used cars as my lockpicks.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: February 08, 2016, 04:12:59 am »

I always used cars as my lockpicks.
"I keep my lockpick in my car, because it's a bit heavy and... car-shaped. <_<"
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Crazy Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: February 08, 2016, 07:30:36 am »

Well, I just kicked my addiction to crack so I feel like I've won the game. It wasn't as tramuatic as I thought it would be. Just waited in a blanket and drank from a toilet. I did get kicked in the head by no less than two moose, those things are absolute demons.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: February 08, 2016, 09:56:18 pm »

I did get kicked in the head by no less than two moose, those things are absolute demons.

Speaking as a Canadian with rural parents, this is completely realistic[Minus you surviving the moose attack, that is]. Moose do stuff like attack cars unprovoked, usually coming off with less damage in the end. Do not fuck with moose or moose will fuck you up.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2914 on: February 08, 2016, 09:58:39 pm »

moose op pls nerf
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: February 08, 2016, 10:14:32 pm »

To nerf moose IG you must first nerf moose IRL.

I'll start writing the eulogies.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: February 08, 2016, 10:23:36 pm »

Just got eaten by a pack of wolves again. They're one of my most frequent death causes, if you exclude Mi-Go, Smokers and an accidental explosion i caused on the mall by throwing a molotov cocktail (???). I've been playing this game for some weeks when i have time and so far i'm having tons of fun.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: February 08, 2016, 10:41:43 pm »

*rolls new character* *picks random profession* *leaves stats all 8's and skills all 0's* *smashes locker, grabs rock, makes makeshift crowbar* *goes outside, wanders around looking for mi-go* *eventually finds one, beats to death with makeshift crowbar*

Yeah. Not seeing the problem here. Unless you were too encumbered or you were crippled from pain/cold I don't see what the problem is. Just make sure you drop your backpack and emergency jacket or whatever and kill the damn thing.

You're either lying or using a modded (outside of the standard mods) game.

Mi-Go have such obscene speed that you can't kill them with a starting character with 0 skills and base stats. Firearms are the best bet, with thick armor if you're using melee.

In fact, Mi-Go are the only thing I've gotten irritated with in Cataclysm. I'm never one to bitch about a hardcore game, but it's a little silly. Even worse, you can't turn them off by default. I've since made a "No Mi-Go" mod, but still.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: February 08, 2016, 10:50:00 pm »

*rolls new character* *picks random profession* *leaves stats all 8's and skills all 0's* *smashes locker, grabs rock, makes makeshift crowbar* *goes outside, wanders around looking for mi-go* *eventually finds one, beats to death with makeshift crowbar*

Yeah. Not seeing the problem here. Unless you were too encumbered or you were crippled from pain/cold I don't see what the problem is. Just make sure you drop your backpack and emergency jacket or whatever and kill the damn thing.

Mi-Go have such obscene speed that you can't kill them with a starting character with 0 skills and base stats. Firearms are the best bet, with thick armor if you're using melee.

In fact, Mi-Go are the only thing I've gotten irritated with in Cataclysm. I'm never one to bitch about a hardcore game, but it's a little silly. Even worse, you can't turn them off by default. I've since made a "No Mi-Go" mod, but still.
Mi-Go are the worse! Well, at least for me, i'm still quite a noob. But they're very fast and won't ever give up chasing on you. Just imagine starting a new character, walking a few blocks around the city searching for some supplies and BOOM, a Mi-Go! And that's it! You're pretty much dead!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2919 on: February 08, 2016, 10:57:16 pm »

I've never found Mi-go to be particularly threatening? Admittedly I jack up character creation points a fair bit so maybe I can't tell.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: February 09, 2016, 12:27:56 am »

Can you share that no mi-go mod?

freeze

• Bay Watcher
  • nominal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: February 09, 2016, 01:14:28 am »

It's certainly possible and a makeshift crowbar is a good choice. I'd use bushes over a windowsill though, you'll probably need to beat on it for a while. Run mode is like, get out of jail, free, forever, man.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: February 09, 2016, 01:27:30 am »

I did a run of this a couple weeks ago, basically made a martial-arts master and roamed around the starting spot killing everything with Krav Maga.  Eventually quit while trying to sleep in a nearby house but being too cold, and also it was completely dark.  Kinda tedious...

I love this game for the stories people find with it, and it's impressive depth.  I want to try again, more seriously this time, finding proper layers and making a fire and such.

But, surely any melee fight is a flirtation with the RNG?  I assume it's safer to go with... spears, or bow and arrow?  I wasn't caught up with this thread until very recently (due to the OOCQ quotes thread) so I have no idea about the current meta.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: February 09, 2016, 01:38:26 am »

Iunno, everything's generally reliable if you pick your fights.
thincake

freeze

• Bay Watcher
  • nominal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: February 09, 2016, 01:41:08 am »

Using the (cheap) tactic i described (and plenty of patience, and yes, tedium) the mi-go will never get an attack off. Also, melee skill gives slightly more than 1% chance to hit per level, last time i checked.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 451