Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 799980 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3570 on: July 06, 2016, 09:33:51 am »

yea.

driving skill makes turning take longer and may may you turn too far
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: July 06, 2016, 10:09:55 pm »

So uhhh, if you happen to run across two zombie necromancers directly adjacent to one another, they will raise eachother from the dead. Hilarity can ensue if you can't kill them faster than they can resurrect the other.

On the plus side, free combat xp's!

(there are ways around this, but still, it is a bit silly. Might want to give their ability a notable cooldown or something)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: July 07, 2016, 12:29:15 am »

Don't reanimating zombies retain their corpse damage? Even if you can't pulp one of the necromancers fast enough, you should be able to resume it after you kill it again.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: July 07, 2016, 12:39:42 am »

Not sure myself, as I had wandering hordes on and smashing takes a lot of time and noise, so I opted to just nearly kill one, kill the other, then lovetap the first.

Like I said, there are ways around it. It's just a rather silly thing that can crop up rarely.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: July 07, 2016, 12:52:35 am »

I'd just make necromancers unable to raise necromancers, because entropy.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: July 07, 2016, 04:24:48 am »

you actually can, by giving necros the no_necro flag
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: July 07, 2016, 01:50:35 pm »

So. Pneumatic Bolt driver does beat chicken walker is you make good use of running to pop out of cover and take snapshots. Explosion still hurts though.

Might I suggest making robots only have a chance to explode when they die, and/or reducing the radius of the explosion? Unless they're purposely rigged to blow on being disabled. In which case maybe they should say they're self destructing and give a countdown (most were designed to work with friendly soldiers and in civilian areas after all)

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: July 07, 2016, 03:31:27 pm »

I find it really distracting while trying to drive - never had a problem in the old system, even when I'm zooming along at high speeds with low driving skill, but these weird time-skip turns are completely throwing me off. Think I'm gonna be traveling on foot until it's fixed.

Kanye West has the solution for the new system.

I think it's fine. Just takes a little more getting used to, and more caution.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: July 07, 2016, 08:25:33 pm »

If that's what it's actually doing I kinda like it.  It's not so much turning the wheel so fast that time stops (as I don't think the car will actually turn until the next movement in my experience), more along the lines of you are skilled enough now that you can turn the wheel far faster now than you could as a novice. and the 'free turns' is really the only way to show that without you just turning tighter than you intended at random..

Think of it more as a first time driver turning the wheel and shuffling their hands along the steering wheel to turn.  While an experienced driver can quickly turn by releasing one hand and doing a sorta leapfrog motion on the wheel. The faster turning of the wheel equates to more turn actions being doable within a single 100 heartbeats. 

Even higher driving skill likely gets even tighter turning by assuming things like a professional driver doing U turns with skilled handbrake useage without the player having to actually use the handbrake.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: July 11, 2016, 02:03:27 pm »

So I killed an acidic zombie and took 0 damage, but then smashing the corpse to stop it from raising splashed me with enough acid to bring both legs down to half yellow. Not cool. Normally I would have just lit it on fire to be safe, but sadly this was a brand new character with no means of making a fire.

Think acid may be a bit too lethal. I'd suggest adding more pain, but little actual damage. As it is, my character had two legs melted half off by random small splashes of acid, but only took 5 pain.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: July 11, 2016, 03:03:52 pm »

Acid on your feet has always hurt like a bugger.  Add to that that it takes time to smash a corpse.  Its not a 6 secodn task, and standing in acid for minutes at a time is bad for your health.

PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: July 11, 2016, 03:37:48 pm »

I just use the mod that turns the damn things off. IMO acidic zombies and spitters don't add any legitimate challenge, just minor annoyances and tedium.

Also yeah don't smash corpses. I used to do that, but when they added stamina smashing stuff turned into a huge stamina drain. Not to mention that it levels survival, and if your weapon is sharp enough and your skill high enough it's potentially faster to disable bodies than using all but the strongest bashing weapons. never mind haha
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:06:33 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: July 12, 2016, 07:45:12 am »

Sorry for doublepost; I finally downloaded the newest experimental. Why is scrolling through the crafting list so freaking slow?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: July 13, 2016, 03:40:11 pm »

I've just found a covered well near a campsite in the woods but i can't seem to be able to pry it open or do anything to it really, anyone came across this?
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 451