Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803205 times)

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3780 on: September 30, 2016, 04:37:56 pm »

I was playing cataclysm and in the middle of no-where i found a huge pile of rubble with something called "whispering beads" in the middle. What is going on here? ???
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: September 30, 2016, 04:43:01 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: September 30, 2016, 04:49:25 pm »

okay, so, I lucked out as long as I don't go anywhere near it.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: September 30, 2016, 05:03:51 pm »

I have another question, how do i remove faulty bionics? The wiki says that you hit -, but that just closes the bionics screen for me. If it's important, I'm using the mac stable build.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: September 30, 2016, 05:32:24 pm »

It's experimental only, unfortunately.

People are always talking about how the stable and experimental builds need to be renamed, because "stable" isn't really indicative of what they are. They're more like official releases. Experimental, meanwhile, is more like "latest" or something.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: September 30, 2016, 06:04:23 pm »

They sometimes do useful things, often with a drawback. For instance, I found one that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: September 30, 2016, 06:07:57 pm »

Wow,  3 or 4 worlds later, I spawn, do my usual starting stuff, walk outside and BAM: A humming lamp(3). I'm so blessed by the Rng. Course, i died last time from going to a sewage treatment plant going down the stairs, and falling into a giant pit of lava.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 06:09:37 pm by HugeNerdAndProudOfIt »

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: September 30, 2016, 06:20:07 pm »

Same world, Walk into a house. Bam: itchy lamp

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: September 30, 2016, 11:34:19 pm »

I had a staff one time that gave me Clairvoyance, basically see everything everything at max sight range like it's daylight. The downside was... it rattled occasionally.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: October 01, 2016, 12:47:09 am »

Selling your soul to Cthulu is not like selling it to satan; with satan it's a massive advantage in exchange for a massive disadvantage later. With Cthulhu, what happens doesn't really make sense in terms of good or bad, things just happen.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: October 01, 2016, 01:01:19 am »

Selling your soul to Cthulu is not like selling it to satan; with satan it's a massive advantage in exchange for a massive disadvantage later. With Cthulhu, what happens doesn't really make sense in terms of good or bad, things just happen.

The Lovecraftian gods bargain. In fact the weirdest thing about them is that they don't always play the bad guy... They can play nice, though usually in alternate forms (my theory is these alternate forms are like entirely different personalities that make up the whole... my second is they don't care about humanity so why not?).

Though one HUUUUUGE difference between Satan and the Lovecraftian gods is simple: Satan has to keep his promise and can only affect you if you agree (so to speak).

Cthulhu can lie and can force you.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: October 01, 2016, 02:06:17 am »

I had a staff one time that gave me Clairvoyance, basically see everything everything at max sight range like it's daylight. The downside was... it rattled occasionally.

I had one many versions ago that was a rechargeable staff of fireballs. I don't know what the downside was, but I pretty much beat the game in that playthrough, so it mustn't have been too bad.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: October 01, 2016, 09:12:53 am »

Having some real survival issues recently. I'm in the winter of my second year and the amounts of dangerous zombies has gone insane. I can't fight anything more than a hungry zombie, and zombie horses are guaranteed to splatter me all over the door of my truck before I can start it.

I'd set up camp somewhere to build up weapons (not that I need it, my car is literally a moving lab/factory/5 star restaurant/zombie shredder) but I can't stay anywhere longer than a day. I've had to go days without food because every time I stop to fish or forage, I get overwhelmed by every zombie type imaginable. I'm practically living off multivitamins and aspirin at this point.

Also as a side note: Is asthma meant to actually be dangerous? I was worried that I'd suffocate when my inhaler ran out, but that was almost a year ago. Now it just wakes me up a few times a night and doesn't seem to do much else.

was this supposed to be a bug report or complaint?  im pk of pk_rebalancing.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: October 01, 2016, 09:14:16 am »

Having some real survival issues recently. I'm in the winter of my second year and the amounts of dangerous zombies has gone insane. I can't fight anything more than a hungry zombie, and zombie horses are guaranteed to splatter me all over the door of my truck before I can start it.

I'd set up camp somewhere to build up weapons (not that I need it, my car is literally a moving lab/factory/5 star restaurant/zombie shredder) but I can't stay anywhere longer than a day. I've had to go days without food because every time I stop to fish or forage, I get overwhelmed by every zombie type imaginable. I'm practically living off multivitamins and aspirin at this point.

Also as a side note: Is asthma meant to actually be dangerous? I was worried that I'd suffocate when my inhaler ran out, but that was almost a year ago. Now it just wakes me up a few times a night and doesn't seem to do much else.

was this supposed to be a bug report or complaint?  im pk of pk_rebalancing.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: October 01, 2016, 09:50:08 am »

Which part? Most of it was just a comment on the difficulty and the weirdness of asthma.

The difficult is a little extreme but It's not so terrible that I can't play. Spiked plating and a heavy crossbow do most of the work, but camping anywhere except my car is a no-no.

As for the asthma, I read on the wiki could kill you, but I've yet to really see any negative side effects other than the mentioned waking up ten times a night, which happens with an inhaler anyway. Doesn't seem to have any other effect and just goes away on its own without an inhaler.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 451