Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803272 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4035 on: October 28, 2016, 11:52:41 am »

This is probably a stupid question since I don't know any code outside of old ancient BASIC. But one of the big gripes I have about z levels is how the old non z-level buildings have no roof.

Wouldn't it be possible to have the game see if a building lacks a roof layer and just check for walls and tiles with the roof or ceiling flag that prevents it from raining on those tiles, and just generate a basic flat roof on the floor above those?

EDIT: I mean yea, I'm sure there is a reason why it wouldn't work or else it would have been done already, I'm just kinda curious why it does not.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 11:55:01 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: October 28, 2016, 01:20:51 pm »

I guess it could, but the current system relies on the floor to assign a roof to it, and those rooves are limited to a few hardcoded types (i.e. a concrete roof or a 'floor' roof.)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: October 30, 2016, 05:04:32 pm »

Is it me, or does smoking marijuana with a pipe, or smoking a joint guarantuee falling asleep when needed? It never failed me whenever I needed to go to sleep before the tired debuff shows up onscreen. I haven't tried it with the insomnia trait though.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: November 01, 2016, 01:12:39 am »

So I've been using goo canisters to ward off manhacks and such in a lab challenge and... I have a request.

When you 'e' a friendly blob can you make it so we can.... hug it...

A ... head?pat is also an acceptable alternative.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: November 01, 2016, 05:45:10 am »

Is it me, or does smoking marijuana with a pipe, or smoking a joint guarantuee falling asleep when needed? It never failed me whenever I needed to go to sleep before the tired debuff shows up onscreen. I haven't tried it with the insomnia trait though.
I usually use cough drugs for that.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: November 01, 2016, 07:33:45 am »

So I've been using goo canisters to ward off manhacks and such in a lab challenge and... I have a request.

To add on to this, maybe we should have more non-drug non-book recreational activities :P

Like swimming! Or model cars. Because honestly, it feels kinda weird that there's apparently no model car kits in new england.

doitfortherp

EDIT: Spelled Car in an accent. Is fixed now :P
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:22:52 am by Iceblaster »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: November 01, 2016, 10:12:29 am »

I misread that last bit at first and was amazed at humanity's ability to make anything sexy.

I still love checking this thread after the emotions threads and being briefly confused.  Sometimes it fits too well.  Sign of a good (or at least expansive) simulator.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: November 01, 2016, 08:29:45 pm »

I misread that last bit at first and was amazed at humanity's ability to make anything sexy.
after talking with the person i'm dating right now, i am not amazed
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: November 02, 2016, 08:04:49 am »

after talking with the person i'm dating right now, i am not amazed

D'aaaaaaaw.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: November 02, 2016, 01:41:22 pm »

i'm not joking, they're a huuuuuge robofucker

their giggleparts tingle at starscream, rodimus prime, and megatron
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: November 02, 2016, 02:01:17 pm »

is rodimus prime a penis joke?  or a real thing?  is this going back to creating th robodildo?

Eroticus Prime
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: November 02, 2016, 02:25:26 pm »

a real thing

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: November 02, 2016, 03:24:47 pm »

To add on to this, maybe we should have more non-drug non-book recreational activities :P

Like swimming! Or model cars. Because honestly, it feels kinda weird that there's apparently no model car kits in new england.

doitfortherp

EDIT: Spelled Car in an accent. Is fixed now :P

You actually can go swimming for fun. Kinda. If you're only wearing clothing that lies close to skin (the sort of thing you'd go swimming in), "wet" changes from a morale hit to a morale boost. It's a pretty powerful boost too, up to 40 points IIRC. I say kinda because you can get the same benefit from standing outside in the rain for a little bit, so the only mechanical reasons to actually go swimming are to train the skill (how I discovered this) or clear weather.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 03:27:08 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: November 02, 2016, 03:35:26 pm »

Also with the right equipment it seems like it's easier to fish by actually swimming after the damn things than using a fish trap, remembering not to wait too long before coming back and checking it, only to catch nothing anyway.

A fishing rod may be better, but I don't know.  Last time I tried to use a fishing rod in a river I kept getting told there were no fish, so I was probably doing it wrong.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 03:37:04 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: November 02, 2016, 03:39:14 pm »

You can use bear traps to catch big game and keep it alive.  Dogs seemed able to survive 1 snap.  At least within my mod they did.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 451