Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 794276 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4590 on: April 15, 2017, 10:06:10 am »

https://www.reddit.com/r/PKs_Rebalancing/

Ive popped up some threads about the more mysterious and slightly punishing aspects of the mod.  Stuff thats downplayed in the coregame but present, and thus since people dont know much about them and see somehow theyre experiencing some malus they dont know how to avoid they dislike it.  This hopefully helps people get over it with some brief education and etc
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: April 16, 2017, 11:41:26 am »

Large, full tanks typically mean Game Over. (Or at MINIMUM totaled car) Be very careful with this. (Keep your gas tanks away from ANY edge of the vehicle! The second frontmost row is also a no-no! (Even if you ram things never... You never know if your only choice is a bit of demolition derby or you just run out of replacement supplies...))

A long time ago, I used this to bust open a bunker. I think since then, tanks going up in smoke got fixed. Or broken, hard to tell.

Now it seems to just damage the vehicle part until the tank leaks, and eventually the tank is totaled and all the gasoline spills on the ground, burning rather mundanely.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: April 17, 2017, 01:16:23 pm »

Haven't played beyond a couple hours of Cataclysm but I think I've done enough to set up PKS Imagining, but I feel like the one in the mod list isn't the full extent of what it should be, is there some sort of extension to it or something unique I have to do first?

Heh, already figured out the welding cart tactic.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: April 17, 2017, 06:26:45 pm »

Got back on my current character, couldn't remember what it was. Turned out to be a Stylish maid. She was wearing full ceremonial plate armor and greathelm with her maid outfit over the armor and fancy sunglasses on inside the helm. I guess I went full anime.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #4595 on: April 17, 2017, 06:55:54 pm »

Got back on my current character, couldn't remember what it was. Turned out to be a Stylish maid. She was wearing full ceremonial plate armor and greathelm with her maid outfit over the armor and fancy sunglasses on inside the helm. I guess I went full anime.
Never go full Alphonse.  :P

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: April 17, 2017, 07:00:19 pm »

Never go full Alphonse.  :P

I was going to say Claymore.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: April 18, 2017, 04:56:11 pm »

Got a character up to the upper levels.  Had lots of good gear.  Working on survival set.  Starting to dabble in CBMs.  Had some skills in the lvl 7-8 range.  Starting to build a base of operations and tinker with vehicles.  This is near the extent to which I have ever progressed in this game.

I go on an expedition to an unexplored area of town.  Ride my bicycle out into an intersection.  Dismount to go clobber a zombie.  Zombie explodes right in front of me.  I start running.  After 1 step, I'm notified that I am being laser targeted.  I survive 4 shots and get like 8 steps away, before the off-screen tank drone obliterates me.

I both love and hate that about this game.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: April 18, 2017, 05:11:20 pm »

I got around that level, my death was by running my SWAT Van that was turned into loot hoard into a river with murderous fish.  :'(
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: May 29, 2017, 10:31:14 am »

Tank drones still keep me away from the game entirely, they are the most overpowered BS enemy ever that causes unpreventable YASD's for no good reason. Generally the MGS BS doesn't fit the game at all.
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: May 29, 2017, 11:33:05 am »

Gonna call that one ragequit induced paranoia. Tankdrones spawn rarely and in predictable locations and don't wander too much unless things have changed radically in the past couple of months. Most of my characters that have made it past day 400 have never seen one, or only seen one, maybe two on the outside. Also you're given clear warning the instant one starts targeting you and they can't target you from anywhere close to max sight range. If you turn a corner and see one close enough to attack you, you sprint back and go in another direction. If you see one at the edge of your sight range, you turn around, easy. If you stumble pointblank across one in the dark, well that's your own fault for risking going out in the dark without proper vision. Plus its fairly easy to tell ones in the area from all the huge explosions.

If you don't have the kit to fight one its not like they're sitting on top of game objectives. Just mark the area on your map and stay the hell away from it. Its not particularly difficult for an established character to kill them either unless they're sitting in an open field with no cover and you don't have a powerful enough rifle to hit them from outside their range.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: May 29, 2017, 11:51:19 am »

Oh hey, I forgot this was a thing. Mostly just been keeping my Arcana mod (https://github.com/chaosvolt/cdda-arcana-mod) updated, and enjoying being an ex-CDDA-forumite.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: May 29, 2017, 11:52:10 am »

they are actually underpowered from what a functional full sized automated tank would be.

not even infrared vision?  no real speed?  can be run over? single tile?
PKs DF Mod!

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: May 29, 2017, 03:47:13 pm »

they are actually underpowered from what a functional full sized automated tank would be.

not even infrared vision?  no real speed?  can be run over? single tile?

That really isn't the point. The point is this is an enemy which cannot be killed, but which can kill you in a single shot from a screen away. It might as well be an in-game "corrupt save file" function, it adds no fun, it literally adds nothing to the experience, it just ruins the experience.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: May 29, 2017, 03:57:59 pm »

im goingto be completely blunt:

this is a turn based game.  you, quite literally, have all the time you need to read, digest, and respond to the hud.  you have ZERO excuse for not.

additionally, there is no situation in coregame where a tank drone can sneak up on you.  YOU, the OP character of the game.  a tank drone is nerfed as it is.   they are not common, nor do they appear where you cannot see or avoid or outrun them.

tank drones can be blacklisted with a mod, and using them is a pisspoor excuse when i could make that mod in less than 90 seconds.

they dont break the game or take the fun out of it, they remind you that your character isnt the center of the ingame universe, despite being the one to grant us the narrative.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 451