Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 794710 times)

Urist McManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5475 on: June 17, 2018, 10:38:35 am »

So... can anybody give me a hint on how to cow? Or morespecifically: how do you get milk from them. From what I read around here, it seems like it should be possible to milk them since the introduction of dairy farms, but I've never been able to do so ingame. I've already tried - and failed - to use buckets on them and to lure them into milking stations, but that didn't seem to be the solution.

Apply a cattle fodder when standing next to them, then "e" examine them for a menu that lets you milk or make them a pack animal to carry your stuffs.

Sweet, thanks! Now I just have to figure out how to lead those cows along and back to my base...

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: June 19, 2018, 11:28:18 am »

A year in I had a full suite of CBMs, a gang of 8 NPC's in full survivor kit, a mobile base for extended exploration, an automated tesla cannon mounted on the roof, a fortress made out of a lab that I heavily modified to have a garage, cow pasture, a full workshop fed by a heavily defended solar array, and a HUGE supply of mutagen that I was refining into serums to conduct horrible experiments on my npc followers. My save corrupted buying gas.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: June 22, 2018, 08:17:53 pm »

So is there a difference between stab and pierce damage anymore or does the damage bonus from Krav Maga affect a morningstar or spear the same way it affects knives? Because at some point, the display for pierce and stab damage got unified into just pierce damage, so the only way to differentiate between the two is to look at the item directly in the files or remember what item had which damage type.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: June 22, 2018, 08:32:09 pm »

stab is pierce.

The only difference is the old code that converts cutting into stabbing.

Stab armor for monsters defaults to the average of their bash and cutting damage.
Piercing tag for weapons converts cut into stab damage
Piercing is the official name for the damage type of stab/pierce.

piercing may avoid some armor, like 20%?  idk.  Piercing weapons tend to do less damage on average, but benefit from a few special attacks, like reach or the rapiers dodge/block/low weight/crits/stunning.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 08:34:27 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: June 22, 2018, 09:46:07 pm »

stab is pierce.

The only difference is the old code that converts cutting into stabbing.

Stab armor for monsters defaults to the average of their bash and cutting damage.
Piercing tag for weapons converts cut into stab damage
Piercing is the official name for the damage type of stab/pierce.

piercing may avoid some armor, like 20%?  idk.  Piercing weapons tend to do less damage on average, but benefit from a few special attacks, like reach or the rapiers dodge/block/low weight/crits/stunning.
I already know all of that. What I want to know goes deeper than that easy stuff you can find with 5 minutes of searching the wiki/GitHub.

There are still two different damage flags in the code, STAB here:
Code: [Select]
"id": "pockknife",
    "type": "TOOL",
    "name": "pocket knife",
    "name_plural": "pocket knives",
    "description": "This is a small pocket knife.  It isn't great for combat, but it's better than nothing.  It's sharp enough to butcher with.",
    "weight": 141,
    "volume": 0,
    "price": 1000,
    "to_hit": -2,
    "cutting": 7,
    "material": [ "steel", "plastic" ],
    "symbol": ";",
    "color": "brown",
    "qualities": [ [ "CUT", 1 ], [ "CUT_FINE", 1 ], [ "BUTCHER", 12 ] ],
"flags": [ "STAB" ]
and SPEAR Seen here:
"id": "pickaxe",
    "type": "TOOL",
    "name": "pickaxe",
    "description": "This is a large steel pickaxe, suitable for breaking up hard things or (with enough skill) hard targets.  Strike the earth!",
    "weight": 4535,
    "volume": 12,
    "price": 16000,
    "to_hit": -3,
    "bashing": 12,
    "cutting": 8,
    "material": [ "wood", "steel" ],
    "symbol": "/",
    "color": "dark_gray",
    "use_action": "PICKAXE",
"flags": [ "SPEAR", "DURABLE_MELEE", "NONCONDUCTIVE" ]

They are still explicitly different flags and I want to know if things like this:
"id" : "krav_maga_static_edged",
                "name" : "Krav Maga Edged",
                "melee_allowed" : true,
                "min_unarmed" : 0,
                "mult_bonuses" : [["damage", "stab", 1.2]],
"description" : "Increased stabbing damage."
affect the SPEAR flag now that there is apparently no difference between the damage types and whether weapons with the SPEAR flag still have a higher chance of getting stuck into targets than one with STAB.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:57:59 pm by duckman »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: June 22, 2018, 09:58:19 pm »

Yes.  It should, as long as the weapon is on the approved list for the martial arts.  stuckins should happen as often as usual for piercing weapons.  Youre reading too much into it.

Old public code is old and public.

Bloat happens.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:59:58 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: June 22, 2018, 10:31:10 pm »

Yes.  It should, as long as the weapon is on the approved list for the martial arts.  stuckins should happen as often as usual for piercing weapons.  Youre reading too much into it.

Old public code is old and public.

Bloat happens.
Krav Maga only has tonfa variants in its approved weapon list so I think you're not looking deeply enough.

The approved list for a martial art is just so the approved weapons can be used with its techniques anyways so it isn't really all that relevant.

Edit: Additionally, it seems that the stuck-in mechanic was removed two years ago.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:56:37 pm by duckman »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: June 24, 2018, 01:54:15 pm »

Maybe a better place to ask would be on the official Cata forums, wherever they are hosted now.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: June 24, 2018, 07:45:14 pm »

OMG why would you literally make a reskin of a unique preorder character for your game, then release the preorder without modding it?

A shame too since muskets could easily be a neat 'hit all the things for graze damage and debuffs' character.  OR, make the crossbowgirl a damn tank-buster, giving her more prot-reducing.

dumb.  lame.  kind of nonsense.  why?
PKs DF Mod!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: June 24, 2018, 07:46:02 pm »

pisskop?

I think I know what thread you should be posting in... but it isn't this one.

Are you talking about the Darkest Dungeon character?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: June 24, 2018, 07:59:03 pm »

si
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: June 24, 2018, 08:48:27 pm »

OMG why would you literally make a reskin of a unique preorder character for your game, then release the preorder without modding it?

A shame too since muskets could easily be a neat 'hit all the things for graze damage and debuffs' character.  OR, make the crossbowgirl a damn tank-buster, giving her more prot-reducing.

dumb.  lame.  kind of nonsense.  why?
Because of how the class was born. AKA: an unwise KS reward concerning a backer specific class. Devs didnt want to either give those backers content that would be unavaiable to future buyers, but they didnt want to break their word either. So the musketeer reskin of the arbalester was the compromise.

TBH now that it´s avaiable to everyone, I´m kind of hoping they´ll turn it into something different...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: June 26, 2018, 04:25:53 pm »

Maybe a better place to ask would be on the official Cata forums, wherever they are hosted now.
My tests show that the stab buff doesn't actually work anyways, so I have all the information I need for now. This might be because the stab and pierce damage displays were merged and some obscure part of the code no longer recognizes that STAB flagged weapons are dealing stab damage, but I haven't rolled back to the stable to check if this is the case or if the buff never worked to begin with.

Someone also fixed that "Eye of the Tiger" bug back in April, so all* standard Martial Arts blunt and cut damage buffs should now be working as intended.

Edit: Seems like I should have upped the piercing, cutting and bashing skills a bit. The zero-skill damage penalty was throwing the direct damage testing off.

*Aside from Lizard style. That one is still in limbo.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:29:51 pm by duckman »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: June 29, 2018, 12:59:13 pm »

Been really into the game lately. Enjoying it but this time I'm noticing lots of things that don't seem all that realistic or fun. I have prescription glasses and transition lenses so it's basically been five years since I walked around without sunglasses but for all you normal eyed people: is it just fucking horrible walking around with unprotected eyes? Despite the fact that I can personally read by moonlight a mutant with full night vision can't beat the ends of a pipe flat, sharpen a stick, or tear apart a rag without a nightlight?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: June 30, 2018, 08:31:39 am »

I don’t have zombies trying to bite my eyes  out, so my experience with eyeglasses off hasn’t Bremen that bad. Then again, I’m in the same boat as you.

What issue are you having problems with, specifically?
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 451