Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 787238 times)

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5535 on: July 18, 2018, 03:44:46 pm »

Cbms you find while scavenging should not require any anesthetic since I assume they are self install kits with their own. You use your personal skills to install

Bionics you acquire from butchered corpses should need some anesthetic since they were previously installed and maybe need to be sterilized beforehand. You still need your personal skills along with something to dull the pain for operation.

Autodoc should be a (relatively) riskfree installation but could require you to spend money to use them.

Not sure if any of these ideas are reasonable.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #5536 on: July 18, 2018, 06:51:14 pm »

I'm personally more annoyed that autodocs are this magical monolithic fixtures, and the obvious isn't considered, which is to say, the ability to safely disassemble the thing and load it up in a truck.

That said, there's also another issue. That being that the design documents strictly stated that revitalization of industry was not going to happen. What happened? Apparently, devices are autonomous enough that a surgical suite that works on it's own and requires no high quality materials input can keep running no problem? But gunpowder and municipal power and the whole business is unfeasible?
Has the design doc changed recently? Or is it just being ignored because "autodoctors hehe".
If anything, the power needs of running medical suites like that alone would be comparable to capabilities to getting a small industrial base set up. The question of logistics in small scale hedge-industry is answered in the logistics of the autodoc. Same goes for the question of expertise.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: July 18, 2018, 07:05:00 pm »

Has the design doc changed recently? Or is it just being ignored because "autodoctors hehe".

I dont think anyone ever cared about the Design Doc, it was mostly a pr stunt . At best it represents Kevin's thoughts about some in-game issues.

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: July 18, 2018, 08:45:18 pm »

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/commit/b622362d8336eee1309b2785b0d80faa551841e3

As part of the overhaul of replacing instant healing effects with healing over time the first aid kit got nerfed. It cant clear infections anymore.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: July 18, 2018, 08:47:34 pm »

i think the game would be better if designed exclusively by me
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: July 18, 2018, 08:59:29 pm »

Quil18 started up a series on Cataclysm DDA and it pretty much excited me back into playing again, you can find it here.

@Altivera: Seriously? Even though it has disinfectants and everything?
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: July 18, 2018, 09:41:33 pm »

Quil18 started up a series on Cataclysm DDA and it pretty much excited me back into playing again, you can find it here.

@Altivera: Seriously? Even though it has disinfectants and everything?
I'm not a contributor.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: July 18, 2018, 11:38:27 pm »

Wait, do you mean full infections or just the initial deep bite? Because infected wounds were supposed to be beyond the point of using disinfectant.

Edit: I also told everyone about the medical supply overhaul they were planning a while back.
Since healing items seem to be getting their effects turned into an over time effect as well, what's next on the list? Alcohol? Sleep medicine? Stimulants?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:50:27 pm by duckman »

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: July 18, 2018, 11:59:47 pm »

Well first aid kits have disinfectant in them so I assume they can still clear bites. How much stuff in the base game can clear infections now that first aid kits cant?

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: July 19, 2018, 12:07:11 am »

antbiteic and royal jelly
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: July 19, 2018, 12:18:43 am »

Well first aid kits have disinfectant in them so I assume they can still clear bites. How much stuff in the base game can clear infections now that first aid kits cant?
It's down to antibiotics, royal jelly and spontaneously developing the Infection Immunity mutation.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: July 19, 2018, 12:28:55 am »

I'm personally more annoyed that autodocs are this magical monolithic fixtures, and the obvious isn't considered, which is to say, the ability to safely disassemble the thing and load it up in a truck.

Why would anyone want to load something up into an enormous heavily customized truck covered in armored plating and bristling with turrets that you live in.

I mean right now I'm really enjoying the NPC base building stuff but my default play style is to find a reasonably sized car in a halfway driveable condition and slowly teach myself mechanics until I can ship-of-theseus the thing into the monstrous deathmobile that is the throne from which I command the apocalypse. Being tied down by the location of hospitals if I have any interest in bionics is kind of a pain in the ass.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: July 19, 2018, 01:01:53 am »

Go into a lab, steal the dissector machines or whatever they're called, mount it to the front of your death fortress. Now when you ram into hordes of zombies those will disassemble the shocker zombies and extract their CBMs, which will then flow through a series of tubes to the autodoc next to the driver's seat, which will then automatically augment you while you drive.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: July 19, 2018, 01:26:14 am »

It's down to antibiotics, royal jelly and spontaneously developing the Infection Immunity mutation.

You could also hope and/or pray that you somehow survive the infection and/or bite. I've seen that happen, too. Something like "Your bite wound feels better" or the infection just disappearing and changing to "Recovering from infection".

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: July 19, 2018, 02:01:51 am »

You could also hope and/or pray that you somehow survive the infection and/or bite. I've seen that happen, too. Something like "Your bite wound feels better" or the infection just disappearing and changing to "Recovering from infection".
I think the default chance of that is less than a coin flip, especially if you've been doing anything that might negatively impact your hidden health stat.

Edit: Being Infection Resistant doubles that according to the wiki, but there may have been some changes since that was last updated.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 02:05:22 am by duckman »
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 451