Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 787353 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #6210 on: March 12, 2019, 05:43:00 am »

Hehe, no, that was supposed to say "in every tile?". 1-2 buildings in every time sounds very crowded for ruralside.

Unless a "map tile" means a much bigger area than what I'm thinking.
Love, scriver~

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: March 12, 2019, 06:08:15 am »

I... am not certain. World-chunks are sodding giant(well over 100x100 tiles), a "map" is 156x156 tiles, submaps are 12x12, timymaps are 24x24... I would have said world-chunk, but thats far too large.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 06:12:03 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: March 12, 2019, 07:28:20 am »

If you mean "in every time period" scriver, post 1700s, yes, there will be shit everywhere in new england.
New England and Moctezuma's Revenge: the Telltale Game
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6213 on: March 12, 2019, 08:09:30 am »

speaking of maps and biomes I'd really like a map which is a huge single city in the center with several outlying villages. The main city would probably be incredibly deadly so you'd need to stay to the outskirts until you're well geared and skilled.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: March 12, 2019, 11:08:54 am »

I'd like very big cities, but more importantly huge distances between them.

Wouldn't that just leave vast stretches of wilderness with nothing save animals, zombies, and natural terrain features? That doesn't exactly seem like a fun time. You'd be driving, maybe avoiding a bad stretch of road or stopping at a rest stop or whatnot to pick up supplies or investigate, but I can't help but think that would make things boring.

Unless, of course, there were to be small towns or smaller, non-city locations on those roads...

But what exactly about road trips do you like? Having been on a few in my life, I have to say the parts where you're on the road with little to amuse you but the radio and whatever electronics you brought along isn't really my own favorite part.

It probably would. Becoming stranded in between cities would actually force you to use the outdoor survival skills.
Would the road trip be tedious? I'm not sure, let's say the roadtrip would be uneventfull, how long (in real time) would it take you to make let's say three days trip of ingame time? 5 minutes more? Note that motorways could be mostly straight so you don't have to drive curves so often- mostly holding the button and let the time pass.

I like planing for roadtrips, preparing, and unpredicted situations and emergencies. ...and getting lost. Of course not in RL.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: March 12, 2019, 11:49:44 am »

If you mean "in every time period" scriver, post 1700s, yes, there will be shit everywhere in new england.
New England and Moctezuma's Revenge: the Telltale Game
Xipe-Topec will remember this.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: March 12, 2019, 05:14:37 pm »

Hehe, no, that was supposed to say "in every tile?". 1-2 buildings in every time sounds very crowded for ruralside.

Unless a "map tile" means a much bigger area than what I'm thinking.
Sorry, was thinking of the 24x24 blocks.

Bear in mind that "building" in this sense is meant to also include shit like trailheads, abandoned campsites, caves, individual tiles with anomalies/roadblocks/&c. -- basically any point of interest that isn't just endless swamp/forest/meadow.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: March 12, 2019, 06:34:18 pm »

It's been a minute since i've played, have they fixed the freezing issue in 0.d? that was one of the big omnipresent bugs I hated dealing with... other than some npc stuff nothing really comes to mind, and I think all that's slated for the next release. I liked playing with Pisskop's mod, is that still a thing? did it get merged? any mods anybody swears by for adding fun & flavor? PK, dinosaur/robot and the magic mods were the big ones I liked running with. Any other suggestions?

also re: the earlier discussion, I think i'll be doing something similiar in 0.d. I like the idea of bigger cities with a lot of space inbetween them, even if it is a little strange not having smaller cities as well. Maybe there could be some worldgen options along those lines? IDK how hard it would be to implement, considering how code illiterate I am, so I'd be interested to see what ya'll thought.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: March 12, 2019, 10:08:56 pm »

Freezing is largely fixed compared to when it released. It still happens too quickly, and body heat doesn't do much to stop it. Some recent PRs are working on radiant heat and stuff so I don't know how much longer that problem will last... overall though I think it's not bad.

Town spacing is something we're working on for main, in a few months you shouldn't need it as a mod.

In other news, tonight I'm probably going to use code mlangsdorf fixed up to make it possible to build an NPC base inside an evacuation shelter. These are the same kinds of bases you can currently build with tents in a field. The code is slowly getting towards making flexible bases (ie. I declare this house my new base, NPCs, start making me a sandwich in the kitchen), but since that's a long way off, hard-coding certain common sites to be a usable start point for a base is a good alternative.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 10:12:42 pm by Erk »
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: March 14, 2019, 07:14:49 am »

It's been a minute since i've played, have they fixed the freezing issue in 0.d? that was one of the big omnipresent bugs I hated dealing with... other than some npc stuff nothing really comes to mind, and I think all that's slated for the next release. I liked playing with Pisskop's mod, is that still a thing? did it get merged? any mods anybody swears by for adding fun & flavor? PK, dinosaur/robot and the magic mods were the big ones I liked running with. Any other suggestions?

also re: the earlier discussion, I think i'll be doing something similiar in 0.d. I like the idea of bigger cities with a lot of space inbetween them, even if it is a little strange not having smaller cities as well. Maybe there could be some worldgen options along those lines? IDK how hard it would be to implement, considering how code illiterate I am, so I'd be interested to see what ya'll thought.

There are worldgen options for those, and have been IIRC since before Whales abandoned Cataclysm.

Setting -> Options -> World Defaults. Size of cities increases/decreases city size. City spacing increases/decreases distance between cities. Max the latter at 8, set the former at 10-12, and you get large cities with decent distance between them. Bear in mind that if you make them too big the sprawl can sometimes partially negate the increased spacing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: March 14, 2019, 10:27:38 am »

• Chickens can no longer fly (#28695)
NERF!!!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: March 14, 2019, 01:36:42 pm »

Yeah, but it's more of a tall jump than actual flying. Could the chickens actually fly?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: March 14, 2019, 01:43:20 pm »

Well, it seems Aftershock mod has been mainlined and it adds back all the stuff that gets removed for being "unrealisticks".

EDIT: It has been added to the default mod list, which probably isn't the same as being mainlined, but what do I know.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 01:49:46 pm by Sergius »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: March 14, 2019, 02:14:16 pm »

Well, it seems Aftershock mod has been mainlined and it adds back all the stuff that gets removed for being "unrealisticks".

EDIT: It has been added to the default mod list, which probably isn't the same as being mainlined, but what do I know.

Relevant to my interests! I'll have to try it out soon.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 451