Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 793038 times)

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #6240 on: March 15, 2019, 08:51:29 am »

Why don't we give up on world-scale procedural generation and instead just use a real-world map of new england? :D
No thanks.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: March 15, 2019, 10:38:22 am »

Aftershock has been added to the "packaged mods" which means it ships with downloads of the game and, relevantly, we are able to make sure stuff we add doesn't conflict with it because the current source code is available.

It's not getting mainlined ever, but a few of the devs are helping with c++ support for it, so it should be pretty viable.

(Chickens could actually fly, it was making it really hard to build chicken coops)

Yeah I misused the term, mainlined is when it becomes the standard game (or at least the Dark Days Ahead core mod), which would defeat the purpose of being the stuff that is getting removed from DDA.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: March 15, 2019, 11:36:09 am »

Can flying things fly over river now?
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: March 15, 2019, 06:48:01 pm »

Has that fantastic lad porting the game to android ported 0.d yet? even if not I might download whatever newest version there is onto my tablet, since it might be a while before I can get at my desktop again.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: March 15, 2019, 08:20:56 pm »

Can flying things fly over river now?
What do you mean? On the overmap or local maps? On the local scale, they have been able to for a long, long time.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: March 15, 2019, 09:21:03 pm »

I didn't notice that!

I still remembered chasing and cornering wild ducks along the river bank.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: March 20, 2019, 11:25:19 pm »

I didn't notice that!

I still remembered chasing and cornering wild ducks along the river bank.

flying things can cross water I believe.  Arrows and crossbows etc can hit em

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: March 21, 2019, 12:46:13 am »

ok so after surviving almost 5 days with a "naked and afraid" start, i have to ask. is it required for the player to be properly fed/hydrated at all times? or i can make it fine as long as i keep it over Famished? because the time sink to keep up with the dietary requirements is too damn high to do anything properly. would like to point that i didnt just stay in the untamed wilds, i eventually started hitting the road to look for easy pickings and shelter, was subsisting mostly on some powdered egg packages, boiled water and some food from the forest thanks to a nearby Farm (there were no seeds tho).

i just got bored of having to eat constantly, perhaps i should have invested on saving up my rations and not care as much on that regard?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 12:50:43 am by xaritscin »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: March 21, 2019, 06:01:21 am »

Being hungry and especially thirsty makes you do everything slower. Needless to say, that's a bad thing when you need to flee from zombies. Still, to eat less often, you should invest in more energy-dense foods. Powdered eggs aren't a very good food on their own, but you can make a broth out of them, which is a base for soups, which are great foods. Pemmican and granola are probably the best, but making them requires a bunch of skills, ingredients and tools that you probably don't have.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: March 21, 2019, 11:01:48 am »

so i have to get better in cooking and find better ingredients? makes sense but in the grim darkness of the cataclysm world, im not sure how to find those things without dying. ok i can probably subsists out of pinecones and other stuff like that but i just dont understand how do resources work in this game.

do trees and plants replenish overtime? or i'll have to eventually move on? i got seeds for several plants in that run but seeing that im supposed to wait until the 5th-6th to properly do farming, im not sure if my foodstocks would keep long enough unless i lengthen the time between meals.

EDIT:

speaking of the world, has anyone tried changing to Desert in the options? or is it bugged?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:04:20 am by xaritscin »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6250 on: March 21, 2019, 11:19:56 am »

Can't you just get a car and eat roasted roadkill?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: March 21, 2019, 12:04:45 pm »

Can't you just get a car and eat roasted roadkill?

they seem too much complicated to use in the early game, going on foot is less cumbersome but i get it. but no, i'd rather hunt with a bow or something else.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: March 22, 2019, 04:45:52 am »

generally once u get going things get easier.  But sometimes u just don't get the right set of things to get going.  That said if u do make it through the first few days things if u take care do tend to get easier

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: March 22, 2019, 06:00:00 am »

That new tileset by erk (I think, it was a short name anyway) hadn't actually been released yet, right?
Love, scriver~

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: March 22, 2019, 10:27:30 am »

I've been playing a really-bad-day start with a shower victim and man did I have to die a lot of times, sometimes I'd even find stable and safe-ish sources of food and enough clothing not to die right away but the antibiotic drop (even the weakest one) is waaay low. Had to buy the Infection Resistant trait to even have a chance. Even then, with Atreyupan I had to savescum to survive like my 20th attempt.

If I didn't start at the edge of a town instead of right in the middle of a huge city, I didn't even bother with that save.
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 451